Author Topic: West Palm Beach IFBB Figure & Fitness Pro - Oct. 7th  (Read 12472 times)

hardlyhard

• Getbig II
Re: West Palm Beach IFBB Figure & Fitness Pro - Oct. 7th
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2006, 12:35:19 PM »
Just joining back up after a brief hiatus from the boards. 

I am a little stunned by this change in prize money.  Is this going to happen at the Olympia, and Arnold as well?  What is the message here?  I am beginning to think "Fitness" is involved in the wrong business.

Fitness is much harder division than any of the three.  It requires much more talent,training and much more diversity and therefore should be reflected in the prize money.

Im going to venture out and certainly piss some people off  . . but here it goes:

as a bodybuilder, not professional of course . .  I train for an "event" but not an "athletic" one  . . .its more a demonstration of "aesthetics".   I dont see myself actually competing as an athlete.  Im competing for the best structure, mass and diet ability:  on show day, I do not ACtUALLY demonstrate ANY athletic skills used in training.  If that were the case, I guess I would be a powerlifter or other.

The IFBB calls all their pros "athletes" but in all honesty, the only athletic skills actually demonstrated during an event are by fitness women.  Of the three divisions, fitness is the only one that actually performs the same activities done during training.  This by comparison to any other sport under the sun is what I call an "athlete". 

Now you take an actual athlete and punish them by demoting them in prize money.  Its bad enough that the proper flooring is not provided.  Thats like telling the NFL that they need to start playing on concrete because they are too lazy or too stupid to provide flooring.  Now the money, what little money is offered, is lowering.  Is this only the beginning?  Foolish organization.  Killing off, one by one, the thing that entertains crowds the most. 

Guess what we have to look forward to in the world of Bodybuilding:  quarter turns. thousands of them.  God, I Cant wait. 

Fitness women, chin up.  Some day a group may actually respect you and provide athletic compensation and endorsements that represent your training and work offorts.  The IFBB is a foolish group with all the divisions.  Especially fitness. 

HardyHard

Militia-Men

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2006, 04:54:48 PM »
$1000 for suits?  Is that for each suit or the total cost for the 2 or 3 that the girls need?
Damn, the only people I see making the $$$ are the suit makers and not the "pro athletes".   :-[

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2006, 05:01:48 PM »
$1000 for suits?  Is that for each suit or the total cost for the 2 or 3 that the girls need?
Damn, the only people I see making the $$$ are the suit makers and not the "pro athletes".   :-[
That is for each suit and some pros have spent up to 4-5k on their suits.

Elevate Your Image.™

Militia-Men

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2006, 06:58:09 PM »
That is so wrong  :-[
What is wrong with the girls just wearing plain coloured suits without all the glitter and fuss, and dropping out the one piece round too?

I think the girls would find it much easier on their pockets, as well as having no added stress in trying to out do each other with "who has the best decorated costumes".  The physique rounds are supposed to be about judging the body and not who has the prettier suit.
It's a shame that they feel the need to spend so much money on suits that they will probably only wear once, and even for the girls that do win or place high - it looks like they need to spend more to look good on stage than what they can win with prize money.

I say bring in plain coloured and a standard cut posing suit for the competitors.  I'm sure they would appreciate not having the added expense of costumes added to their already high cost of needs for competing. 

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2006, 07:26:45 PM »
I say bring in plain coloured and a standard cut posing suit for the competitors.  I'm sure they would appreciate not having the added expense of costumes added to their already high cost of needs for competing. 
Standard cut suits wouldn't work as every physique is different and a cut on one competitor wouldn't work on another.

It's like any other hobby or activity you choose to participate in. People who bike have expensive bikes, people who golf spend money on clubs, people who fish spend money on boats and fishing rods. I'm sure the women would like to spend less, who wouldn't?

Elevate Your Image.™

JKDMan

• Getbig IV
  • The G.O.A.T.
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2006, 06:04:49 PM »
That is so wrong  :-[
What is wrong with the girls just wearing plain coloured suits without all the glitter and fuss, and dropping out the one piece round too?

