Author Topic: Boss/Chief @ the gym  (Read 5150 times)

wes mantooth

• Getbig IV
  • Dorothy Mantooth is a saint!
Re: Boss/Chief @ the gym
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2006, 03:03:02 PM »
Hey Big Guy, using the chief/boss address is the old over/under acknowledgement. On the one hand, they are signifying their (your) importance while also tacitly taking you out at the knees with sarcasm. Wouldn't take that if I were you, Chief.  ;)

LOL....nice!!!!!!!!!

HICKSON

• Getbig IV
  • Bunch of slack-jaw fagg0ts round here.
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2006, 03:03:46 PM »

Wouldnt you get annoyed if somebody said "what's going on Boss/Chief" @ the gym? I'd feel disrespected, last time i remember a BOSS/CHIEF was @ work. Last thing i want is being referred as to "Mr.Big Shot" aka BOSS?CHIEF?

How would you feel is somebody called you Boss/Chief @ the gym? Or am i just over tensing and dont play with no bullshyt ::)

Melting outside the Getbig relm, ehhh..... Chief.......
Giving 110%

body88

« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2006, 03:04:01 PM »
I say Boss all the time. Most all the people here do also. Same thing with kid and guy........ Must be a Boston thing.

ronrico

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2006, 03:53:26 PM »
Onlyme you must mean Zabo- the one and only chief.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2006, 04:15:49 PM »
you need to chill----clearly----and 240 whre's my support on that other issue?

those bastards have yet to approve me.  don't tell me i am blacklisted on poker boards?

avesher

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Oh Potato, Sleepy Time
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2006, 06:24:02 PM »
those bastards have yet to approve me.  don't tell me i am blacklisted on poker boards?

your rep has moved to the poker boards---I will send you some of the stuff he says---people on here would love it---"I am 6 foot 5 and 240, I would crush avesher"  and another gem "I am abrasive because it's fun and I can be."  The poker board can't handle him, but I would love to get him on this board.  He would run to hs mommy once you and sarcasm and everyone else got to him.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2006, 09:24:43 PM »
Dont put up with them calling you boss or especially chief.  Them's some fighting words, I would smash the fu*kers face in for that.

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2006, 09:40:49 PM »
good thing about being australian is you call everybody mate... including the girls

Yev33

• Getbig III
« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2006, 09:43:09 PM »
The context and the tone of voice can make anything sound disrespectful and annoying. If you feel like the person saying it is being scarcastic or just an asshole, your insticts are probably right.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2006, 02:02:59 AM »
Onlyme you must mean Zabo- the one and only chief.

Yes Zabo.  Thanks, I knew someone had to know him he is a legend.

Bear

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2006, 03:48:12 AM »
boss/chief/big guy are often used to show deference - you're telling the guy that you're honored to be a guest in his dojo.  the reverse is when you see ppl calling everyone 'son' or 'kid' - they are attempting to take a dominant role.

to call someone boss/chief casually just tells them you're not there to take over the room, that they can keep the alpha male status, you're just there to catch a workout.

Yeah, I mean I call people boss/chief all the time, in a respectful fashion, with the vaguely modest intentions described above. Does this mean they are secretly taking offence at my chyoice of words? I hope not !!  :P

Big N

• Getbig V
  • Veteran Fella
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2006, 11:05:04 AM »
Yeah, I mean I call people boss/chief all the time, in a respectful fashion, with the vaguely modest intentions described above. Does this mean they are secretly taking offence at my chyoice of words? I hope not !!  :P

Well you probably used it in a good tone, came to think about this prick brazilian UPS guy walked in the other day in our store cracking stupid jokes. And this guy had the nerver to ask "oh BOSS how much does this shirt cost?" And the tone wasnt all that nice either man, let him try that next time and i'll bang him over the head >:(
#