Author Topic: Vince Taylor out of the PDI & into the Olympia  (Read 178237 times)

JeanPaul

• Getbig II
Re: Vince Taylor out of the PDI & into the Olympia
« Reply #125 on: July 17, 2006, 06:26:42 AM »
Why do you comment on things you have no clue about?

Actually I do. In fact I can start with your "supplements" dealing back in NY. Would you want me to go in to details.
Chic, just like Shawn cares only about Chic.

Ron and you both say how much you done for athletes. Lets here it. What have you done? Where is medical insurence? Why cant athletes compete in PDI or wherever they can make money? Who did you help with TV, movies? I mean you couldnt even help yourself in that department. What have you done in your position except get a title that you dont deserve by being a comapny man?

Since I dont know, why dont you tell us all about your great accomplishments?

GHGut

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #126 on: July 17, 2006, 06:49:12 AM »
Except for Lee, are you guys really impressed with the lineup of the NOC this year?
Just a question.

If the PDI is going to work, here's how. It's going to take 2-3 years. The bodybuilders in the IFBB will need to see PDI bodybuilders getting paid, getting treated with respect and that the PDI itself has some sort of future. Once they do, the exodus from the IFBB will be enormous. Right now there is a start up problem for the PDI: the best bodybuilders are associated with the IFBB, but those guys want to be careful because if they jump ship and the PDI cruise line sinks, they're screwed.

I said this from day one... if ANYONE can pull this off, it is Wayne DeMelia.

As far as losing Vince... Vince was an awesome bodybuilder in his day and still is, but he's not what he was. PDI will introduce and cultivate new talent.

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #127 on: July 17, 2006, 06:57:23 AM »
Sucks for PDI, Vince Taylor was the crown jewel of the org.
L

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #128 on: July 17, 2006, 07:06:44 AM »
Vince CHOSE to take the gig...the promoters don't force anyone to guest pose. He also guest posed at the Jr. Nationals last month...

the point is moot.
Here we go again. The word moot is a contranym, which means it can denote that the issue is both up for debate as well as being academic- ie. foregone.

/Stop thinking you are smarter than your audience. It is condescending and continues to gain you the emnity of this board's members.  >:(

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
« Reply #129 on: July 17, 2006, 07:21:59 AM »
If I sign a contract with Jessica Simpson to do a concert, and I advertise and sell tickets, then she changes her mind, guess what - she owes me damages.

Of all the music acts you could have chosen for this analogy!

Perhaps you were daydreaming of how she might pay off such a debt? ...

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #130 on: July 17, 2006, 07:40:31 AM »
If the PDI is going to work, here's how. It's going to take 2-3 years. The bodybuilders in the IFBB will need to see PDI bodybuilders getting paid, getting treated with respect and that the PDI itself has some sort of future. Once they do, the exodus from the IFBB will be enormous. Right now there is a start up problem for the PDI: the best bodybuilders are associated with the IFBB, but those guys want to be careful because if they jump ship and the PDI cruise line sinks, they're screwed.

I said this from day one... if ANYONE can pull this off, it is Wayne DeMelia.

As far as losing Vince... Vince was an awesome bodybuilder in his day and still is, but he's not what he was. PDI will introduce and cultivate new talent.

Could not have been said any better. It's like a Dot-Com....it may fail but if it succeeds, the first employees/bodybuilders will be tremendously rewarded and see new heights.....

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #131 on: July 17, 2006, 07:43:05 AM »
Of all the music acts you could have chosen for this analogy!

Perhaps you were daydreaming of how she might pay off such a debt? ...

That thing have a hemi?

hifrommike

• Getbig III
« Reply #132 on: July 17, 2006, 07:56:32 AM »
There's a difference between McMahon & DeMilia.  DeMilia knows bodybuilding is not wrestling, he knows how to promote a show, he knows not to try to issue a monthly mag & Saturday morning kids' show around the concept, he knows the competitors, he knows the flaws in the IFBB, he knows he can't just buy X number of competitors & drop them like hot potatoes (as McMahon did), etc.  He's working to professionalize a new group of competitors, like the IFBB is doing with the figure women right now.  Except for Gary Udit, there is nothing new being done for the men in the NPC & IFBB.  Moreover, the number of men who have truly been able to support themselves on contest winnings can probably be counted on one hand with fingers to spare. 

