Author Topic: Congrats Wolfy  (Read 3201 times)

lilbigDawg

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Congrats Wolfy
« on: July 17, 2006, 04:58:14 AM »
Great final lift Wolfy!!!
835! Awesome, man. Your reaction was priceless. "This is my house!"
I didnt hang around for the awards, did you get the ring?

For all you that missed it, the ASC World Gym APF Championships in Worthington, OH was a fanatastic meet. It had everything... World Records (2 of them, one from a 70 yr old lifter), (4) 800+ lifts and beautiful card girls. The one unfortunate incident was one bad injury but the guy is going to be ok (tore a pec and had the bar hit his neck).

Also, way to represent At Large Nutrition! 
Chris, I saw several people sporting At Large T-shirts. Where is mine!?

bigbadwolfe

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Bigger Stronger Fatter then you!!!!
Re: Congrats Wolfy
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2006, 05:42:50 PM »
Yeah it was a Rocky start 2 misses at 800, the bench shirts were super tight!!!! So I figured i would go out fighting, I called for 835 got it but once again fouled on my rack. I got a rack command but I was wobbly at the top and my left arm was heading into the rack before he said Rack. The side judge called me on it and the head judge came back and told me i was a kunt hair fast on the rack and he about called me on it. But 2 whites 1 red lift is good. I had the biggest bench of the day even though it was ugly.

But John Zemmin is the man, he did 830 at 275 that is incredible to me. WOW!!!! He is a 140 pounds lighter and benched 5 pounds less. He walked away with best lifter and the ring, but after that kind of lifting he desrved it!!!

As for the reaction afterwards, well I was a little excited from all the Westside guys beating the shitout of me before my lift. Jesus Christ they knocked my glasses off of me 3 times. But they got me jacked up :)

Wolfy!!!!!

LiftBig

• Getbig III
  • POWERLIFTING...Lift heavy or go home
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2006, 06:15:57 PM »
Congrats on the lift Mike! Whats the next goal and at what meet?

Who is this John Zemmin? Looks like he came out of no where and hit 830! That is some crazy weight for a 275 pounder.
It's good to be strong...

bigbadwolfe

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2006, 06:22:21 PM »
I think I'm gonna hit one more in 2 weeks then I'm done until the Arnold if I get invited. I started my diet today gona try and get down to low 300's (320ish) But I need to maintain as much muscle as possible.

John Zemmin is out of Detroit Barbell, he trains under Clay Brandenburg's watchful eye and this guy is a FUKKING Beast!!!! I was toally impressed with him!!!!!!

Wolfy!!!!!!

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2006, 06:40:28 PM »
awesome job Mike, fucking amazing.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

the choad

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • King Of All Meltdowns
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2006, 07:15:15 PM »
damn wolfy those At large nutrition products laced with Anapolan 50 are the shit... ;D

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2006, 07:16:52 PM »
good job bro! you are one impressive mofo!
E

bigbadwolfe

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2006, 07:20:36 PM »
damn wolfy those At large nutrition products laced with Anapolan 50 are the shit...

::)  ::)  ::) I could only wish they were   ::)  ::)  ::)

bigbadwolfe

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2006, 07:23:31 PM »
Thanks guys :) Like I said I got another one in a couple of weeks so I'll keep you posted.

Wolfy!!!

Vet

• Getbig IV
  • Immortal
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2006, 08:37:42 PM »
Great final lift Wolfy!!!
835! Awesome, man. Your reaction was priceless. "This is my house!"
I didnt hang around for the awards, did you get the ring?

For all you that missed it, the ASC World Gym APF Championships in Worthington, OH was a fanatastic meet. It had everything... World Records (2 of them, one from a 70 yr old lifter), (4) 800+ lifts and beautiful card girls. The one unfortunate incident was one bad injury but the guy is going to be ok (tore a pec and had the bar hit his neck).

Also, way to represent At Large Nutrition! 
Chris, I saw several people sporting At Large T-shirts. Where is mine!?

You know, it really stinks.  I wanted to go watch that meet, but work kept me out of the state this last weekend. 

JK

lilbigDawg

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2006, 05:06:35 AM »
Yeah it was a Rocky start 2 misses at 800, the bench shirts were super tight!!!!

You switched shirts after the first lift, have you done much work in the F6? I didnt see many people using them, they that much more difficult to get grooved?

Johns lift was impressive! But I think he got one red too...so no worries.

All the westside guys were funny, you must have had 10 around you on the prep for the last lift. Most of em seemed about a crazy as you did when the whites went up.

Good Job.

bigbadwolfe

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2006, 12:40:28 PM »
The f6 is a great shirt, butthe problem i ran into down there on Sunday was when I ordered the shirts I was 395, when I benched on Sunday I was 416. So the shirts were both SUPER tight. I had spent more time in the denim but really wanted to try the F6. Unfortuantely after one lift I knew i was lsot in it. I had only taken 2 lifts in it prior, 765 off a 2 board and 800 off a half board. So I switchedback to the denim which I have been in alot more then the F6 and it showed. The F6 is an awesome shirt and I plan on trying it again real soon(2 weeks) Just gotto open ALOT HEAVIER!!!!!  And yeah the Westside guys were all jacked!!!!