Author Topic: Why raise money for O.C hospital???  (Read 4036 times)

mame09

• Getbig III
  • its simple if it jiggles its fat
Why raise money for O.C hospital???
« on: July 16, 2006, 06:15:05 PM »
correct me if im wrong but isnt orange county a rich area (from what i can tell from the show O.C)

why not raise money for a hospital where people really need it like somewhere poor?

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
Re: why raise money for O.C hospital
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2006, 06:17:43 PM »
Z

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2006, 06:46:13 PM »
OC Hospital is a worthy recipient. They do not turn away anyone for lack of ability to pay. You can generalize and say Orange County is wealthy, but there are poor people everywhere...and you don't have to live in OC to be treated at the hospital. Hope that helps.

Special "Benefactory" Ed
BigNationRadio.com

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2006, 07:34:19 PM »
Arent the poor people your talking about, illegal immigrants. I have heard that the illegals are bankrupting the hospitals in California. Maybe the hospitals should ask Mexico for some  money to help fund their Emergency Rooms.

Shawn Ray

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • Digital Muscle Media
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2006, 09:41:34 PM »
It just so happens, "I" decided to do a Fundraiser and organize it by way of Phone calls, Emails, Faxes, Etc.. for our Industry to give something back.
I happen to live in the OC and know people who are thankful for what this hospital represents.
I encourage everyone out there to try and do something in your own community where you live. Getting proper care for Children isn't restricted to Zip Codes and Finances when they can't afford health Care.
In the end, this is something anyone can do, i certainly had no experience with Fundraising for Charity or Golf yet in 2 year these Kids have received $55,000.00 by way of our BBing, Fitness & Figure Industries by way of making a thought into an Action!
Less talking and more doing, the Kids are the ones who benefit not the County.
Peace,
S

airrick

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Treat others the way you want to be treated.
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2006, 10:06:07 PM »
It just so happens, "I" decided to do a Fundraiser and organize it by way of Phone calls, Emails, Faxes, Etc.. for our Industry to give something back.
I happne to live in the OC and know people who are thankful for what this hospital represents.
I encourage everyone out there to try and do something in your own community where you live. Getting proper care for Children isn't restricted to Zip Codes and Finances when they can't afford health Care.
In the end, this is something anyone can do, i certainly had no experience with Fundraising for Charity or Golf yet in 2 year these Kids have received $55,000.00 by way of our BBing, Fitness & Figure Industries by way of making a thought into an Action!
Less talking and more doing, the Kids are the ones who benefit not the County.
Peace,
S
Something I always wanna do whenever I settle down, SR!  I went back to school to pursue in the health care field and so far being in the hospital where I am at, it's very comforting to know people out there are recognizing what we see when we treat these sick kids, they are the future and next generation to run our country!

FYI, I was a victim of a gunshot wound when I was 19 and almost lost my life and it was the hospital I was at that I wanna give back to.  The team effort by the health care people that night I got shot made me realized that one wrong procedure they make, I wouldn't be alive at all.

Peace out SR I'm actually going to CHOC monday morning at 10a for a tour!

benchthis

• Getbig V
  • operation deep throat
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2006, 10:43:44 PM »
theres poor people everywhere and everyone needs help no matter where there from or what they do denying someone help is a horrible thing to do

Mydavid

• Getbig V
  • thankd dweetir :)
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2006, 01:20:12 AM »
Which hospital(s)? And where you in OC?

The hospital is called Children's Hospital of Orange County (CHOC)...as for where Shawn lives in Orange County, I'm not sure, nor do i care (and you shouldn't either). Yes, the OC looks rich, but it covers a huge area and lots of that is far from rich...i could start rattling off cities, but i know you wouldn't care. The hospital is a great known one and there are many different Fundraisers and activities that go on there...a restaurant i worked for for years used to be one of the main sponsors for a "walk" that still goes on yearly.
Sorry for the rant, just thought I'd share.

Lisa

PS. Way to go Shawn!!!!

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2006, 09:39:25 AM »
Just curious...I live in Aliso Viejo -- where Billy Carp and his gf lived -- and we met (just once  :( ) at the gym. 'twas cool. So I'd know the cities...

Jay Cutler also lived there .................(for a lil while )

Shawn Ray

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • Digital Muscle Media
Re: Why raise money for O.C hospital???
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2006, 09:52:49 AM »
I live in North Orange County 10 mins from Disney Land and the Anaheim Stadium home of the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim :'(

leycus 101

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2006, 10:01:27 AM »
ive lived in orange county all my life.... There are many people here that are considered middle class, and people that are poor.... either way hospital bills and costs can generate into the hundreds of thousands, and im sure millions depending on there seriousness of the illness. shit, to have a baby it costs around $10,000 in hospital costs alone.... These kids deserve the  world, i wish children never had to endure the pain and suffering that cancer brings...
pump'em dump'em

250Ben250

• Getbig III
  • skinman approved.
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2006, 11:53:24 AM »
Arent the poor people your talking about, illegal immigrants. I have heard that the illegals are bankrupting the hospitals in California. Maybe the hospitals should ask Mexico for some  money to help fund their Emergency Rooms.

