Author Topic: DHEA ###HELP##  (Read 1496 times)

olroy

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
DHEA ###HELP##
« on: July 20, 2006, 04:07:54 AM »
For a 40 year old male.
How much Dhea should you take? I have been doing 50 mg a day for 3 weeks but haven’t noticed any change.
Should I take something with this to get the full, boost in test and libido??

is there something better that i could take?

dovidov

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Re: DHEA ###HELP##
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2006, 06:44:26 PM »
just started taking dhea - i have been taking 400mg/day- so far so good

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2006, 08:05:41 PM »
Here's what supplementwatch has to say
http://supplementwatch.com/suplib/supplement.asp?DocId=1097

Special note from the safety section

The FDA banned the sale of DHEA as a therapeutic drug in 1996 until its safety and value could be reviewed. DHEA products on the market as dietary supplements are regulated under a 1994 law, the dietary supplement health and education act (DSHEA). Although it is difficult to show clear side effects from DHEA supplements, several publications have raised concerns regarding of altered hormone profiles, liver abnormalities, increased cancer risk (prostate in men and breast in women) and other steroid-like effects (increased facial hair, acne, mood swings). Since DHEA is converted into testosterone, there have been concerns that chronic use in men might worsen prostate hyperplasia or even promote prostate cancer. Of the potential adverse effects associated with high dose DHEA supplements, virilization in women may result from increased testosterone levels, while gynecomastia may result in men from an elevation in estrogen levels. Because of these potential adverse effects, DHEA dosages should be limited to between 25 and 100 milligrams daily. If you take DHEA, you should inform your physician. It is important to note that although such concerns are certainly possible and logical, they are only suspected risks - which may not apply for all individuals who may derive benefits from DHEA supplements.
:

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2006, 01:53:12 PM »
DHEA is crap.

HICKSON

• Getbig IV
  • Bunch of slack-jaw fagg0ts round here.
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2006, 07:08:53 AM »
You'd get better results dropping a wheel on your foot before hitting a heavy set...
Giving 110%