Author Topic: FEELING KIND OF DEPRESSED  (Read 2546 times)

bigjohn_bluesfan

• Getbig IV
  • yeah baby
FEELING KIND OF DEPRESSED
« on: July 21, 2006, 02:33:14 PM »
3 weeks into PCT---- diet good, training hard, have not lost that much--- but even though its hard to say, I have to admit that Im feeling a little bit depressed.  :-[ I just feel kind of down-- I went to the gym today and did two sets of flat bench flies and then left because I just didnt want to be there. I hit legs super hard yesterday though so I proly needed the rest...

Anyway, thats it. :(
ah yeah Im a voodo child

whitewidow

Re: FEELING KIND OF DEPRESSED
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2006, 02:48:27 PM »
its normal bro- dont worry about it- once you finish up the anchileries you should feel better.you should be happy bro-your getting married!

ZEEK

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • WTF this stuff really works
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2006, 02:49:43 PM »
thats not uncommon.

you miss the injections. you miss the knowing that there extra help for you when your in the gym. it will subside but its hard to let go of something you love so much :'( but in a few weeks you will reunite and its love all over again.

youll be ok  ;)

UK Gold

• Getbig IV
  • Riding on the Getbig wind
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2006, 03:02:25 PM »
Don't be such a fucking wimp >:( Stop whining and get down the gym. [when you get back make your girl suck you off. If that doesn't cheer you up nothing will] 

sportingsteroids

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2006, 04:58:45 PM »
maybe to find  another girl.. :)
w

udeluz

• Getbig IV
  • CLICK...CLICK...BOOM !!!!!!!!
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2006, 05:34:08 PM »
Don't be such a fucking wimp >:( Stop whining and get down the gym. [when you get back make your girl suck you off. If that doesn't cheer you up nothing will] 

This guy is probally some 15 year old zit face punk,

We both know this is not how us MEN treat women

Chill out bro, try some low weight, High rep training with some cardio.. Thats what my bud does when he is dragging.
U

whitewidow

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2006, 06:07:20 PM »
shit- I never go work out the day after I hit legs- I do a warm up set with extensions 50reps- then 50 reps with ham extensions - then I usually hit the hack squat for 5 sets and then the leg press for 5 sets- then a nice 50rep burn set to finish off- then 10mins on the bike- always just train my legs once a week- always take the day after off-

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2006, 07:14:46 PM »
shit- I never go work out the day after I hit legs- I do a warm up set with extensions 50reps- then 50 reps with ham extensions - then I usually hit the hack squat for 5 sets and then the leg press for 5 sets- then a nice 50rep burn set to finish off- then 10mins on the bike- always just train my legs once a week- always take the day after off-

And you need a day off after that?  Is that the whole workout?

whitewidow

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2006, 07:52:27 PM »
And you need a day off after that?  Is that the whole workout?

Yeah -pretty much- thats all it takes- I used to do more but  was told I was overtraining-
and that can put a hault to your gains-wich what was happening in my case- my legs are getting bigger and more seperated than ever- just doing a nice 50rep warmup of both quad and ham extensions - then I hit up 5 sets of hack squat always starting kinda of light and pyramiding up- 5th set im hitting 405 for about 10-15 reps- all solid reps-making sure the working muscles are contracting properly-  then I hit up the leg press wich I do the same thing start light and pyramid up- after those five sets- I do a light burn set of 50 reps or sometimes more- I just aim for 50 usually I pump out about 60- all good form strict reps- by the end of the workout legs are nice and pumped- im getting the best gains just training them like that once a week- I used to hit them 2-3 times a week- super heavy but it got me nowhere-  just good for strength-im looking more for the bodybuilder physique with alot of seperation and cutts- not big and water logged with no cutts- ive been off cycle since march and have not been training too much- my goal is to start back up in about a week- I just keep on selling of my gear stash-ill get my cycle together then somebody will offer me insane money for it and ill sell it off- im still picking up a few things then ill be on the shit again- my goal is too do a good 3-4 month cycle and put some pics up-they are over due-lol

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2006, 07:53:05 PM »
I usually don't feel like doing anything the day after legs. Besides you also got a lot of other stuff going on (i.e. getting married).

bigjohn_bluesfan

• Getbig IV
  • yeah baby
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2006, 09:30:17 PM »

no doubt bro----- I killed legs and when I went to the gym the next day I was not having it---- youre right bro, it was the rest I needed
ah yeah Im a voodo child

whitewidow

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2006, 10:05:22 PM »
I was doing this training method where you just hit each major muscle group just once a week and it worked out great- legs, chest and back specifically were just hit once a week- biceps,calfs,forearms and smaller groups twice a week- gained harder than anybody in my gym- everybody else was struggling and asking me how I was gaining so rapidly-

