Author Topic: Vince Taylor out of the PDI & into the Olympia  (Read 178144 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Vince Taylor out of the PDI & into the Olympia
« Reply #525 on: July 25, 2006, 07:03:53 PM »
You're talking out of your ass as usual...

You telling me if 30 IFBB pro bodybuilders wanted to compete in both, and made it known to me to present it at the next BOG meeting, I wouldn't do it?

Hell give me 20....10....make it 2 at this point. Why would I care if the guys wanted to compete in both?

Try answering the questions I asked.

Why TWO and not one?

Bob, why would you do it for two athletes, but not for the one who is asking for it, Lee Priest?

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #526 on: July 25, 2006, 07:06:22 PM »
I think Wayne should use some initiative, replace Vince Taylor in the lineup with Vince Goodrum and hope no one notices!
Ron: "I am lazy."

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #527 on: July 25, 2006, 07:07:30 PM »
I think Wayne should use some initiative, replace Vince Taylor in the lineup with Vince Goodrum and hope no one notices!

Why would anyone notice?

JMentis

• Pros
  • Getbig III
« Reply #528 on: July 25, 2006, 07:07:57 PM »
Hey guys....why don't you all take one step back from this whole Vince Taylor/PDI thing.
The thing is I happened to be one of the first to know that there seemed to be a problem with Vince doing the NOC. I speak to Vince almost everyday and he mentioned to me that he has much respect for Wayne but he is not delivering what he promised so far and that Vince needs to look out for himself and his family. I have to say that he mentioned a few things about this whole ordeal and well....he might have a case here. There are certain clauses in the NOC contract that Wayne has allegedly breached on himself along with a few other things..so..let's just all relax. No one is here to hurt anyone. I'm sure Vince would come one here very soon and clear this up.

Peace.

JM

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #529 on: July 25, 2006, 07:10:03 PM »
I'm obviously being facetious (obvious to everyone but you), about 2 people.

I can't submit items for consideration based on the fact that only 1 person has expressed an interest...that doesn't reflect the IFBB pro's as a group. I have a meeting that will be on the Olympia weekend for the athlete's...they can elect to vote on a proposal to be submitted if they want, I'll be more than happy to put it on the agenda.

If Lee believes he can get enough support, or all these guys that are interested as you think there are...it should be no problem.

I'm not going to submit 56 different proposals for everyone that wants something for THEMSELVES.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #530 on: July 25, 2006, 07:36:46 PM »
I'm not going to submit 56 different proposals for everyone that wants something for THEMSELVES.

Oh come on, Chick, even YOU should be able to see this is about more than just Lee.  ::)   Wouldn't you say the right to compete in multiple federations is something that benefits ALL the athletes, present and future?

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #531 on: July 25, 2006, 07:43:49 PM »
It doesn't necessarily benefit ALL the athletes or EITHER federation for that matter.

As it's been pointed out numerous times now...what's possible, is that the SAME athletes win the money, and BOTH federations end up watered down with less talent in each.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #532 on: July 25, 2006, 07:48:24 PM »

I can't submit items for consideration based on the fact that only 1 person has expressed an interest...that doesn't reflect the IFBB pro's as a group. I have a meeting that will be on the Olympia weekend for the athlete's...they can elect to vote on a proposal to be submitted if they want, I'll be more than happy to put it on the agenda.

If Lee believes he can get enough support, or all these guys that are interested as you think there are...it should be no problem.

Hey, if you feel you're representing the views of every athlete to the best of your abilities, that is how you feel.  

To me, the inconsistent numerical requirements are puzzling - but hey, what the hell.  

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #533 on: July 25, 2006, 07:53:52 PM »
There are no official numerical requirements...but for some reason , I don't believe 1 guy represents  or echo's the sentiments of 200 very well.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #534 on: July 25, 2006, 07:54:18 PM »
It doesn't necessarily benefit ALL the athletes or EITHER federation for that matter.

As it's been pointed out numerous times now...what's possible, is that the SAME athletes win the money, and BOTH federations end up watered down with less talent in each.

Is it your job to look out for the financial health of the various federations, or is your job to look out for the rights of the athletes, and make sure they're not infringed on by the powers-that-be?

Last I checked, your last name wasn't "Weider".

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #535 on: July 25, 2006, 07:54:59 PM »
Why TWO and not one?

Bob, why would you do it for two athletes, but not for the one who is asking for it, Lee Priest?

The IFBB would reject Chick if he submits something that only affects one person.

You feel that the threat of being blackballed or suspended is the reason why no IFBB pros except Priest is going to be there.  Simply put, no-one trust Wayne based on PAST EXPERIENCES .

As far as refunds are concerned, I don't think it'll change the number of people attending.  Inf fact, I can count them all on one hand.  Even you're not going to show up and support Wayne.

PDI was doomed from the beginning.  It has the advertising of a local NPC event.
A

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #536 on: July 25, 2006, 07:58:39 PM »
Hey, if you feel you're representing the views of every athlete to the best of your abilities, that is how you feel.  

