Author Topic: Mike Womack sets new record!  (Read 5381 times)

LiftBig

• Getbig III
  • POWERLIFTING...Lift heavy or go home
Mike Womack sets new record!
« on: July 16, 2006, 07:55:45 PM »
I just got back from the WABDL meet in Portland OR. Mike Womack hit a 871 in a single ply titan F6. He now has the highest bench in a single ply shirt in any federation.

The crazy part of his lifting is this, he can touch 135 to a one board in the same shirt that he hit a 871.
It's good to be strong...

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
Re: Mike Womack sets new record!
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2006, 08:37:44 PM »
that's nuts!

Do you foersee anyone matching or beating him? I bet Kennelly could

LiftBig

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2006, 08:44:25 PM »
that's nuts!

Do you foersee anyone matching or beating him? I bet Kennelly could

Actually Kennelly was there and he had nothing but questions for Mike. And to be honest, Kennelly has not done shit in over a year. Everybody is passing his ass up. Meeker, Womack, Mendelson just to name a few. The problem is that everybody in his camp is kissing his ass. There are only a couple of guys that Kennelly trains with that are willing to tell him like it is. Womack's lift should be a wake up call.

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2006, 01:02:46 AM »
Actually Kennelly was there and he had nothing but questions for Mike. And to be honest, Kennelly has not done shit in over a year. Everybody is passing his ass up. Meeker, Womack, Mendelson just to name a few. The problem is that everybody in his camp is kissing his ass. There are only a couple of guys that Kennelly trains with that are willing to tell him like it is. Womack's lift should be a wake up call.

The guy can bench 600 for reps. I have a hard time believing many people are "passing him up".
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

LiftBig

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2006, 05:58:20 AM »
So..he can bench 600 for reps...What has he done in a meet lately? Its not that the no names are passing him up but all the big names are. Kennelly has been going about his training half ass lately and it shows. He needs to step up and bring some big numbers to the table again.
Dont get me wrong, I dont want to take away anything Kennelly has done in the past, but hell Wolfy is about to pass his ass up!

brock125

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2006, 09:16:58 AM »
I really don't know much about bench shirts but how much can one get out of a single ply? Isn't single ply the weakest kind of shirt? If so wouldn't his raw bench be at like 700 unless hes getting 100 plus out of his shirt.

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2006, 10:17:23 AM »
No, single ply gear can add a LOT of weight to your bench and squat. Some of these guys are obviously getting 150-200 lb from their single ply shirts/suits.
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

bigbadwolfe

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Bigger Stronger Fatter then you!!!!
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2006, 06:15:24 PM »
Mike Womack is a shirt master, I have been following him for the last yr or so cause we have been kind of bouncing back and forth in the same area on the top 10 list. But he just took a HUGE leap forward with this.

I was reading on another forum where they said he only raw benches 315, but then another guy said it was more like mid 400's. Still mid 4's and doing 871 in a single ply shirt makes Mike hands down the best shirt tech ever!!!!

CONGRATS MIKE WOMACK, but keep looking behind you because the other Mike W is biting at your heals :)

Wolfy!!!!

bigbadwolfe

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2006, 06:19:13 PM »
Hey Liftbig,

You make me sound like I'm chopped liver ;D

(but hell Wolfy is about to pass his ass up)

LiftBig

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2006, 06:20:27 PM »
Hey Liftbig,

You make me sound like I'm chopped liver ;D

(but hell Wolfy is about to pass his ass up)

LOL...it was more of a shout out to ya!  Besides, we are talking about passing Kennelly up...that is a hell of a feat!

hangclean

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2006, 10:18:47 AM »
I just got back from the WABDL meet in Portland OR. Mike Womack hit a 871 in a single ply titan F6. He now has the highest bench in a single ply shirt in any federation.

The crazy part of his lifting is this, he can touch 135 to a one board in the same shirt that he hit a 871.

I thought he was using the Katana?  The craziest thing about this is that he did the meet I was at the week before in Sacramento.  He hit 850 or so.  Mike is a really good guy and I hate the fact that people talk shit about him saying he cant do shit without a shirt.

bigbadwolfe

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2006, 12:29:33 PM »
I was in no way saying anything bad agianst Mike, He is a SHIRT MASTER!!!! Hands down!!! Blows my mind!

Wolfy!!!!

hangclean

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2006, 01:08:04 PM »
I was in no way saying anything bad agianst Mike, He is a SHIRT MASTER!!!! Hands down!!! Blows my mind!

Wolfy!!!!
I wasnt talking about you Mike.  There is a thread on Diablo Barbells forum where someone said he looks like 400 pounds of chewed up bubblegum and other nice things.

bigbadwolfe

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2006, 05:10:57 PM »
Oh Ok sorry, I never judge peeps by what I see or read now if i meet someone or they come on here blowing off at me that is another story. Mike seems like a very good guy, and people are just jealous that he is doing what he is doing. I myself am jealous but i'm gonna hit the gym not the keyboard :)

LiftBig

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2006, 05:57:19 PM »
Mike is just like all the other big names that show up at meets.  He is very helpful with gear questions and he will even help ya put your shit on if ya ask him. Ask about training, and he tells ya what he does. I have only met one big name that was an ass and he is still an ass to this day. Now Mike Womack......he is class act all the way. I hope to see bigger numbers from him!

LiftBig

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2006, 05:58:26 PM »
I thought he was using the Katana?  The craziest thing about this is that he did the meet I was at the week before in Sacramento.  He hit 850 or so.  Mike is a really good guy and I hate the fact that people talk shit about him saying he cant do shit without a shirt.

I am almost 100% sure he was in an F6. He said that he trains in the Katana but is not ready to compete with it yet.

LiftBig

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2006, 06:00:32 PM »
I wasnt talking about you Mike.  There is a thread on Diablo Barbells forum where someone said he looks like 400 pounds of chewed up bubblegum and other nice things.

I started a thread on this topic over on BB.com in the powerlifting section and it has turned into a raw vs shirted flame. They also took a few pot shots at Mike too...but hey, what can you expect from a bunch of e-punks.

Joe Roark

• Expert
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2006, 07:24:00 PM »
Mike Womack is a shirt master, I have been following him for the last yr or so cause we have been kind of bouncing back and forth in the same area on the top 10 list. But he just took a HUGE leap forward with this.

I was reading on another forum where they said he only raw benches 315, but then another guy said it was more like mid 400's. Still mid 4's and doing 871 in a single ply shirt makes Mike hands down the best shirt tech ever!!!!

CONGRATS MIKE WOMACK, but keep looking behind you because the other Mike W is biting at your heals :)

Wolfy!!!!

If the numbers you offer are accurate, is this the first instance of someone getting 100% more out of a shirt than he can do raw? (435/871?). Is this possible?

LiftBig

• Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2006, 08:34:42 PM »
If the numbers you offer are accurate, is this the first instance of someone getting 100% more out of a shirt than he can do raw? (435/871?). Is this possible?

This is assumeing that Womack is truthful about his raw max. Who knows?

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2006, 03:46:44 AM »

A friend of mine recently tried the Katana and stopped with 800 lbs a few inches short of his chest, couldn't get it down. And was able to press it.

I wouldn't be surprised if Kenta Sandvik gets 850 lbs+ with the Katana in one of the upcoming meets.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2006, 07:21:19 PM »
The biggest bench on the river was last month in Louisiana and Jesse Kellum BP 800lb @ 211BW.  This  dude is really bad ass.

bicepsforyou

• Getbig II
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2006, 09:38:31 PM »
Go mike   :o
"Mystery Is Life"