Author Topic: Why is Darrem Charles competing this fall?  (Read 6762 times)

Colossus_1986

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
Why is Darrem Charles competing this fall?
« on: July 22, 2006, 10:28:55 AM »
As we all know through the various sources; Darrem Charles will NOT be competing in this years  MR. O
> however he has confirmed his participation in the MONTREAL PRO show just 3 weeks before the Olympia.
In your opinion, why do you think he decided to throw in his hat at this show?
The guy is already qualified for the olympia, and even though he's not doing it, why does he feel he needs to compete, especially at a show so late in the year. Is he just in the mood of competing? Does he need some cash? Or want to build up his reputation by just winning anything and everything he possibly can?

--> your thoughts...

Rich2

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Re: Why is DARREM CHARLES competing this fall?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2006, 01:16:23 PM »
i think he wants to win anything he can, like a "spray and pray" mentality towards competition.  although its cool that he competes so often, it takes away from his mystique.  guy's like Melvin or Dexter don't compete as often (in the past couple years anyway), and i'm more interested in seeing them on stage.  that and i don't like Darrem's physique, so oh well. 

Colossus_1986

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2006, 02:35:39 PM »
i think he wants to win anything he can, like a "spray and pray" mentality towards competition.  although its cool that he competes so often, it takes away from his mystique.  guy's like Melvin or Dexter don't compete as often (in the past couple years anyway), and i'm more interested in seeing them on stage.  that and i don't like Darrem's physique, so oh well. 

i think he's not spending anymore time "perfecting" his physique. Hes just gonna appear everywhere he can, just so his name becomes so familiar to fans and judges. And he might not be Mr.O, but he'll go down as one of those "always consistent guys". (like cormier, milos...and other competitors with tons of shows under their belt)

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2006, 03:39:48 PM »
at the southern states he said he may not be doing the o. did not say he was not doing the o, he may not be doing.  i asked why since you are already qualified, why are you doing the other shows. "there is money to be made" he said.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2006, 03:46:36 PM »
He's bitter since losing to Phil Heath.  He had a look of disappointment on his face at the Shawn Ray Classic, but was professional enough to shake Phil's hand despite that.
::)

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2006, 03:48:57 PM »
That idiots calves are all oiled up to an astonishing 15 inches.. beating collosus by 4 inches.
just push some weight!

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2006, 04:57:25 PM »
Someone said he plans to compete until 50 so I'm led to believe his gear usage may not be as high as most pros.  He doesn't cardio either so he probably doesn't overuse diuretics due to his naturally fast metabolism.

wow, I don't see how you can be that shredded and not do cardio at all
Here comes the money shot

dzulboy

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Big hard and turbo charged
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2006, 04:58:07 PM »
god his quads are small

Stavios

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2006, 06:49:30 PM »
Someone said he plans to compete until 50 so I'm led to believe his gear usage may not be as high as most pros.  He doesn't cardio either so he probably doesn't overuse diuretics due to his naturally fast metabolism.

Roy Callender told me that he trained Darrem when I was still an amateur and he also said that Darrem was natural when he got his pro card.

I am a little septic cause Roy is a really delusional guy

corinth

• Getbig IV
  • Team Wolf
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2006, 07:45:18 PM »
I read somewhere that Darrem believes he gets a more fair judgement at the smaller shows and guys with his type of physique stand a better chance of victory. He's never believed he's gotten his fair due at the Olympia. I still wouldn't be surprised if he does compete there this year though, since it was pointed out, he'll already be in shape.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2006, 08:31:13 PM »
god his quads are small
in that shot,they have improved and are seperated and striated enough that he get's by on conditioning.

jem123

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2006, 01:26:29 AM »
i'm a big fan of darrem. I think he just realises that his physique does have limitations and he is not going to compromise them by banging more gear into himself to get up to 250.

We all know the Olympia is a big mans show. Why enter if you are going to struggle to crack the top ten.
If Darrem can make a good living winning some of the second tier shows more power to him.

Still has some of the best bi's ever to appear on a BB stage.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2006, 01:32:30 AM »
As we all know through the various sources; Darrem Charles will NOT be competing in this years  MR. O
> however he has confirmed his participation in the MONTREAL PRO show just 3 weeks before the Olympia.
In your opinion, why do you think he decided to throw in his hat at this show?
The guy is already qualified for the olympia, and even though he's not doing it, why does he feel he needs to compete, especially at a show so late in the year. Is he just in the mood of competing? Does he need some cash? Or want to build up his reputation by just winning anything and everything he possibly can?

--> your thoughts...

