Author Topic: sick of the flex wheeler hype  (Read 7751 times)

disco_stu

• Getbig V
  • I'm a llama!
sick of the flex wheeler hype
« on: July 25, 2006, 02:31:18 AM »
the guy had great bis and tris and delts.

lats faded away from the front, not fantastic from the rear. great back double bi shot.

not the greatest quads ever, lacking sweep and mass. hams nothing to write home about. Calves, well what happened there...one day nothing, the next day, BAM! undefined, unflexable calves...

pecs were ok, but nothing spectacular by pro standards.

so how come all the hype?

apart from the beach body characitur-ish flare and unreal muscel bellies of arms and delts, i dont see the big deal.

compare to levrone who has the bis, tris, pecs, lats, quads, calves and hams...

compare to many others who dont have as glaring weaknesses.

with the calf implants, in my opinion that makes him ''ineligable'' for greatness.

the 93 Arnold awarded the show to him for dryness and good bodyparts and against the existing competition. Not the best competition and complete package. yet so many rave about that show.

context please.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
Re: sick of the flex wheeler hype
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2006, 02:36:23 AM »
my guess is that people find him sexy
 :-\
Z

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2006, 02:43:05 AM »
Isn't Flex supposed to be promoting a pro show in Fresno.  Ah too bad, another IFBB no show.

Bear

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2006, 03:33:55 AM »
If you're mentioning calves then delts and arms need a mention too, and still not as big as Ronnie's....

Slick Vic

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2006, 04:10:31 AM »
Here's your serving....  ;D

bigmikecox

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • SAY MY NAME!!!!
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2006, 04:22:23 AM »
just check out pics of Flex in 1993 and 1998.  No BBer has EVER come close to being that perfect.  I was in the crowd at both the 93 and 98 ASC, and i've never seen anything like that before.  Ronnie at the 98 O was great and again in 2003, but Flex was just sick.  I never thought a human being could look like that

gatrainer

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2006, 04:26:32 AM »

lats faded away from the front, not fantastic from the rear. great back double bi shot.

not the greatest quads ever, lacking sweep and mass. hams nothing to write home about. Calves, well what happened there...one day nothing, the next day, BAM! undefined, unflexable calves...

apart from the beach body characitur-ish flare and unreal muscel bellies of arms and delts, i dont see the big deal.

with the calf implants, in my opinion that makes him ''ineligable'' for greatness.

the 93 Arnold awarded the show to him for dryness and good bodyparts and against the existing competition. Not the best competition and complete package. yet so many rave about that show.

context please.

I think Flex and Lou got their calves at the same store

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2006, 04:37:45 AM »

context please.

Lost credibility when you declared his quads lacking sweep and mass, and his hams aren't great. His legs were pretty big for someone competing at 215-232. Plus they had double-striations, I can only think of one competitor now with those cuts and it is Darrem Charles. Flex's hams were full and round (look at the 93 Olympia as proof).

The hype was how he flowed together, the man wasn't the biggest, but it was how he looked.

And if Mike Matarazzo, Markus Ruhl, Darrem Charles, Jay Cutler, Gunter, and a host of said that they would rather have his shape....I think that speaks volumes to your question.   

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2006, 04:38:36 AM »
flex was never considered a mass monter, so coleman had a reason to dominate the olympia for the past 8yrs
Get Big, or Die Trying

Jake_W

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2006, 05:32:26 AM »

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • THE FLAG OF THE ZAPATISTA ARMY OF LIBERATION
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2006, 05:44:15 AM »
the guy was nothing special..flex wheeler sucked and he looked a like a scholl boy next to the big guys..he sucked i don't give a shit about his symmetry and stuff like that...he just won because of his fuckin hype..he was given more gifts than any one in bodybuilding today.he sucked and i still don't see y people say he was perfect..yeah he was a perfect shithead,asshole..
FLEX WAS TOO SMALL TO B EVEN CALLED AS A BODYBUILDER..THE MASS FREAKS MADE HIM LOOK LIKE A LITTLE BITCH...HE SUCKS
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

Slick Vic

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2006, 06:22:14 AM »
Flawless.... from A-Z

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2006, 06:25:47 AM »

context please.

Flex's hype is well earned and deserved even long after he's been retired. The guy is a multiple Arnold Classic winner. You can't really say that, dude. His symmetry was phenomenal and he was one of the very few who didn't have an HGH gut. A site all to farmiliar on pros now.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2006, 06:27:41 AM »
Incredible exaggerated lines,and packed so much size on small joints it probably hurt.his conditioning suffered though as he got heavier.but a hall of famer for sure if you consider that in bbing terms.

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2006, 06:27:59 AM »

context please.

if your sick then go to the doctor, we dont need you on here spreading germs like this >:(

Jake_W

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2006, 06:40:37 AM »

&search=Flex%20Wheeler%20

hardest core

• Getbig II
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2006, 06:55:11 AM »
You guys are delusional.

Flex was about as close as you could get to being symmetrically perfect.

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2006, 06:58:50 AM »
Sick of Flex Wheller Hype...dude did you just wake up from a coma you had in 1993 ??? hahaha

Welcome to 2006...btw....alot has changed.

Micheal Jackson Molested children
George Michael is gay
That OJ dude got away with murder
Princess Diana was killed by the paparazzi
JFK Jr. cant fly planes
and Clinton Got head
Oh yeah if you go to NYC, you wont see the towers either
The Owner of the Texas Rangers is the president of the USA, he stole the election twice
L

phyxsius

• Getbig V
  • Mini Getbigger
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2006, 07:09:12 AM »
Sick of Flex Wheller Hype...dude did you just wake up from a coma you had in 1993 ??? hahaha

George Michael is gay
JFK Jr. cant fly planes
and Clinton Got head
The Owner of the Texas Rangers is the president of the USA, he stole the election twice

Hahahha..
I am a mini beast

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2006, 07:25:23 AM »

context please.

What???... are you FUCKING RETARDED or something??...Or do you just want to start some kind of argument here? If you have fallen that far out of focus for the sport then there is always CROCHETING, KNITTING, MACREME, NEEDLEPOINT or some other activity for the BLIND like yourself. Flex had one of the BEST BODIES ever and was one of the BEST POSERS EVER!!! and certainly if there was a person who should have one the Olympia it should have ben him, but her like some others were over looked, overlooked, overlooked...
C

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2006, 07:38:47 AM »

George Michael is gay
JFK Jr. cant fly planes
and Clinton Got head

hahahaha.

stomper

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2006, 07:41:06 AM »
flex is and will be one of the best bb'ers ever...

jem123

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2006, 12:55:31 PM »

context please.

One of the more ridiculous posts I've seen in recent months.

corinth

• Getbig IV
  • Team Wolf
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2006, 01:17:34 PM »
I think someone is just trying to start another 300 page long post. What's next, a post saying Ronnie really isn't that big?

gatrainer

• Getbig III
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2006, 01:31:08 PM »