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2006, 10:21:10 PM »
Each body part 1x per wk is very efficient, assuming you're hitting everything hard and intense, but even with this kind of split, your body will adapt IMO. My favorite training split is 4 on 1 off, so everything is hit 2x every 9 days. I'll use this split until I feel my body adapting and wearing out from the more frequent training sessions and then switch to everything 1x per wk, which comes out to 3 on 1 off, 2 on 1 off...once I adapt to that, then it's back to the 4 on 1 off routine. Seems to work well for me.

As far as the main topic at hand, I will typically back off things slightly right after a cycle. I do not mean I let my self get lazy, but the number of sets I do will drop down and any high rep sets that I might usually do will be put on hold for a while. I typically keep all my sets in the 8-15 rep range, but right after my cycle I'll stay in the 8-10 range. Once things are back in order I will go back to my regular routine be it if I'm on or off cycle.

Try keeping your training short and to the pont, keep the weights heavy, but your main focus should be to hold on to as much of what you gained while on cycle. after 4-6 wks of this type of training, you should be able to go back to your normal routine that you like.

Final note, keep eating plenty of food, but I would advise backing your calories down slightly, especially the carbs. Right now post cycle, your body does not have the AAS helping assimilate all the food that you were taking while on, so backing off can help with the way you feel. Carbs especially should be cut slightly, because too many carbs can really make you feel sluggish.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2006, 06:16:31 AM »
Could be a thousand things that have you down.  Most likely its a combo of factors.  One is a withdrawl from the hormone high, part psychological and part physiologically, you see gear affects the brains neurotransmitters pretty much like EVERYTHING in the world does (and I don't mean just drugs or food), they control how you FEEL.  So it's a like a junkie trying to come off other drugs.  Since gear has a lesser influence on dopamine compared to lets say herion this withdrawl is more subtle.  It will manifest itself with you by having you.......depressed, craving the next cycle, maybe a little irritable, possibly headaches.  These are the symptoms of minor withdrawl.  Then theres the whole psychological part to consider.

As far as being overtrained, I doubt it, usually people undertrain.  I also train 1 body part a week, have for years.  If everything is going good its hard to overtrain on that schedule.  Its a good idea once in a while to take a couple days consecutively off maybe even 3 days.  This keeps the body guessing and lets it heal up a little more.

Or maybe you are having things going on in your personal life that have you confussed.  Oh thats right you are thinking about getting married, hummmmm??  Sounds like an awful lot to deal with especially when your hormones are way out of wack.

bigjohn_bluesfan

• Getbig IV
  • yeah baby
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2006, 09:11:49 AM »
Could be a thousand things that have you down.  Most likely its a combo of factors.  One is a withdrawl from the hormone high, part psychological and part physiologically, you see gear affects the brains neurotransmitters pretty much like EVERYTHING in the world does (and I don't mean just drugs or food), they control how you FEEL.  So it's a like a junkie trying to come off other drugs.  Since gear has a lesser influence on dopamine compared to lets say herion this withdrawl is more subtle.  It will manifest itself with you by having you.......depressed, craving the next cycle, maybe a little irritable, possibly headaches.  These are the symptoms of minor withdrawl.  Then theres the whole psychological part to consider.

As far as being overtrained, I doubt it, usually people undertrain.  I also train 1 body part a week, have for years.  If everything is going good its hard to overtrain on that schedule.  Its a good idea once in a while to take a couple days consecutively off maybe even 3 days.  This keeps the body guessing and lets it heal up a little more.

Or maybe you are having things going on in your personal life that have you confussed.  Oh thats right you are thinking about getting married, hummmmm??  Sounds like an awful lot to deal with especially when your hormones are way out of wack.

lmao    ;D
ah yeah Im a voodo child

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2006, 11:10:18 AM »
Just another part of the game. now is when you need to train like crazy and MAKE yourself destroy those weights, it's all in your head...remember you just came of an assload of hormones. it's almost like PMS!!! hahaha...just train like an animal and eat alot.

8)

bigjohn_bluesfan

• Getbig IV
  • yeah baby
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2006, 11:42:51 AM »
Just another part of the game. now is when you need to train like crazy and MAKE yourself destroy those weights, it's all in your head...remember you just came of an assload of hormones. it's almost like PMS!!! hahaha...just train like an animal and eat alot.