We need alternatives.  I hope the PDI takes off & flies. 

mikediesel

• Getbig III
« Reply #133 on: July 17, 2006, 08:03:47 AM »
Thank you Vince Taylor. Because of your indecision/flip floping, you have made the PDI and NOC the talk of the boards  ;)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #134 on: July 17, 2006, 08:05:09 AM »
There's a difference between McMahon & DeMilia.  DeMilia knows bodybuilding is not wrestling, he knows how to promote a show, he knows not to try to issue a monthly mag & Saturday morning kids' show around the concept, he knows the competitors, he knows the flaws in the IFBB, he knows he can't just buy X number of competitors & drop them like hot potatoes (as McMahon did), etc.  He's working to professionalize a new group of competitors, like the IFBB is doing with the figure women right now.  Except for Gary Udit, there is nothing new being done for the men in the NPC & IFBB.  Moreover, the number of men who have truly been able to support themselves on contest winnings can probably be counted on one hand with fingers to spare. 

We need alternatives.  I hope the PDI takes off & flies. 

Good point, although that Gary Udit is the same man who, according to rumors, hired Vince Taylor away from PDI.  

Professionalizing a new generation of athlete - that is a very good point. He does have a good looking group of athletes with much more mainstream appeal than your standard IFBB lineup.  

JeanPaul

• Getbig II
« Reply #135 on: July 17, 2006, 08:25:35 AM »
Good point, although that Gary Udit is the same man who, according to rumors, hired Vince Taylor away from PDI.  

Professionalizing a new generation of athlete - that is a very good point. He does have a good looking group of athletes with much more mainstream appeal than your standard IFBB lineup.  

I find it interesting that Vince Taylor is guest posing on the same night as NOC. Whene was the last time Vince was hired to guest pose? How many shows was he invited to guest pose after hi great showing at Austraian Gran Prix? But somehow Gary Udit, the promoter and IFBB official invites Vince to guest pose on the same night as NOC.
they cant stop Lee so they went after the next big name. I am saying they because it's clear that it's not Udit who is behind it but IFBB.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #136 on: July 17, 2006, 08:44:54 AM »
There is so much conflict of interest going on, it's almost amusing.  To further the irony, you can hear the complete story of Vince's decision exclusively on a radio webcast run by the IFBB Athlete's Rep.  AWESOME!

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #137 on: July 17, 2006, 09:03:02 AM »
Thank you Vince Taylor. Because of your indecision/flip floping, you have made the PDI and NOC the talk of the boards  ;)

Good point.  Even though I haven't read/heard anything directly from Vince, this rumor *did* at least get people talking about bodybuilding shows again. 

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #138 on: July 17, 2006, 09:04:20 AM »

Giving someone a better offer is not the same as playing dirty pool. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: July 17, 2006, 09:12:29 AM »

True.  But I question Gary's motives for choosing Vince as the pro for the weekend.  Two weeks before the O, no IFBB show, and they choose to overpay Vince? 

I think the dead giveaway was Bob Chic passing the buck before anyone even handed it to him.  "It wasn't the IFBB - blame the promoter" when Bob isn't even an IFBB spokesman lol...

mrsirjojo

• Getbig II
  • Si vis pacem, Para bellum.
« Reply #140 on: July 17, 2006, 09:15:19 AM »

It wouln't be hard to show that the IFBB is essentally a monopoly, and the NPC is a branch of that monopoly. I would think that enticing Vince away to pose the same night with a better offer, even though the IFBB knew it would mean Vince would break his contract to do so (and ESPECIALLY if the IFBB offered to pay Vince's fine for him) could put the IFBB in hot water with anti-trust laws or at least give Wayne a strong case to sue the IFBB and not just Vince.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #141 on: July 17, 2006, 09:18:37 AM »
Actually I do. In fact I can start with your "supplements" dealing back in NY. Would you want me to go in to details.
Chic, just like Shawn cares only about Chic.
Ron and you both say how much you done for athletes. Lets here it. What have you done? Where is medical insurence? Why cant athletes compete in PDI or wherever they can make money? Who did you help with TV, movies? I mean you couldnt even help yourself in that department. What have you done in your position except get a title that you dont deserve by being a comapny man?
Since I dont know, why dont you tell us all about your great accomplishments?

