Author Topic: Congrats Chick - Getting married!  (Read 12278 times)

littleguns

• Getbig V
Congrats Chick - Getting married!
« on: July 24, 2006, 12:20:07 PM »
Congrats On your soon to be marriage and pregnancy!!!

littleguns

• Getbig V
Re: Congrats Chick
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2006, 12:45:14 PM »

http://www.getbig.com/news/2006-03/060714bob.htm

His GF is pregnant and he is getting married the day after the Olympia...

God I would hate to be paying that food bill.....

body88

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2006, 12:45:19 PM »
Congrats on the new kid chick. Also the engagement.

Chico_Holiday

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2006, 01:02:26 PM »
Will 240 be the Godfather?

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2006, 01:06:00 PM »
Gettin Married in vegas huh....so i guess your not going for the "Classy" Wedding huh
L

Praetor Fenix

• Getbig IV
  • Capable of strong empathy and tremendous rage
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2006, 01:12:31 PM »
Why do the majority of top bodybuilders consort with average looking women?

Seriously, professional bodybuilders are the premier physical specimens on the planet.

I fail to see why their significant others often fail to mirror their exterior standard.
BGWell Is Back.Invariably

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Honey Badger cuz he don't Care.
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2006, 01:15:15 PM »
Congrats Bob, that's awesome!

canyoufeeltheforce

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2006, 01:15:45 PM »
Congrats On your soon to be marriage and pregnancy!!!

All the best for the future .

muscleforlife

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2006, 01:26:09 PM »

Seriously, professional bodybuilders are the premier physical specimens on the planet.

I fail to see why their significant others often fail to mirror their exterior standard.

Congratulations Bob.  Wish you and yours the best.   Watch out for those sympathy pregnancy symptoms!

As for why BBs date regular women, maybe because they are looking for something that is more than skin deep.  Beauty fades.
If you dated/married a beautiful and her looks began to go, gained weight, lost hair or teeth, etc...would you leave her?

Just curious...
Sandra

Praetor Fenix

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2006, 01:39:05 PM »
As for why BBs date regular women, maybe because they are looking for something that is more than skin deep.  Beauty fades.

Valid point in most circumstances.

However, bodybuilders are a vane breed, no? Consider the amount of time, money, and effort involved in building a pro-calibur physique that is only "skin-deep." Its hard to imagine that they would value the interior qualities of their lifelong partner and overlook the superficial exterior, yet invest the majority of their life into perfecting this very same superficial exterior of their own.

If you dated/married a beautiful and her looks began to go, gained weight, lost hair or teeth, etc...would you leave her?

Would depend entirely on the temptations, to be honest.
If I had Orlando Bloom appeal, I doubt I could see the marriage through, since there would be a plethora of appealing alternatives. Difficult to assess how I would react in circumstances I may never be faced with though, I apologize.  :-\

Jerryme7

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Check out www.muscleshoppe.com for the best prices
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2006, 01:47:57 PM »
Congratulations, Bob!!!

I am very happy for you and your soon to be wife and child!!

Mussolini

• Getbig IV
  • riding shotgun on the team Nasser War wagon
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2006, 01:48:15 PM »

Premier? To who? Other bodybuilders mabey but most girls are repulsed by that kind of physique. Premiere physical specimen = the most appealing to the opposite sex. Pro Bodybuilders do not fit that description at all.
shotgun on the team

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2006, 01:57:37 PM »
Gettin Married in vegas huh....so i guess your not going for the "Classy" Wedding huh

It will be an extremely nice wedding, Sunday - Olympia Weekend, with family coming in, and close friends, and at a beautiful hotel. From what I heard on Saturday at the NPC Los Angeles show, it is going to be classy and nice all the way. Not one of those fast weddings either. Las Vegas is the perfect place for all of the family from the east to come in, have a good time, and come to the wedding. A lot of people will be there for the Olympia anyway.

body88

« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2006, 02:00:37 PM »

Err 99.9 percent of women find pro caliber size and conditioning disgusting.

