Author Topic: Start lifting or lose some weight first?????  (Read 3905 times)

andre90

• Getbig II
  • We Gone Make IT.
Start lifting or lose some weight first?????
« on: July 22, 2006, 06:54:45 AM »
iam a newbie and just got into body building.Iam a little chubby not alot very little and was wondering should i lose a little weight before starting to lift or just go strait to lifting???? and whats a good supplement for starting out?
cutting for mr.getbig 2.

HERACLES

• Getbig IV
Re: Start lifting or lose some weight first?????
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2006, 08:25:10 AM »
iam a newbie and just got into body building.Iam a little chubby not alot very little and was wondering should i lose a little weight before starting to lift or just go strait to lifting???? and whats a good supplement for starting out?

Hey, dont worry about supplements right now. Just try to get to the gym on a daily basis, and do cardio first, 30-40 minutes. If it gets boring, or its tough, do 20 until you build stamina.. you can jump on diferent machines, like i do, treadmill, recumbent bike, and stairmaster, for 40min together....then if you can go and get 1/2 hr of weight training in. Nothing fancy, just the basics. Im sure where ever you go they will have a starters program for you..

Dont worry about supplements right now, if anything just a multivitamin, drink lots of water, cut out your sugars (no sodas) and like i said, cardio should be your main concern.

Hope this helps. 8)

OakExpress

• Getbig II
  • Amateur Natural Bodybuilder
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2006, 01:30:23 PM »

The two go hand in hand bro.  Adding lean body mass will help you burn more calories.  Burning calories will lead to a leaner physique.  Lift hard and eat a "clean" diet that has your calories below your daily calorie burn (a good guess would be 10-12 calories/pound).  Add 3-5 days of fat burning cardio (40 minutes) or HIIT cardio (20 minutes).

I dropped 40 lbs in 15 weeks and still added muscle.

Romans 1:20

GET_BIGGER

• Getbig IV
  • Peace and good genes be to you
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2006, 07:59:23 AM »
I agree with the above.  Would like to no more of your stats though, age, height, weight, etc.

andre90

• Getbig II
  • We Gone Make IT.
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2006, 05:08:29 AM »
iam 18 around 5'9 or so and 185.
cutting for mr.getbig 2.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2006, 08:09:53 AM »
what are your goals?
Z

Tryinghard

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2006, 03:27:52 AM »
I surprised most didnt say bulk first then cut....That is how "MOST"" BB's do.....Bulk it up, then cut it ti shreds...But then again, like everyon eis ask, what is your stats, Goals and what not?

Nathan

• Getbig III
  • 5'11 185 lbs
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2006, 07:51:48 AM »
U don't need much bulk! A lot of BB relly over do it then losse muscle mass trying to burn it off at the last min.
P