Author Topic: Dexter Jackson on New MD Cover!  (Read 9519 times)

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
Re: Dexter Jackson on New MD Cover!
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2006, 10:57:45 AM »

you live in Holland, Mars?

That explains my crappy english ;D

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2006, 11:07:12 AM »
That explains my crappy english ;D

but doesn't really explain your scrawniness!  ;D
just push some weight!

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2006, 11:28:33 AM »
No it doesn't ;D

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2006, 11:34:50 AM »
FLEX is better than MD.  better articles and pics.  MD is all ads, silly cartoons, and stupid columns that the pro's answer the same questions each month.

they have flex wheeler conduct interviews and write reports and he's a fucking idiot.  stop using the word "dawg". 

the only reason people like MD is bc they thing they are hardcore and like the drugs in MD.  we all know bbers use drugs, but just bc there is some drug infor, doesnt mean its a good mag overall.  buy a fucking science journal if you want all the drug talk. 

also, the black and white morphed photos look real good.   :P

I know.......Like reading about drugs is going to make you bigger.......hahahahahah aha..........it's "hardcore" info..............oooooh .

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2006, 12:24:39 PM »
my point was that just bc MD has some drug infor and FLEX does not, doesnt make it a better mag overall. 
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL ABBOTT (1966-2004)

jem123

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2006, 12:34:45 PM »
you need to put Toney Freeman on the cover................... ....

Spot on. Toney is going to have a very big 12 months and start making a real impact. ;)

Slick Vic

« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2006, 12:46:34 PM »
Hey Vic...you are completely wrong about that...a hundred of those pages arent just ads...get your facts straight...it's about 300 pages that are ads.
My bad.  :D

Crusher

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2006, 01:07:44 PM »
Why does every month that Bleckman starts this thread releasing the latest cover of MD that it becomes a MD VS Flex bash?  He didn't say anything about Flex or that MD is better than Flex.  Who cares?  It should be props to Dexter Jackson for getting an awesome cover!

gatrainer

• Getbig III
« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2006, 01:14:38 PM »
Hey Vic...you are completely wrong about that...a hundred of those pages arent just ads...get your facts straight...it's about 300 pages that are ads.

Still the only BB mag worth buying. I just wish he'd lose the Cormier, Henry and the god-awful Badell collumn. Brutally comical...you got Henry claiming how big and strong he is in every issue with a reference to the Hammer Strength Incline Press...you got Gustavo with his arrogance about how he wouldnt ever fathom and looks down upon anyone who would use a belt or take a day off from the gym to rest or use lifting straps or PRETEND like he has never heard of Skip LaCour...fkn phony and then you got Cormier...well...exactly!

The Weekend w/ Ronnie is kind of gay...Ron Harris knows how to stretch out an article.

I do like the writing of John Romano and Dave Palumbo though...however...despi te what Romano says...Louie is still a fkn TOOL.
And who gives a flying fvck about the guys that Palumbo was banging in jail.  If I want to pay to see inmates pump up I would just...........(use your own clever whit here)

scribbler

• Getbig II
  • whatever
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2006, 05:24:04 PM »
Why does every month that Bleckman starts this thread releasing the latest cover of MD that it becomes a MD VS Flex bash?  He didn't say anything about Flex or that MD is better than Flex.  Who cares?  It should be props to Dexter Jackson for getting an awesome cover!

I think the fact that your roofline insinuates that MD is going to buy FLEX opens up that discussion, as if that wasn't the intention. Though it would be nice if people who wanted to buy FLEX bought FLEX and people who wanted to buy MD did so also.

Thanks Romano (everyone knows who you are)
CD
M&F & FLEX

JMentis

• Pros
  • Getbig III
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2006, 07:16:37 PM »
Once again MD puts another one of thier guys on the cover.

SAME OLD SHIT !

and your problem is???
JM

RealityCheck

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2006, 07:24:20 PM »
Steve I buy MD every month and if you are interested here is my feedback.

You need more female bodybuilders in your magazine. I don't see how putting them in is going to hurt you, and can only benefit you. Some of us like female BBers and where else can we see them in print?

Lee - best column by a mile
Dexter - Great column
Cormier - Great column
Victor - a bit boring
Badell - I like it he is dedicated
Chris Cook - gone now thank god it was crap
Palumbo - awesome
That Black guy that got 5th in Shawns show - boring as - didn't deserve that placing
David Henry - boring

It's a great mag keep it up.