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
Re: Congrats Chick - Getting married!
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2006, 02:02:58 PM »
congrats chick

Praetor Fenix

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2006, 02:10:40 PM »
Err 99.9 percent of women find pro caliber size and conditioning disgusting.

Premier? To who? Other bodybuilders mabey but most girls are repulsed by that kind of physique. Premiere physical specimen = the most appealing to the opposite sex. Pro Bodybuilders do not fit that description at all.

Well said.

This must be a relatively recent trend, no?
I can recall as a kid seeing the depictions of the muscle-man walking on the coastline, soaking in the admiration and reverence of the women to the absolute disdain of the envious, underdeveloped men in the foreground.

From personal experience, I had significantly better success "getting noticed" after a few years of consistent weight-training, albeit nowhere near as big or conditioned as a professional or NPC national competitor.

Perhaps a point of diminishing returns in the eyes of society with respect to muscular development? Its a tragedy, because the professionals truly are more impressive and should command more respect than these fools touted for their bodies in crap publications like People!

To put it eloquently, the mainstream is stupid and gay!

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2006, 02:16:33 PM »
240 make sure you take lots of pictures at the wedding!

geeves20022000

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2006, 02:37:54 PM »
Congrats Bob.  Wishing you and your future wife the best.  And good luck on the baby on the way. 

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2006, 02:58:05 PM »
I hope you got a pre-nup buddy!

body88

« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2006, 03:12:10 PM »
Well said.

I can recall as a kid seeing the depictions of the muscle-man walking on the coastline, soaking in the admiration and reverence of the women to the absolute disdain of the envious, underdeveloped men in the foreground.

From personal experience, I had significantly better success "getting noticed" after a few years of consistent weight-training, albeit nowhere near as big or conditioned as a professional or NPC national competitor.

Perhaps a point of diminishing returns in the eyes of society with respect to muscular development? Its a tragedy, because the professionals truly are more impressive and should command more respect than these fools touted for their bodies in crap publications like People!

Imo girls tend to love muscular guys. But not to the level the pros are today. Guys like Serge in his prime pretty much had what I would call the perfect blend of size and shape. Women get more repulsed by the level of conditioning. A line I often hear when women  look at a picture off really ripped pro ( after the eww hes way to big) is " that looks like it hurts". Referring to how ripped he is.

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2006, 03:17:15 PM »
Does anyone think this marriage is going to last?

A 40 something bodybuilder marrying a 20 something, well I don't know what she does but I do know it's not going to last.

I give it 2 years.

Not being mean, just realistic.

California is a 50/50 state, I hope he's smart and doesn't get married without a contract.

I don't think it will last, but not because of the age difference.

It's just how things go........

I'll say it again.........why does ANYONE bother with marriage. It's an old concept that is played out.
HAHA, RON.....

Mussolini

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2006, 03:18:05 PM »
Imo girls tend to love muscular guys. But not to the level the pros are today. Guys like Serge in his prime pretty much had what I would call the perfect blend of size and shape. Women get more repulsed by the level of conditioning. A line I often hear when women  look at a picture off really ripped pro ( after the eww hes way to big) is " that looks like it hurts". Referring to how ripped he is.

I agree. Women seem to like guys who are fairly lean and around 190-215 max.

shotgun on the team

Mussolini

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2006, 03:19:43 PM »
Well said.

I recall those same or similair depictions, but the muscular guy still looked human, like the Steeve Reeves look.
shotgun on the team

Colossus_1986

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2006, 03:26:14 PM »
Hey Chick...no traditional Italian wedding? All that great food man! CMON! how can you miss on that? Or did you invite Ronnie and Markus and worry they would scare all your relatives and scarf down all the food?! :D

body88

« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2006, 03:52:41 PM »

I agree. Women seem to like guys who are fairly lean and around 190-215 max.

Yep. I would say between 185 - 220 with about 10 percent b fat is ideal for most women. Say on about a 6 foot frame.