To me, the inconsistent numerical requirements are puzzling - but hey, what the hell.  

shut the fuk up please,

chick why do you even respond to this idiot, hes not going to stop talking out his ass

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #537 on: July 25, 2006, 07:59:08 PM »

The IFBB would reject Chick if he submits something that only affects one person.

It seems to me it has the potential to affect a lot more than that.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #538 on: July 25, 2006, 07:59:44 PM »
Is it your job to look out for the financial health of the various federations, or is your job to look out for the rights of the athletes, and make sure they're not infringed on by the powers-that-be?

Last I checked, your last name wasn't "Weider".

No, it's my job to look out for the athletes in the IFBB...as I pointed out, this is something that could affect them...and NOT for the better.

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #539 on: July 25, 2006, 07:59:55 PM »
PDI is a freaking joke

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #540 on: July 25, 2006, 08:00:08 PM »
chick why do you even respond to this idiot, hes not going to stop talking out his ass

Because he's saying what a LOT of people are thinking.

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #541 on: July 25, 2006, 08:02:07 PM »

Because he's saying what a LOT of people are thinking.

either you are 240 or his boyfriend, nobody gives a shit about the PDI

get real dude

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #542 on: July 25, 2006, 08:04:24 PM »
either you are 240 or his boyfriend, nobody gives a shit about the PDI

get real dude

It's not about the PDI... it's about the IFBB constantly screwing these guys.  They don't even pay them, yet they think they have the right to regulate every aspect of their lives. It's bullshit.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #543 on: July 25, 2006, 08:04:59 PM »
No, it's my job to look out for the athletes in the IFBB...as I pointed out, this is something that could affect them...and NOT for the better.

I feel silly for arguing all this.  It's painfully obvious.

If the IFBB guys can earn ONE MORE DOLLAR through the existence of the PDI, it's good for them.

Their rep would want them to have as many opportunities as possible.  If the NOC pays $1 in prize money, the IFBB atheltes rep should fight for their right to compete, even if NONE of them come forward for fear of retribution.  

And none of that "maybe after a show or two", or "51% of athletes must submit in writing...".  If they can earn more money, the athletes rep should petition it!

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #544 on: July 25, 2006, 08:06:46 PM »

It's not about the PDI... it's about the IFBB constantly screwing these guys.  They don't even pay them, yet they think they have the right to regulate every aspect of their lives. It's bullshit.

like you give a shit about them, you think bodybuildingis gay

remember that post you made awhile ago

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #545 on: July 25, 2006, 08:08:24 PM »
I feel silly for arguing all this.  It's painfully obvious.

If the IFBB guys can earn ONE MORE DOLLAR through the existence of the PDI, it's good for them.

Their rep would want them to have as many opportunities as possible.  If the NOC pays $1 in prize money, the IFBB atheltes rep should fight for their right to compete, even if NONE of them come forward for fear of retribution. 

And none of that "maybe after a show or two", or "51% of athletes must submit in writing...".  If they can earn more money, the athletes rep should petition it!

Hmmmmm....Let me see...$1 purse vs $5-7,000 in prep costs...

get the point?

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
« Reply #546 on: July 25, 2006, 08:11:50 PM »
he has much respect for Wayne but he is not delivering what he promised so far

Imagine that.  :)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #547 on: July 25, 2006, 08:15:10 PM »
Hmmmmm....Let me see...$1 purse vs $5-7,000 in prep costs...

get the point?

that arugment is rendered irrelevant by the very fact that most IFBB guys do take a loss when competing.  There are an average of what, 20 men per contest, and the top 6 are in the money, unless its an invitational?    Only the top 3 break even unless its the O or the ASC. 

Have you submitted legislation demanding every athlete receive at least 5000-7500 for competing in every IFBB show?

JMentis

• Pros
  • Getbig III
« Reply #548 on: July 25, 2006, 08:16:03 PM »
I feel silly for arguing all this.  It's painfully obvious.

Their rep would want them to have as many opportunities as possible.  If the NOC pays $1 in prize money, the IFBB atheltes rep should fight for their right to compete, even if NONE of them come forward for fear of retribution.  

And none of that "maybe after a show or two", or "51% of athletes must submit in writing...".  If they can earn more money, the athletes rep should petition it!

Maybe the "quick fix" for a $1 is not such a great idea at the end of the day for the athletes. Everyone has to look ahead not just the today.

I personally thought Wayne would have created more PR about the NOC and I don't mean PR as in Getbig or internet "radio" shows. I mean marketing dollars like he used to. He knows how do to it and he has done it for years ...spending the dollars..maybe that's what's missing...the support. I do believe if Wayne makes it past this year with 3 shows the PDI will be a strong force withn 3 years...every beginning has it's problems.

JM

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #549 on: July 25, 2006, 08:19:03 PM »
that arugment is rendered irrelevant by the very fact that most IFBB guys do take a loss when competing.  There are an average of what, 20 men per contest, and the top 6 are in the money, unless its an invitational?    Only the top 3 break even unless its the O or the ASC. 

Have you submitted legislation demanding every athlete receive at least 5000-7500 for competing in every IFBB show?

it's rendered irrelevant by the very fact were talking about being allowed to compete in an organization that has yet to exist...