Author Topic: Vince Taylor out of the PDI & into the Olympia  (Read 178151 times)

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Vince Taylor out of the PDI & into the Olympia
« Reply #150 on: July 17, 2006, 10:07:39 AM »
Why cant athletes compete in PDI or wherever they can make money

We have went over this. The same reason why any other professional in any other sport cannot compete for any organization. Whether it is football, soccer, baseball, bowling, etc.  The athletes can choose where he wants to compete.

Whene was the last time Vince was hired to guest pose?

Vince was hired to guest post last month at the Jr. Nationals.

Consider the publicity Udit will get for his show due to having Vince Taylor guest posing the same very night as he was supposed to stand on stage at the NOC.

True, Vince Taylor is in the news whether he likes it or not, gives him much more publicity, and perhaps a contract with a supplement company soon.

Bob, you've made it clear you're the athletes rep. If there was an agreement between the IFBB and Udit, YOU wouldn't know about it. You don't work for either of them.

Bob is the IFBB Athletes Rep. Can you understand that already! He is not the PDI Athletes rep, not the NABBA athletes rep, not the Olympics athletes rep. He is the IFBB Athletes rep. Making sure that the athletes that are in the IFBB maximizes their concerns, and he helps them whenever possible. The athletes themselves need to call Bob to get that done.

On a side note, if Vince Taylor did have a contract with the PDI, then that is a problem. But the question is - did he or did he not sign, and is it an iron clad contract, and does the PDI care?

mikediesel

• Getbig III
« Reply #151 on: July 17, 2006, 10:10:03 AM »
I'm sorry...what "desperate measures" have the IFBB put into action?

VINCE decided to keep his business in the IFBB...he wasn't coerced, he wasn't strong armed (no pun intended), he wasn't forced in any way. All he has is what every other IFBB athlete has...an OPPORTUNITY to compete for prize money and pick up some appearances to make a living.

The IFBB has offered Vince nothing...Gary Udit asked Vince if he would be interested in guest posing at the N. American...Vince could have certainly refused as it was on the same night as the NOC...he didn't.

Vince has more opportunities in the IFBB plain and simple, the PDI has yet to see the light of day.

How about giving the athletes an OPPRTUNITY to make a living by letting them compete in both IFBB and PDI. You are the athletes rep, right Mr. Chic?

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #152 on: July 17, 2006, 10:15:39 AM »

On a side note, if Vince Taylor did have a contract with the PDI, then that is a problem. But the question is - did he or did he not sign, and is it an iron clad contract, and does the PDI care?

I guess we'll all have to see what ramifications come out of this.

As an FYI Bodybuilding.com is where I learned of Vince signing a contract...

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/pr34.htm

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #153 on: July 17, 2006, 10:23:03 AM »
How about giving the athletes an OPPRTUNITY to make a living by letting them compete in both IFBB and PDI. You are the athletes rep, right Mr. Chic?

Why on Gods green earth, would the IFBB let their athletes compete in a RIVAL federation????

As Ron and I have REPEATEDLY pointed out...there would be no advantage to the IFBB...only to the rival federations. The athletes know this and are under no obligation to sign with the IFBB...they can chose to compete anywhere they wish. If they believe going elsewhere will give them better opportunities, then so be it.

Guys are having a tough enough time making ends meet in ONE federation....you think 2 watered down federations have a BETTER chance? There are guys in the IFBB that don't have contracts...you think all of a sudden there are DIFFERENT supplement companies that don't know these guys exist?

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #154 on: July 17, 2006, 10:27:14 AM »
I didn't make the rules ... they were put in place in the 1940's.

actually the early 1970s.  in the 1950s the IFBB was just Joe and Ben, and they were complaining about the AAU's policy of limiting where athletes could compete.  they were arguing that anyone should be able to compete anywhere. 

But that changed as the IFBB became established.  Sergio was the first to be banned by Ben for entering the 1971 NABBA Pro Universe.

Despite the attempts at revisionist history, the IFBB took 16 years to become successful.   In 1948, under the IFBB banner, Ben and Joe held 2 contests.  In 1949, they held 3.  (Ben did promote the Mr Canada contests, but there is no evidence he used the IFBB name for those events until later).  In 1950, they held 2.  In 1951, zero.  In 1952, one.  Then nothing until 1959.   Then it wasn't until 1964 that the amateur branch and pro branches of the IFBB became established, with an international congress and such.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #155 on: July 17, 2006, 10:32:49 AM »
Bob, bottom line IMO, is that your role is cloudy at best.