You should add a Bob Chic bashing column for good measure ;)

phyxsius

• Getbig V
  • Mini Getbigger
« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2006, 07:46:14 PM »
Bullshit.. Dexter decided to join Mr. O this year is because the Rhallenge Round is not going to affect the overall standing.. Else he would again lose to Gustavo "100% natural" Badell
I am a mini beast

Crusher

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2006, 08:07:54 PM »
I think the fact that your roofline insinuates that MD is going to buy FLEX opens up that discussion, as if that wasn't the intention. Though it would be nice if people who wanted to buy FLEX bought FLEX and people who wanted to buy MD did so also.

Thanks Romano (everyone knows who you are)

It's so funny some of you think I'm Romano.  He thinks it's funny too.  So does Jimmy Mentis.

JMentis

• Pros
  • Getbig III
« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2006, 08:18:42 PM »
It's so funny some of you think I'm Romano.  He thinks it's funny too.  So does Jimmy Mentis.

no i don't....i  personally don't care who you are if you don't post with your real name.
JM

phyxsius

• Getbig V
  • Mini Getbigger
« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2006, 08:20:54 PM »
no i don't....i  personally don't care who you are if you don't post with your real name.
hhaha

The truth is out.. OWNED
I am a mini beast

Crusher

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2006, 08:22:47 PM »

Yes, you do!  

phyxsius

• Getbig V
  • Mini Getbigger
« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2006, 08:26:43 PM »
Yes, you do! 

Monster desperate in seeking attention
I am a mini beast

JMentis

• Pros
  • Getbig III
« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2006, 08:27:35 PM »
Monster desperate in seeking attention

ok Melissa ..I do...feel better???? goodnight sweetheart!!!
JM

Crusher

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2006, 08:28:43 PM »
ok Melissa ..I do...feel better???? goodnight sweetheart!!!

Goodnight sweetie :-*

JMentis

• Pros
  • Getbig III
« Reply #45 on: July 25, 2006, 08:30:53 PM »
Goodnight sweetie :-*

Now..where were we?
JM

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
« Reply #46 on: July 26, 2006, 11:33:10 AM »
and your problem is???

Problem is that when I first got in to bodybuilding I would rush out every month to buy the new MD.  Now it is getting boring with the same guys on the covers, the same old color the same headings, is is all getting old.
Now I find my self buy Flex, which I used to never do.

HERACLES

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: July 26, 2006, 11:55:29 AM »
I was so happy when Dexter told me he'd decided to do the Olympia.  I know that was a tough decision, considering he still has a bitter taste in his mouth, but I think it was the right one because I think he'll do well.  The judges have been rewarding the smaller aesthetic physiques in 2006, including Phil Heath, Colorado Pro and NY Pro winner, Ironman winner Lee Priest and runner up David Henry and Australian Pro champion Ronny Rockel.  Who knows what could happen?  Ronnie could come in off, or Jay might not be at his best - and let's not forget, Dexter has beaten Jay before!

And let me tell you, the Dexter you're going to see at the Olympia is going to be a Dexter you have never seen before.  Training three days a week is a thing of the past.  Dexter's training harder than he's ever trained before with Marcus Haley - a hardcore, heavy lifting, pro bodybuilder trying to qualify for the O.

Training with Marcus you're going to see a Dexter as good or better than his all-time best.  I predict this will be his all-time best.  He's got no distractions, he's training heavy with a serious training partner who's got the eye of the tiger himself.  Dexter told me he's never been pushed like this.  And that's exactly what Dexter needs, because he hasn't reached his full potential yet.  He's an untapped genetic freak.  He's a mutant freak who never trained as hard as this in his life.  Right now, he's ranked third in the world and he's beaten Jay before.  Who knows?  Ronnie and Jay have to control their guts, so this could be a surprise.  What if Dexter comes in bigger than ever, in his best condition, with that tiny waist?  He could do damage.

Although it is exciting Dexter will be competing, he needs to "get over it" and deal with dissapointments as all the other top pros have.

He has an amazing physique and he should become a common face now at the Mr O.

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #48 on: July 26, 2006, 12:57:24 PM »

Dexter looks great on the cover. MD has come a long way into become and vying for the top place in the hardbore bodybuilding magazine world. Flex and MD are neck in neck now, each has their own postives and negatives.

In the last few issues though, Ironman has started to cover a lot more hardbodre bodybuilding and lots more pictures too, bring back to track that magazine, since it lost some focus last year a little. And MuscleMag, although covering some items here and there, still is a good read.

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #49 on: July 26, 2006, 01:30:41 PM »
Cool. Now for the love of all - STOP LETTING VALENTINO TYPE IN ALL CAPS and stop running reversed type on black pages.

Oh and send FLEX Wheeler to a photography class.

;)
Elevate Your Image.™