Author Topic: Will the PDI make it to show number 2?  (Read 2049 times)

ether

• Getbig IV
Will the PDI make it to show number 2?
« on: July 19, 2006, 04:40:00 PM »
With time ticking on the NOC, and PDI "athletes" jumping ship faster than US/Canadian tourists fleeing lebanon.....one can't help wonder, will the PDI even survive it through its first show?

Basically all they have left is Priest ... who, after seeing Vince T bail, may be inclined to swallow his pride and go back to the S.S. IFBB (with company man Chick manning the deck).

Does anyone else have a funny feeling that the IFBB will be the only one left on the block shortly, despite 240's outlandish claims that "any one of the PDI guys is more marketable that the top 5 at any IFBB show"

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
Re: Will the PDI make it to show number 2?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2006, 04:46:42 PM »
I'm not that confident they'll be able to pull off show number 1.

ether

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2006, 04:58:14 PM »
I'm not that confident they'll be able to pull off show number 1.

What, those posters that 240 photoshopped on his computer and the 300$ PDI Radio site (with no shows) are not convincing enough that the first show will go off without a hitch?

Demillia is Kamali's neighbor.

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2006, 04:59:23 PM »
How many others besides Vince have left? One person leaving is not exactly the end of the world.

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2006, 05:03:07 PM »
How many others besides Vince have left? One person leaving is not exactly the end of the world.

When that one person represents 50% of the marquee competitors in your entire league, it's pretty bad.

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2006, 05:03:32 PM »
and PDI "athletes" jumping ship faster than ...

one athlete

even if there are no top IFBB pros in the first NOC, even if they don't sell out, it's still a good thing.  many fans would love to see something different.   

the IFBB held shows in 1948, 1948, 1950, 1952, then nothing until 1959.  The first Olympia was 1964.  Even if it takes the PDI 3-5 years to get established, even if they only have the NOC the first couple years, that's ok.

even if the PDI eventually folds, it's still good for bodybuilding.   competition is good.

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2006, 05:08:33 PM »
even if the PDI eventually folds, it's still good for bodybuilding

And especially good for us snarkers who have been saying from day 1 that it was joke.

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2006, 07:21:22 PM »
And especially good for us snarkers who have been saying from day 1 that it was joke.
I've criticised the PDI from day 1 but more from the bullshit perspective (wayne saying he'd have 9 shows the first year or whatever it was) and also from the $ side of things.

Big $ are needed to start a new federation.

ether

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2006, 07:22:59 PM »
one athlete

even if there are no top IFBB pros in the first NOC, even if they don't sell out, it's still a good thing.  many fans would love to see something different.   

the IFBB held shows in 1948, 1948, 1950, 1952, then nothing until 1959.  The first Olympia was 1964.  Even if it takes the PDI 3-5 years to get established, even if they only have the NOC the first couple years, that's ok.

even if the PDI eventually folds, it's still good for bodybuilding.   competition is good.

I for one would like to see something different.

But, smaller versions of the current IFBB pros is not exactly what I had in mind.

I'm not exactly sure, but Rhino and Vinny G don't exactly inspire me to think about how the IFBB is going down.

Richard Jones never panned out, if he did, I think the PDI may have made some headway.

But losing Taylor, will be the first of two nails in the coffin (the second being priest doing the O)

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2006, 07:30:38 PM »
I said it before in the very beginning but some didn't listen

The PDI failed already once, its going to crash again.  This time permanantly with a loud thud

Organization has been a clusterfuck.  No website (I own their old domain) no PDI radio as boasted, fraudulant ads with companies that never agreed to sponsor them, bodybuilders on poster who are not going to compete.

Athletes that are going to compete as pros were GIVEN THE TITLE PRO...never earned it.

PDI is bodybuilding's version of the Titanic...and a lot of people careers are going to sink with that ship.
A

phyxsius

• Getbig V
  • Mini Getbigger
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2006, 07:44:33 PM »
PDI is bodybuilding's version of the Titanic...and a lot of people careers are going to sink with that ship.

You're referring yourself too right? Your career already sank before it began
I am a mini beast

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2006, 02:37:25 AM »
I said it before in the very beginning but some didn't listen

The PDI failed already once, its going to crash again.  This time permanantly with a loud thud

Organization has been a clusterfuck.  No website (I own their old domain) no PDI radio as boasted, fraudulant ads with companies that never agreed to sponsor them, bodybuilders on poster who are not going to compete.

Athletes that are going to compete as pros were GIVEN THE TITLE PRO...never earned it.

Boy boy, yourbullshit never stops does it.  You own the old website.  WHat old website.  So what you did was go register a website hoping to cash in.  You are defintiely one scummy guy.  I am pretty certain you are a white asshole who is so dirt you look black.  Why do you continue to embarrass yourself.  I ber your family has family reunions and they don't even invite you.  It is pretty sure they are embarrased by you.  By the way post those pics from the 3 show you did.  I doubt you will.  Even you can't be that stupid all the time.  I dare you.

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2006, 02:44:11 AM »
Boy boy, yourbullshit never stops does it.  You own the old website.  WHat old website.  So what you did was go register a website hoping to cash in.  You are defintiely one scummy f**cker.  I am pretty certain you are a white asshole who is so dirt you look black.  Why do you continue to embarrass yourself.  I ber your family has family reunions and they don't even invite you.  It is pretty sure they are embarrased by you.  By the way post those pics from the 3 show you did.  I doubt you will.  Even you can't be that stupid all the time.  I dare you.

I'm pretty sure that Vince don't have a quality education