8)

thanks player
ah yeah Im a voodo child

hendog

• Getbig II
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2006, 01:13:15 PM »
I was doing this training method where you just hit each major muscle group just once a week and it worked out great- legs, chest and back specifically were just hit once a week- biceps,calfs,forearms and smaller groups twice a week- gained harder than anybody in my gym- everybody else was struggling and asking me how I was gaining so rapidly-
Flex magazine had one of Dorian Yates mass building routines in it about 5 years ago that was just like that. He stated that doing each bodypart once a week with super heavy weight for low reps and low sets (one warm up set and two working sets on most excersizes) and maybe three excersizes per bodypart worked wonders for growth so I tried it and it does. Gained alot of size compared to other programs I had tried to that point. Dorian is a genious and one hard working son of a bitch when it came to lifting weights.

poisonstick

• Getbig I
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2006, 05:42:19 AM »
I must say i do feel the same way and its been 2months for me since i had my last shot. I just lost 10kg and i dont feel to go back to the gym unless i am pumped with gear. I gained 22kg in 8-9 months and then going back down make me feel so shit. I moved country and had so much on and having to fid work and stuff. So i was a bit slack on the gym side. but i am also depro and its like i need it all the time. Just so you know i started on 60kg.Skinny guy and gone up 2 82kg.Now how gud must a guy feel?

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2006, 12:18:46 PM »
I must say i do feel the same way and its been 2months for me since i had my last shot. I just lost 10kg and i dont feel to go back to the gym unless i am pumped with gear. I gained 22kg in 8-9 months and then going back down make me feel so shit. I moved country and had so much on and having to fid work and stuff. So i was a bit slack on the gym side. but i am also depro and its like i need it all the time. Just so you know i started on 60kg.Skinny guy and gone up 2 82kg.Now how gud must a guy feel?

Grow some stones, stop bitching and get your ass back in the gym.

Either you have the love for lifting or you don't.

There is no in-between.

You sound like a manky windowlicker straight off a bender...

Feckin' Brits....   ::)

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2006, 12:29:14 PM »
Grow some stones, stop bitching and get your ass back in the gym.

Either you have the love for lifting or you don't.

There is no in-between.

You sound like a manky windowlicker straight off a bender...

Feckin' Brits....   ::)

DIV
I agree get that shit outta your head! i'd still be training just as hard if I lost EVERYTHING. you sound like you dont' want to train because your not pushing the weight you usually do, which is stupid because you shouldn't be training for ego.
bodybuildersreality.com

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2006, 12:35:05 PM »
I agree get that shit outta your head! i'd still be training just as hard if I lost EVERYTHING. you sound like you dont' want to train because your not pushing the weight you usually do, which is stupid because you shouldn't be training for ego.

Exactly.

There are days I feel like shit and can't push what I usually do, whether I am off or on, and I still push what I can for as many reps as I can.

It's all about testing your physical limits (without injuring yourself).

Some people never understand that.

Those are the ones who drop off and stop training for six months, get fat and out of shape, then plop back in the gym in January as part of some New Year's resolution bullshit phenomenon.

People are simple.  ::)

DIV

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2006, 12:47:12 PM »
Exactly.

There are days I feel like shit and can't push what I usually do, whether I am off or on, and I still push what I can for as many reps as I can.

It's all about testing your physical limits (without injuring yourself).

Some people never understand that.

Those are the ones who drop off and stop training for six months, get fat and out of shape, then plop back in the gym in January as part of some New Year's resolution bullshit phenomenon.

People are simple.  ::)

DIV
yup, its not the end of the world if you've lost 5lbs after your cycle and you can only bench 365 instead of 400. thats not reason to not want to go train anymore.
bodybuildersreality.com

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
  • SquadFathers mom gave me a BJ
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2006, 01:37:09 PM »
3 weeks into PCT---- diet good, training hard, have not lost that much--- but even though its hard to say, I have to admit that Im feeling a little bit depressed.  :-[ I just feel kind of down-- I went to the gym today and did two sets of flat bench flies and then left because I just didnt want to be there. I hit legs super hard yesterday though so I proly needed the rest...

Anyway, thats it. :(

Arnold used to say if he went to the gym and half-assed it , he walked out.  The next day when he walked back in, he tore the weights up.
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2006, 01:41:03 PM »
Arnold used to say if he went to the gym and half-assed it , he walked out.  The next day when he walked back in, he tore the weights up.

One postive thing I can say about Arnold is that he was self-motivated.

DIV