Author Topic: Special ops and gear use  (Read 7359 times)

Yev33

• Getbig III
Re: Special ops and gear use
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2006, 05:45:04 PM »
When it comes down to wrestling down some 300 dude on PCP, roids would come in very handy. 

That's exactly why cops have guns and nightsticks, and most importantly should not jump into a situation like that one on one. Anyone who does that is an adrenaline junkie trying to be a hero, another type of person you do not want on AAS.

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2006, 05:57:52 PM »
That's exactly why cops have guns and nightsticks, and most importantly should not jump into a situation like that one on one. Anyone who does that is an adrenaline junkie trying to be a hero, another type of person you do not want on AAS.
you cant always use your gun or your too close to use your nightstick and you have to fight unless you have tactical training/experience you will never understand how these things work so people like you get on the soapbox and give your opinion, I'm not talking shit just stating facts that until you have been there you have no idea and i will agree with you i trained a lot of people that had questionable personality's and i didn't understand why this person was allowed to carry a firearm its like they just got the job to say they were a hardass and those people are the assclowns of the system that you are referring to who do not need AAS

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2006, 06:14:33 PM »
I guess you don't know much about PCP.  You can shoot a guy on PCP and he will still come at you unless you kill him.  A night stick would do nothing and say for instance your partner gets shot or beat up by the guy on PCP, you might need that extra edge to take him down until back up arrives.  All I'm saying is think beyond the easy situations.  Many things come up on the streets the average person wouldn't even consider.  Most of the time, one guy will require four officers to get him down when he is resisting.
exactly thats why they switched from a 38 to a 45 when we were fighting certain south American country's and also why we are about to go from 9mm back to 45 you just cant kill these guys so you have to have something big enough to blow their head or heart out and as far as fighting them your not always going to strike gold with that train wreck ;)

Yev33

• Getbig III
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2006, 06:22:27 PM »
you cant always use your gun or your too close to use your nightstick and you have to fight unless you have tactical training/experience

I absolutely i agree with you, but these guys "DO" have tactical training/ expirience, my whole point is that thses guys come out prepared for these situations, especially the elite armed forces units, thats why these guys are so respected. And if you are natuarally so tiny that even after all the training you still don't feel comfortable in situations like that, go back to school and become an accountant.

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2006, 08:26:44 PM »
I absolutely i agree with you, but these guys "DO" have tactical training/ expirience, my whole point is that thses guys come out prepared for these situations, especially the elite armed forces units, thats why these guys are so respected. And if you are natuarally so tiny that even after all the training you still don't feel comfortable in situations like that, go back to school and become an accountant.
thats the problem we don't really teach fatal hand to hand combat we do more submission and stuff that will not win a fight to the death thats why i refuse to teach anything other than tactical driving and tactical firearms what i teach will save there life the fighting they teach pretty much insures your death unless you have the ability to overpower them

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2006, 03:13:20 PM »
thats the problem we don't really teach fatal hand to hand combat we do more submission and stuff that will not win a fight to the death thats why i refuse to teach anything other than tactical driving and tactical firearms what i teach will save there life the fighting they teach pretty much insures your death unless you have the ability to overpower them

true, but all training and tactics equal, i'd give the edge to the guy on gear

Sniffy 6-6

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
  • Bow to the Sniff
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2006, 03:15:26 PM »
Most Spec Ops guys are not big, it is a matter of the punishment their bodies takes from training and missions.

I dont know about that....

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2006, 03:26:55 PM »
Strength and size mean absolutely nothing on a battlefield. Audie Murphy was probably the greatest American soldier of all time, and he was a skinny 140 lb runt. Steroids wouldn't do a damned thing to make someone a better soldier.

I don't see why cops would need steroids either. How hard is it to "recover" from a long day of eating donuts in a parking lot?

first paragraph of what you said is right on. second paragraph should be right on but it's not,,many cops use hormones because they are also bodybuilders,,sounds weird but thats life. no cop that I know of, and i know MANY in the usa, will bust you for the use of hormones,,,what they bust you is on destribution,, and the use and/or distribution of narcs. the reason domestic supplier in the usa get busted by le is their louzy operation of ,in 99%, narcs.

hormones in some form are used by more than 50% of the american adult population if you ask me
fallen angel

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2006, 03:33:52 PM »
true, but all training and tactics equal, i'd give the edge to the guy on gear
i totally agree but as i already said some of these people are not mentally stable enough for gear and if you make a rule for someone you have to make it for everyone otherwise i completely agree with you

SuperNatural

• Getbig III
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2006, 05:04:10 PM »
The Nazis were some of the very first to experiment with anabolics.  They gave stormtroopers shots of Test to make them more aggresive in battle.