Please, by all means...tell all you can...I have nothing to hide.

Where is the medical insurance? Right where it should be...available and set up for any and all IFBB pro's who wish to get it. Many have already, many more will take advantage if they are smart.

As for getting work for athletes...I've helped plenty..Chris Cook, Chris Cormier, QT, Will Harris, Mike Ergas, Lauren Powers, Flex Lewis, Idrise Ward El, Nasser, etc , etc, too many to list...anything from guest posings to TV shows. I get a lot of calls from being in the business, many for Bbers that fit someone else's description, it's easy, it's called picking up the phone and helping your friends...

Was it only "Chic caring about Chic" when I tried forming a union for the athletes a few years ago? How about the non-paying position of Athletes rep? Creating the FLEXY Awards and $1,000 to each athlete that was awarded..... How about the THOUSANDS of dollars Shawn has raised for athletes...$10,000 best posing awards, $25,000 to the CHOC Hospital 2 years running...All-star seminars where each athlete was paid $1,000 to appear, etc, etc...need more?

Here's the minutes from the last IFBB meeting...athletes are now qualified for the Olympia from the 4th place bump (Mustafa)....and the women have been put back on the Olympia main stage from my efforts...

Like I said....STFU about things you don't know about..you've just been made a fool of.

Pursuant to Article 3.7 of the IFBB Professional Rules (2005 Edition), the IFBB Professional Division, held their annual meeting at the Orleans Hotel, Mardi Gras Room, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA, on Wednesday, October 12, 2005. The following officials were present:

Mr. Jim Manion   Chairman of the IFBB Professional Division.
Mr. Jim Rockell   Professional Division Management Team, Men’s Representative
Mr. Rob Wilkins   Professional Division Management Team, Athlete Liaison (The Americas)
Mr. Pawel Filleburn   Professional Division Management Team, Athlete Liaison (Europe)
Mr. Peter McGough   Professional Division Management Team, Media Representative
Mr. Steve Weinberger   Professional Division Management Team, Promoter Representative
Ms. Betty Pariso   Professional Division Management Team, Women’s Bodybuilding Rep
Ms. Adela Garcia   Professional Division Management Team, Fitness Athlete Rep
Mr. Bob Cicherillo   Professional Division Management Team, Male Athlete Rep
Ms. Jenny Lynn   Professional Division Management Team, Figure Athlete Rep
*Mr. Asher Frig   Professional Division Judge
*Mr. Matt Crane   Professional Division Judge
*Mr. Jon Lindsay   Professional Division Promoter
*Mr. Steve O’Brian   Professional Division Judge/Promoter
*Mr. Gary Udit   Professional Division Judge/Promoter
*Mr. John Tuman   Professional Division Judge/Promoter
*Mr. Joe Palumbo   Professional Division Expeditor
*Mr. Matt Bristol   Professional Division Expeditor
*Mr. Bill Tierney   Professional Division Judge
*Ms. Wanda Tierney   Professional Division Judge
*Mrs. Amy Wilkins   Professional Division Expeditor/recorder of minutes
*Observer, no vote

I.  CALL TO ORDER

Mr. Manion welcomed and called the meeting to order at 4:00 p.m.

II.  AGENDA ITEMS

Women’s Bodybuilding    No Proposals    Betty Pariso
Fitness       No Proposals    Adela Garcia
Figure     No Proposals   Jenny Lynn
Men’s Bodybuilding   Eight Proposals    Bob Cicherillo

The following items were proposed and voted upon by members of the IFBB Professional Division Management Team:   

A. For all IFBB Pro competitions, a bodybuilder from Italy proposed having two weight classes; under 200 pounds and over 200 pounds. 

Mr. Manion tabled this item for a vote:  Motion was denied.