You're too much politician and not enough working man's man.

You rub elbows with Manion, speak on behalf of the IFBB, attempt to justify selectively enforced rules, etc.

Regardless of how the PDI turns out, it's my opinion that a TRUE athletes rep would welcome new opportunities for athletes to earn money, even if they do bump heads with existing IFBB rules.  Rules can be changed if one of the parties demands it.

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #156 on: July 17, 2006, 10:36:22 AM »
Why on Gods green earth, would the IFBB let their athletes compete in a RIVAL federation????

As Ron and I have REPEATEDLY pointed out...there would be no advantage to the IFBB...only to the rival federations.

I thought your role was to protect the athletes, why all the federation talk ?
L

JeanPaul

• Getbig II
« Reply #157 on: July 17, 2006, 10:36:57 AM »
If athletes want to compete in any organization that should be able to. It's their decision. You know how much money it takes to get ready for a show and iff the athlete wants to compete in PDI he should be able to. It's called freedom. You are set because you cant compete with the big boys but IFBB is paying you enough to go on boards and be their voice. Basically they making you doing all their dirty work. If they suspend Lee, they will just send him a letter, but you are the one who is doing all the talking. So you not helping you fellow IFBB Pro but you helping IFBB.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #158 on: July 17, 2006, 10:50:35 AM »
Bob, bottom line IMO, is that your role is cloudy at best.

You're too much politician and not enough working man's man.

You rub elbows with Manion, speak on behalf of the IFBB, attempt to justify selectively enforced rules, etc.

Regardless of how the PDI turns out, it's my opinion that a TRUE athletes rep would welcome new opportunities for athletes to earn money, even if they do bump heads with existing IFBB rules.  Rules can be changed if one of the parties demands it.

1. No one cares about YOUR opinion

2. I'm the IFBB Athletes rep, and thus welcome and create all kinds of opportunities for IFBB athletes...not every athlete in evey federation.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #159 on: July 17, 2006, 10:53:19 AM »

2. I'm the IFBB Athletes rep, and thus welcome and create all kinds of opportunities for IFBB athletes...not every athlete in evey federation.

1.  That's your opinion.

2.  Correct.  Lee Priest is an IFBB Athlete.  The PDi is an opportunity for him to earn money on a weekend when the IFBB is not holding any shows.  Why not "welcome" this "opportunity for an IFBB athlete" ?

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
« Reply #160 on: July 17, 2006, 10:59:56 AM »
1.  That's your opinion.

Well, that's your opinion!

???

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #161 on: July 17, 2006, 11:00:31 AM »
...because it's a clear infraction of the rules, and he will be suspended. I don't want to see Lee suspended...I want to see him on the Olympia stage with the bst in the world, where he stands to make $30K-75K...not $15K beating a bunch of guys that have no business standing on stage with him...

Glad your not his manager...

gatrainer

• Getbig III
« Reply #162 on: July 17, 2006, 11:03:44 AM »

The fact that you respond to his posts gives him more credibiity and demonstrates that you care about the things he says.....or either your as fvcking bored as I am.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #163 on: July 17, 2006, 11:03:57 AM »
Does anyone else think 240's gone even farther off the deep end recently? He seems to be a little bit more desperate recently. Perhaps hitching himself to the PDI wasn't such a good thing. When it inevitably fails those that screamed the loudest that it was going to succeed are going to look the worst.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #164 on: July 17, 2006, 11:05:58 AM »
The fact that you respond to his posts gives him more credibiity and demonstrates that you care about the things he says.....or either your as fvcking bored as I am.

Just wasting a few minutes before I go to the gym...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #165 on: July 17, 2006, 11:08:44 AM »
...because it's a clear infraction of the rules, and he will be suspended. I don't want to see Lee suspended...I want to see him on the Olympia stage with the bst in the world, where he stands to make $30K-75K...not $15K beating a bunch of guys that have no business standing on stage with him...

Glad your not his manager...

Well, seeing as you had 4 people show up for your last athletes meeting, i can see what kind of faith the athletes have in you.

You say "instead", meaning that it's an either/or situation.  What many here are saying is, why can't it be BOTH?   Why can't you put in a petition to change the IFBB rules to allow athletes to compete on days when there are no IFBB shows?  

Instead of arguing about the rule, Bob, why aren't you lobbying to change it?

