Author Topic: Most productive body part routine ever!!!  (Read 3309 times)

myseone

• Getbig III
Most productive body part routine ever!!!
« on: July 15, 2006, 09:18:53 PM »
I thought about posting this a few weeks ago, and figure now it's time.

We all have exercise programs that we have tried that we swear by, programs that litterally enabled us to make huge changes to are physiques in weeks, or a few months. Programs that litterally melted of fat, build an inch or two of new muscle, and made our bench or squat go through the stratosphere. Well why don't we share a part of the routine that worked for us? Maybe others can benefit from our advice, and maybe we all can learn a new way of attacking an age old problem of renewed growth.

If you have an area of your physique that used to be stubborn but you brought it up with a specific program post your routine. Even if the muscle group has grown easily from the beginning but grew quicker on a specific routine people want to see it.

I'll start by posting my most productive chest routine, yeah I know that my chest is one of my gifted muscle groups but the routine that followed allowed me to take my chest development to a high level (for me) and attain fuller and more complete development.

Okay favorite chest routine was structured like this,

First movement up Incline chest presses on the smith machine with the bench set at 45 degrees
repetition range from full extension to when my upper arms were parrallel to the floor
1st set just the barbell for 60 quick speed repetitions (goal to losen up and wake up the nervous system)
2nd set two 45lb plates aprox 20 reps
3rd warm up set four 45lb plates 10 reps
4th warm up set six 45lb plates 2 reps

1st work set 405lbs (I got up to 465lbs on this one) with assistance 4 reps to failure immediately drop to six 45lb plates and rep out with forced reps and negatives, immediately drop to 225lbs and rep out to failure with forced reps, immediately drop to two 45lb plates and rep out to failure with partner pushing down on negative portion of rep

2nd work set 365lbs to failure with forced reps

Next up decline bench press
1 warm up set 185lbs
work set 275-315lbs for 6-10 reps, immediately drop down to 225lbs and rep out with forced reps, immediately drop down to 135lbs to failure with forced reps

Next up Incline dumbbell flyes 80-100lbs 8-12 reps (partner assisted) to failure, sometimes drop setted once by reducing to 70lbs or so

Parallel bar dips rock bottom 120lbs for 5 reps

That was it, this would totally crush my chest and I would'nt work it again for 7 days, but it worked exceptionally well, giving me thickness, fullness, cross striations, and vascularity.

Okay lets here about what has worked for you------

Tier

• Getbig III
  • Lift light with sloppy form
Re: Most productive body part routine ever!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2006, 11:52:58 PM »
crappy old leg extentions 3 sets , 10 reps as heavy as i could made my quads expolode!   now i dont bother much with quads cause my hams are so far behind.

lilwoday09smb

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2006, 11:40:34 PM »
i was wondering if you didnt do flat bench presses because of a shoulder problem. i have a bad shoulder and was told to avoid flat bench press. i can do shoulder presses fine, but for some reason bench hurts it. or did you just choose decline because you felt it worked it better

lilwoday09smb

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2006, 11:44:21 PM »
as far as a workout goes. i did
4 x 100 leg extensions ( had to have a spotter help me on last 20-30)
squats 1 x 225 20 reps
          1 x 275 15 reps
          1 x 295 8 reps
          1 x 305 3 reps
          1 x 185 23 reps

leg press 7 45s per side 3 x 8
leg curl 4 x 20 90 pounds

then i threw up

myseone

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2006, 08:31:55 AM »
i was wondering if you didnt do flat bench presses because of a shoulder problem. i have a bad shoulder and was told to avoid flat bench press. i can do shoulder presses fine, but for some reason bench hurts it. or did you just choose decline because you felt it worked it better

I had more power and stability pushing from a decline position. In terms of lower pec to mid pec development I think its a much better movement than the flat bench press.

myseone

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2006, 08:56:30 AM »
as far as a workout goes. i did
4 x 100 leg extensions ( had to have a spotter help me on last 20-30)
squats 1 x 225 20 reps
          1 x 275 15 reps
          1 x 295 8 reps
          1 x 305 3 reps
          1 x 185 23 reps

leg press 7 45s per side 3 x 8
leg curl 4 x 20 90 pounds

then i threw up

Nice

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2006, 09:47:12 AM »
myseone you are one of those bodybuilders that are scared to use free weights aren't you?
just push some weight!

myseone

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2006, 10:45:56 AM »
myseone you are one of those bodybuilders that are scared to use free weights aren't you?

Not really I use what ever tool I need to get the job done.

Bast175

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2006, 04:21:35 PM »
Not really I use what ever tool I need to get the job done.

that kinda sounded gay.

myseone

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2006, 10:14:02 AM »
that kinda sounded gay.

Get ya mind out of the gutter

Nathan

• Getbig III
  • 5'11 185 lbs
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2006, 09:03:17 AM »
Thanks for the post myseone.

2 warm up sets, Incline DB bench: 55lbs
2 working Drop sets: 90/85/80/75/70lbs
2 set cable cross overs, for warm up whole stack.
2 working Drop sets of incline DB flys: 80/75/70/65/60lbs
2 warm up sets of dips w/a slight lean forward to emphasis chest
2 working drop sets of weighted dips: 80/75/70/65

I do all this in 30-45min max each set done with maximum focus and effort possable.
I also change up order of exercises and techniques regularly and such for example: drop sets to forced reps lets say or negatives etc...
P