B. Upon the promoters approval, request registered IFBB Pro’s receive two free tickets to all IFBB sanctioned shows upon presentation of current IFBB Pro card.

In regards to this proposal, the following items were discussed:

- IFBB Pro’s must contact the promoter and request the tickets at least two weeks 
         prior to the competition date.
      - Must act accordingly
      - The tickets will be designated by the promoter.
      - IFBB Pro’s may be asked to participate and present trophy during competition.

Mr. Manion tabled this item for a vote:  Motion was accepted.

C.  Recommend the IFBB guarantee’s purses for IFBB sanctioned competitions.  Mr. Manion informed group that from this point forward, if a promoter did not pay the purse, he (Mr. Manion) would take on this expense and make all payments.   

D.  Recommend all official information related to IFBB competitions be added and updated accordingly on the official site of the IFBB, www.ifbb.com/Pro Division.  Mr. Tony Blinn is the webmaster for the site and all information related to competitions will be sent to him in a timely manner so he can post it.

E.  Recommend judges individual scores to be made public after completion of contest.

- An IFBB judge will e-mail or fax scores to Tony Blinn to be posted on website. 

F. Recommend current IFBB scoring format be replaced by NPC system of scoring and/or amended, specifically the posing round.

-Eliminate posing round except for entertainment value.
-All registered male and female bodybuilding athletes must vote.  Registered athletes will be contacted by their respective athlete rep.  Please send vote responses to respective reps by 15 Dec 05. 
-Optional for the promoter to provide prize money or a trophy.

Mr. Manion tabled this item for a vote:  Motion was accepted however, awaiting voting results from registered athletes (Item Open).

G.  Recommend a mandatory number of athletes (4 – 6) be provided free airfare/hotel costs by the promoter.

- This item is left to the discretion of each promoter.

H.  Recommend Olympia qualifying placing to extend to next highest placing athletes in the event of athletes already being qualified in the top three.

- If top three are already qualified for the Olympia, then the fourth place will winner will qualify for the Olympia.
- If the top four have already qualified for the Olympia, no additional qualifications will be permitted.

I.  Recommend purse of IFBB sanctioned shows to have a mandatory increase of 10% of total purse, every third year of shows existence (applicable to shows with total purse under 50K).  Shows with 50K + purse to increase 5% every third year.

- Promoters will try to increase prize money when possible however, they strongly disagree with being mandated to increase the prize money.

III. CLOSING COMMENTS:

- In regards to registered IFBB athletes competing and/or providing seminars to other organizations, the following rule from the IFBB Professional Rules (2005 Edition), will be enforced: 

14.9 Non-sanctioned Events:
Any IFBB professional athlete, judge or official who participates at a competition or event not approved or sanctioned by the IFBB may be fined, suspended or expelled. Participation shall include, but shall not be limited to, competing, guest posing, giving a seminar, lecture or similar presentation, judging, officiating and/or taking part in a non-IFBB sanctioned competition or event in any other way, shape, or form.

- IFBB registered athletes interested in serving as athlete reps for 2006 should contact Mr. Manion by 1 December 2005 at: 

IFBB Professional Division
P.O. Box 3224
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15230
USA
Toll Free: 1-866-304-4322
Tel: (412) 276-5027
Fax: (412) 281-0470
E-mail: ifbbprodivision@aol.com

After reviewing the list on candidates, the IFBB Pro Division Office will send out a ballot (via e-mail) for registered athletes to select their choice to serve as the athlete rep.  The voting period is 9 – 21 Dec 05.  After all the ballots have been counted, those elected athlete reps will be notified by Mr. Manion during the last week of December ’05 and begin their duties on 1 Jan 06.

ADJOURNMENT

After reviewing and voting on all the agenda items, the IFBB Professional Division, meeting was adjourned at 5:00 p.m.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #142 on: July 17, 2006, 09:19:22 AM »
True.  But I question Gary's motives for choosing Vince as the pro for the weekend.  Two weeks before the O, no IFBB show, and they choose to overpay Vince? 

I think the dead giveaway was Bob Chic passing the buck before anyone even handed it to him.  "It wasn't the IFBB - blame the promoter" when Bob isn't even an IFBB spokesman lol...