This is VERY true and there is actually a hospital in the Dallas area where I live that is suing Mexico (government I think), for something like $50 million because of this kind of drain. Its probably more for show than anything else, but I think its a good start.  There are many hospitals that have been operating in the red the last couple years because of problems like this.

PS - I have an MD friend saw a 29 year old Mexican patient last week that was on her 9th pregnancy, not including 2 other abortions. That's roughly $30K-$40K that the hospital won't see a dime of because of shit like this.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2006, 02:29:40 PM »

PS - I have an MD friend saw a 29 year old Mexican patient last week that was on her 9th pregnancy, not including 2 other abortions. That's roughly $30K-$40K that the hospital won't see a dime of because of shit like this.
Very true, one of the hospitals is the Veterans one? Can't remember the name but you go and see all the americans waiting and all the mexicans getting free healthcare, once you actually see this and then see the people that fought for your country in pain with illness, medical bills .... you get pissed.

One of the main reasons for disease spreading bacterial infections tha were first caused by unsaintary conditions was through mexicans coming over the the US undocumented and in large numbers in the hospitals and spreading staph,even doctors will admit this. Then they get pregnant in large large numbers and get citizenship, then welfare

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2006, 02:32:33 PM »
Also HIV/AIDS is spreading faster with illegals migrating between the mexican and US border 63% of mexicans have HIV and dont know....also they are the main spreaders of TB ::)

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2006, 02:36:47 PM »
Also HIV/AIDS is spreading faster with illegals migrating between the mexican and US border 63% of mexicans have HIV and dont know....also they are the main spreaders of TB ::)

Do you mean that 63% of Mexicans who have HIV don't know, or that 63% of Mexicans have HIV?  Big difference in who I'm going to let mow my grass or detail my car this summer.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2006, 02:42:06 PM »
63% who have it are not aware.

Not long ago a new strand of TB was mutated and coming over the border "basic" conditions mutate from foreigners, so when you catch a cold or get sick now and even more so in the future it is more resistant to medication and hits you harder and for longer periods of time.

Make sure to get a check up when you plan on leaving the country AND when you come back, things are getting ALOT worse

airrick

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2006, 03:23:16 PM »
I just visited CHOC this morning and man, visiting sick kids always makes me realize how much we take alot of things for granted, such as the good life we got!  these kids live in such pain we don't ever wanna endure!

leycus 101

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2006, 03:34:04 PM »
I just visited CHOC this morning and man, visiting sick kids always makes me realize how much we take alot of things for granted, such as the good life we got!  these kids live in such pain we don't ever wanna endure!

do u live in oc?
pump'em dump'em

airrick

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2006, 03:37:39 PM »
in pasadena, but i wanna do my internship there in CHOC!

leycus 101

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2006, 03:43:14 PM »
cool cool.. its a great hospital, ive been wanting to volunteer there....
pump'em dump'em

250Ben250

• Getbig III
  • skinman approved.
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2006, 08:35:20 PM »
Very true, one of the hospitals is the Veterans one? Can't remember the name but you go and see all the americans waiting and all the mexicans getting free healthcare, once you actually see this and then see the people that fought for your country in pain with illness, medical bills .... you get pissed.

One of the main reasons for disease spreading bacterial infections tha were first caused by unsaintary conditions was through mexicans coming over the the US undocumented and in large numbers in the hospitals and spreading staph,even doctors will admit this. Then they get pregnant in large large numbers and get citizenship, then welfare

He is at a county hospital in Houston actually,but I'm sure the VA hospitals have similar problems.

The hospital here that is suing is also the county hospital, they usually are the ones that get shite on as it is, but having to put up with the Mexican problem over the past few years made it that much worse

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2006, 08:45:07 PM »
Well at least its not a charity like the Homeless Shelter of Beverly Hills or somethign like that. 

airrick

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2006, 11:09:25 PM »
Here's some mooches for you: http://www.fuckedsuit.com/idx.php/0/262/0/article/Mooching-It-Up.html

They've got 10 kids...100% state supported, and are suing the state because the plumbing in the home the state gave them leaked all over their bedding and apparently ruined it. heh.  ::)

...oh, and that's in the UK...I only say that because I've seen so many Europeans moan about how greedy and lazy Americans are...not this time!

OMG!!!!  I cant believe what i read!!!!

Bast175

« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2006, 11:13:17 PM »
I asked the same thing before.    Hey let's donate money to Beverly Hills residents.  ???  :-\

Tori Spelling could use another guest house.

NYC Rex

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2006, 11:26:06 PM »
It's a big county with 3 million people.  Some are rich.  Most are middle class.  A lot are poor.  This is from the last census:

The median income for a household in the county is $58,820, and the per capita income for the county is $25,826. About 7.0% of families and 10.3% of the population are below the poverty line.