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #166 on: July 17, 2006, 11:09:38 AM »
I was with Wayne yesterday.....he says thank you for all the free publicity
ANIMAL

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #167 on: July 17, 2006, 11:10:57 AM »
**Why on Gods green earth, would the IFBB let their athletes compete in a RIVAL federation?**

Since when are bodybuilders athletes? The IFBB doesn't own those who compete. I strongly resent the control tactics that the IFBB use over those who want to compete in their contests. In my opinion bodybuilders should be able to compete in any contests as long as they join up and pay the required fees. All this contract stuff is pathetic. No wonder contests seem to be controversial every year. I have seen the way bodybuilders have been manipulated over the years. No wonder most end up rather meek and disillusioned. The IFBB has never respected bodybuilders as people nor treated them right. That IFBB meeting you posted is illuminating. I am hardly impressed. Where are the bodybuilders in the executive positions? The whole organization seems like a club. You belong and obey or get the boot.

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
« Reply #168 on: July 17, 2006, 11:11:16 AM »

Can you ask him when his shining galleon of a new federation will have a for-pay e-mail address?

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #169 on: July 17, 2006, 11:11:27 AM »

Not all publicity is good, Vinny...

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #170 on: July 17, 2006, 11:14:06 AM »
Well, seeing as you had 4 people show up for your last athletes meeting, i can see what kind of faith the athletes have in you.

You say "instead", meaning that it's an either/or situation.  What many here are saying is, why can't it be BOTH?   Why can't you put in a petition to change the IFBB rules to allow athletes to compete on days when there are no IFBB shows? 

Instead of arguing about the rule, Bob, why aren't you lobbying to change it?

Because no athlete other than Lee has expressed an interest in changing it...ZERO.

If the IFBB athletes vote to try and change the ruling,I'll be more than happy to submit it.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #171 on: July 17, 2006, 11:18:17 AM »
Because no athlete other than Lee has expressed an interest in changing it...ZERO.

If the IFBB athletes vote to try and change the ruling,I'll be more than happy to submit it.

this is progress!

ok, it's a safe assumption that most IFBB guys would at least be somewhat open-minded to more chances to earn money.

Also, let's assume that some IFBB guys are nervous about voting on such a measure for fear of being blackballed by the IFBB. 

Bob, since these are both reasonable assumptions that can be reached thru rational examination of the situation - would you be willing to submit such a request to the IFBB?

swilkins1984

• Getbig IV
« Reply #172 on: July 17, 2006, 11:23:55 AM »

I see your point on this Bob.  Why do a contest and win the 15K hitting my peak and show up at the Olympia after losing that condition peak and miss out on the $30K-75K that could be earned?  I do however think the NOC is good for the athletes that get no reward at the Olympia as a second option if the rules permitted it.

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #173 on: July 17, 2006, 11:30:49 AM »
240 - No offense bro but Bob has a better idea of what the athletes want then you do.

The thing that many IFBB pros would like to see changed is the ability to work shows/expos/seminars outside of NPC/IFBB sanctioned events. This makes sense to do as they would make more money and it helps further the NPC & IFBB to others. Many competitors come over to the NPC/IFBB to gain more exposure and get publicity not the other way around. There are countless female competitors who leave Ms. Fitness/Fitness America to join the NPC/IFBB for that very reason.

Aside from Lee you'll be hard pressed to get many current IFBB pros to say they want to compete in two organizations.
Elevate Your Image.™

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #174 on: July 17, 2006, 11:44:43 AM »
240 - No offense bro but Bob has a better idea of what the athletes want then you do.

The thing that many IFBB pros would like to see changed is the ability to work shows/expos/seminars outside of NPC/IFBB sanctioned events. This makes sense to do as they would make more money and it helps further the NPC & IFBB to others. Many competitors come over to the NPC/IFBB to gain more exposure and get publicity not the other way around. There are countless female competitors who leave Ms. Fitness/Fitness America to join the NPC/IFBB for that very reason.

Aside from Lee you'll be hard pressed to get many current IFBB pros to say they want to compete in two organizations.

None of them will SAY it.  But if a memo went out, announcing it was A-OK for IFBB guys to do the NOC and pick up some change, I betcha quite a few would swoop in for some prize money and a chance to shine in NYC.

To suggest it, they'd have to go to Chic.  Does every athlete believe it will go no further?  I'm sure Bob would suggest it'd go no further.  But the reality is, some athletes might believe it would leak.

Lift I agree with ya, on the working outside the IFBB also.  I just think the PDI is another way to do this.  And their BBing stages are going to look so different, it's almost more market segmentation than direct competition.