J.P. Says...

• Getbig II
  • The Dude Abides
« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2006, 05:09:38 PM »
Bottom line is, steroids make you more aggressive and recover faster - both very helpful traits for operators to have... not to mention the added benefits of strength.

kmhphoto

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2006, 05:32:38 PM »
i think we should mail each soldier an envelope full of glutamine.  that will help their recovery.

I'd suggest sending the US and UK governments over there and bring the soldiers back. Faced with the possibility of coming back in bodybags the politicians would find a solution to the problems both in Iraq and the Middle East withing minutes.

J.P. Says...

• Getbig II
  • The Dude Abides
« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2006, 05:52:20 PM »
Well I know many past and present operators and I'll stick to my guns on that one.

I'll drink to that!

Size don't jive so well with running, swimming, humping - and I don't mean that kind of humping either - actually yeah, that kind of humping too!

Sniffy 6-6

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
  • Bow to the Sniff
« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2006, 01:16:29 AM »
Well I know many past and present operators and I'll stick to my guns on that one.

As do I.  Im not saying that they're all huge, but Im saying its closer to 50/50. :)

J.P. Says...

• Getbig II
  • The Dude Abides
« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2006, 08:35:40 AM »
you're high...

we're not talking about regular infantry guys here - we're talking about the very few members of units like Force Recon, SEAL's, Special Forces, Delta, etc.

They don't come big - sure, every once in a while you get a big guy - but typically these fellas would have more of a "Men's Fitness" physique rather than that of a bodybuilder - and in reality, most of these guys look just like your average guy off the street...

...with the exception of the thousand yard stare!

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2006, 08:40:20 AM »
dont forget that steroids can be dangerous for your health!!!

once you become addicted to it, you pay the price
Get Big, or Die Trying

Sniffy 6-6

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
  • Bow to the Sniff
« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2006, 09:14:58 AM »
you're high...

we're not talking about regular infantry guys here - we're talking about the very few members of units like Force Recon, SEAL's, Special Forces, Delta, etc.

They don't come big - sure, every once in a while you get a big guy - but typically these fellas would have more of a "Men's Fitness" physique rather than that of a bodybuilder - and in reality, most of these guys look just like your average guy off the street...

...with the exception of the thousand yard stare!

You watch too many movies

buffbodz

• Getbig V
  • It's only a board
« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2006, 09:32:01 AM »
It should be treated like the gays in the military.  Don't ask, Don't tell.  If somebody is really abusing them, it will show and they should be taken off them.  If somebody's just doing a normal cycle to keep that edge, weather it be mental or physical, so be it and more power to US.
6 meals lift heavy and 1/2 hr cardio

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2006, 11:24:50 AM »
It's funny how you guys act like anybody who juices is going to put on 50-75lbs.  It all depends on what the guy is taking and what amounts. 

J.P. Says...

• Getbig II
  • The Dude Abides
« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2006, 03:21:37 PM »
You watch too many movies

Just speaking the truth partner...

Sniffy 6-6

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
  • Bow to the Sniff
« Reply #45 on: July 22, 2006, 01:19:56 PM »
Just speaking the truth partner...

Just wondering, what experiences are you speaking from?

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #46 on: July 22, 2006, 01:23:47 PM »
Just wondering, what experiences are you speaking from?

Shhhhh, it's all Top Secret!

J.P. Says...

• Getbig II
  • The Dude Abides
« Reply #47 on: July 25, 2006, 05:59:50 PM »
Experience of years working in and around the community, slick... you?

nder98

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Getlaid!
« Reply #48 on: July 25, 2006, 08:29:29 PM »
Say yes to drugs! :P

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #49 on: July 26, 2006, 08:00:34 AM »
I bet a guy on nubain could soak up a lot of bullets and keep on charging.