Think a step further.

Consider the publicity Udit will get for his show due to having Vince Taylor guest posing the same  very night as he was supposed to stand on stage at the NOC.

Great publicity stunt from Udit, whether or not he made it to fcuk with DeMilia or not is another question.

But his show will definitely feed off the publicity from all the PDI/IFBB controversy, and he was able to make his show very interesting.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #143 on: July 17, 2006, 09:21:43 AM »

Vince isn't getting overpaid, he's getting exactly what anyone else is getting with his name recognition and star appeal...no more no less....and no one is "blaming" the promoter...if you want to blame someone, blame Vince for taking the job.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #144 on: July 17, 2006, 09:32:36 AM »
Vince isn't getting overpaid, he's getting exactly what anyone else is getting with his name recognition and star appeal...no more no less....and no one is "blaming" the promoter...if you want to blame someone, blame Vince for taking the job.

LOL...

Bob, you've made it clear you're the athletes rep.  If there was an agreement between the IFBB and Udit, YOU wouldn't know about it.  You don't work for either of them.

shutupandtrain88

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #145 on: July 17, 2006, 09:35:47 AM »
The IFBB doesn't pay athletes to guest pose...promoters do.

Vince has the ability to compete in the Olympia, just like everyone else that has qualified...nothing more, nothing less....

It was VINCE'S decision to take a pass on the PDI...we'll have more info on tomorrows "Pro BB Weekly" broadcast, of course.

I wonder if Wayne will attempt to fine Vince, or if he's REALLY all for the athletes...? Could be like old times...

Lets see how many other conspiracy theories you fools can can up with before tomorrow....lolol.

might be late BUT, If Lee competes at the NOC will he be fined or banned from the olympia?  No doublespeak please, IFBB rep.......

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #146 on: July 17, 2006, 09:39:24 AM »
LOL...

Bob, you've made it clear you're the athletes rep.  If there was an agreement between the IFBB and Udit, YOU wouldn't know about it.  You don't work for either of them.

I know the whole story...trust me. It's not that exciting.

Vince is doing whats right for Vince...plain and simple.

Question is, why isn't Demilia setting up guest posings for these guys...getting them out in the public? With all the promoters that will be putting on shows for the PDI (some of them *allegedly* IFBB promoters) where are all the paying jobs for these guys?

Qualifiers have been canceled
PDI radio has yet to see the light of day
zero guest posings
health ins. was a fraud

doesn't look good, bud....

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #147 on: July 17, 2006, 09:40:20 AM »

That thing have a hemi?

the car or the girl?

mikediesel

• Getbig III
« Reply #148 on: July 17, 2006, 10:01:21 AM »
I know the whole story...trust me. It's not that exciting.

Vince is doing whats right for Vince...plain and simple.

Question is, why isn't Demilia setting up guest posings for these guys...getting them out in the public? With all the promoters that will be putting on shows for the PDI (some of them *allegedly* IFBB promoters) where are all the paying jobs for these guys?

Qualifiers have been canceled
PDI radio has yet to see the light of day
zero guest posings
health ins. was a fraud

doesn't look good, bud....

Actually "Bud" what doesn't look good is the desperate measures the IFBB is taking to undermind the PDI. Doesn't the IFBB understand that by trying to sabotage the PDI, they are making the "peanut gallery" want the PDI to succed even more? The IFBB survives because the "Peanut Gallery" spends it's hard earned money on IFBB shows. Piss us off and we will be more than glad to take our bussiness else where. 

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #149 on: July 17, 2006, 10:06:14 AM »
I'm sorry...what "desperate measures" have the IFBB put into action?

VINCE decided to keep his business in the IFBB...he wasn't coerced, he wasn't strong armed (no pun intended), he wasn't forced in any way. All he has is what every other IFBB athlete has...an OPPORTUNITY to compete for prize money and pick up some appearances to make a living.

The IFBB has offered Vince nothing...Gary Udit asked Vince if he would be interested in guest posing at the N. American...Vince could have certainly refused as it was on the same night as the NOC...he didn't.

Vince has more opportunities in the IFBB plain and simple, the PDI has yet to see the light of day.