;)
Lee

Dina

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2006, 02:00:27 PM »
i want to see the thong round personally

JKDMan

• Getbig IV
  • The G.O.A.T.
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2006, 06:53:37 PM »
i want to see the thong round personally
Not more than I do, sweetheart. There are a few figure and fitness pros capable of giving a healthy guy like me heart palpitations should they introduce a thong round. ;D
Lee

Michelle Adams

• Pros
  • Getbig I
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2006, 06:50:24 PM »
uhum.....and who might that be????

Mavis T.

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig Pro
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2006, 05:17:36 AM »
Anyone know who plans to compete in this show?  I'll be competing.....don't have to fly anywhere for this one!
mavistozzi.com

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2006, 06:02:20 AM »
Anyone know who plans to compete in this show?  I'll be competing.....don't have to fly anywhere for this one!
Very cool.  I'll see you there Mavis.  :)  I live minutes from City Place.
:D Weee

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2006, 07:29:18 AM »
I talked to John last week and he said the show continues to add more and more names. It sounds like a number of women will be competing at this one. When there is a final list I'll post it.

Elevate Your Image.™

JKDMan

• Getbig IV
  • The G.O.A.T.
« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2006, 12:16:43 PM »
uhum.....and who might that be????
Michelle, Michelle...As you know I am the newly self-appointed prez of the MAFC  ;D , as well as my on-going duties as the SMFC prez, so do I really need to answer this?  :P Add Ms. Wallis and Mrs. Brant to a "thong round" and as we say in Jersey, fuggehdaboudit. I'd likely pass out in the aisle. Too bad I can't make it to Vegas, but you know how busy I am.

Hey Michelle, go Gamecocks! We're 2-1, and I'm catchin' the fever every weekend here!  :D

Lee

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2006, 12:40:48 PM »
The latest poster for the event...
Elevate Your Image.™

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
Re: Prize Money: West Palm Beach Pro
« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2006, 06:41:12 PM »
Pro Quality Suits:  $1,000 and above each (there are two suits)
MAC make up (or top level stage make up):  $200 minimum
Bottles of stage competition tan products:  $50 minimum
Tanning sessions leading up to the show:  $300 minimum
Airfare:  $300 and up
Lodging:  $450 and up
Shoes:  $50 and up
Haircuts and highlights all year long:  $200 and up per trip
Nails:  $75 and up per trip
Waxing:  $25 and up per trip
Miscellaneous beauty products/processes to protect hair, skin, face all year long:  $100 to $200 per month minimum
Travel to and from airport (both at hometown and contest venue city):  $200 approximately (depending upon the city)
Grocery bill for the show:  $300 and up (much of the food is wasted because you always bring extra)
Grocery bill leading up to the show:  $400 per month and up
Cost of being a pro:  $200 (or did it rise?)
Supplements (legal):  $100 per month or more
Supplements (illegal):  Who knows...maybe someone can fill this space in, but I have a feeling it's more than the legal ones.
Jewelry for shows:  $100 and up
Clothing and accessories for photo shoots:  $500 and up
Emotional duress:  Can we really put a price on this?

Being eighty years old and running hands over a wrinkled body and once remembering a time when everything defied gravity and the body was harder than your dentures, even harder than your now brittle and osteoporatic bones:  Priceless.
jodles, you look great but i think you are spending a bit much on the hair and nails 8)

legbreaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2006, 12:24:42 PM »
she thinks she's a supastar....hair and makeup...gimme a break....half of the stuff on that list EVERY girl does...accesories for shoots???  if a guy/girl competitor is good they would PAY YOU.    Nothing against her but this is ridiculous.

Lorie Kimes

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2006, 07:51:36 AM »

Who is going to compete????
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I might be there have not made my final decision yet?!?!

God bless,
Lorie Kimes

angelfit

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2006, 01:15:55 PM »
 ???  any word on the competitors list yet ??  ;)
considering the trip , just curious who's showing up on stage ! :) ;D ;) :D

artielange

• Getbig I
« Reply #43 on: October 08, 2006, 12:47:33 PM »
Anyone know the full results of the show or where I can see the results and pics?