I call it "The Streak". Darrem Charles has won at least one show for the past four years. But for Phil Heath, he'd have two more under his belt. And the strategy seems to work well. Reading through this month's IronMan, I've seen three MuscleTech ad-reports featuring the Trinidad native. Were he to compete in the Olympia, he'd likely be in the top 10, but seeing as being in the top 10 (at least the bottom half of the top 10) is deemed as prestigious as it once was, Charles may not feel it's worth the effort.

jem123

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2006, 01:35:31 AM »
I watched the Shawn Ray Classic recently and Darrem's arms are a lot shorter than Heath's.

???

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2006, 01:45:13 AM »
i'm a big fan of darrem. I think he just realises that his physique does have limitations and he is not going to compromise them by banging more gear into himself to get up to 250.

We all know the Olympia is a big mans show. Why enter if you are going to struggle to crack the top ten.
If Darrem can make a good living winning some of the second tier shows more power to him.

Still has some of the best bi's ever to appear on a BB stage.

Darrem's size has increased gradually. He's added about 30-35 to his physique over the past 10 years. Doing so has kept his proportions in check and his belly from protruding.

jem123

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2006, 01:46:45 AM »
Meaning, I think that's part of the illusion.  Having shorter arms makes the development appear larger than it is.

BB is all about illusion. However i understand your point.

Slick Vic

« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2006, 07:34:22 AM »
I assume his move to compete in the Montreal Pro would enable him to make more money there as opposed to the Olympia.

Stavios

« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2006, 07:56:26 AM »
Does Roy train at your gym?  From what I remember he is 66 this year.  UIt's crazy to think that he was competitive until age 47.  Wow.

Darrem said in his DVD that he never does cardio.

http://www.bodybuildingpro.com/darremcharlesdvd.html

He is a personal trainer here in my town near montreal.
each years he brings a lot of his girls to local shows. He basicly only train women for competition, since he says than the men listen to everyone and fuck everything up.

He is a cool dude and still as very impressive legs. He doesn't train anymore but I think he give 1 or 2 class of aerobic per week.

he is funny cause each time he ask me if I'll do a show soon he says: You ain't shit, I was fucking mr.universe at your age !  ;D

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • THE FLAG OF THE ZAPATISTA ARMY OF LIBERATION
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2006, 10:08:55 AM »
the montreal pro is gonna b awesome..dillet and art wood r going to compete again..i hope both of them qualify for the olympia 2006..any new pics of them??
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

Colossus_1986

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2006, 10:13:14 AM »
the montreal pro is gonna b awesome..dillet and art wood r going to compete again..i hope both of them qualify for the olympia 2006..any new pics of them??

no not yet...plus we got Quincy Taylor, pro debuts of both DENNIS WOLF and SIMON VOYER. Frank MgGrath is back for the first time in almost 2 years. Claude Groulx maybe bring in something worthwhile...and then we got the King...but on that day, i doubt he'll be wearing the crown... :-\

Stavios

« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2006, 10:19:50 AM »
no not yet...plus we got Quincy Taylor, pro debuts of both DENNIS WOLF and SIMON VOYER. Frank MgGrath is back for the first time in almost 2 years. Claude Groulx maybe bring in something worthwhile...and then we got the King...but on that day, i doubt he'll be wearing the crown... :-\

I think Simon Voyer is overrated.

Really huge dude but he doesn't have the structure to be a top pro.

Hope he will prove me wrong

Colossus_1986

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2006, 10:21:45 AM »
I think Simon Voyer is overrated.

Really huge dude but he doesn't have the structure to be a top pro.

Hope he will prove me wrong

true...true...

Stavios

« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2006, 10:22:41 AM »
lol!

I've had a few private messages on this board either trying to encourage me or discourage me from using steroids.

Some seem to be suggesting that steroids cannot be moderated.  Alcohol, nicotine, and other drugs can, and I don't see why steroids cannot be.  I think Roy is proof that if you moderate them, they will have no effect on lifespan.

Yes I don't think he used that much. He looks really healty and seriously I will try to snap a pic of his quads next time I see him.

They really are fucking huge !

Even if he didn't used a lot of drugs, Roy will be the first one to tell you: If you don't like needles, forget about bodybuilding ( competitive bbing )

Stavios

« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2006, 10:24:07 AM »
true...true...

Your friend Leo is way better than Simon structuraly. Wide wide wide clavicules with that tiny waist, I have to admit he looks awesome. But he would need to be thicker all over to get his pro card

Colossus_1986

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2006, 10:36:10 AM »
Your friend Leo is way better than Simon structuraly. Wide wide wide clavicules with that tiny waist, I have to admit he looks awesome. But he would need to be thicker all over to get his pro card

he's workin on it! ;)
you ain't seen nothin yet!