Author Topic: West Palm Beach IFBB Figure & Fitness Pro - Oct. 7th  (Read 12470 times)

fdlwaide

• Pros
  • Getbig II
West Palm Beach IFBB Figure & Fitness Pro - Oct. 7th
« on: July 25, 2006, 05:06:01 PM »
I was at Bridgette's house today and saw her invite for the West Palm Beach Pro which lists the prize money for figure as $15,000 and fitness $8,000 with 5 Olympia qualifications for figure and only 3 for fitness.  Does anyone know the breakdown?  Is figure now getting more prize money than fitness?  I am so out of loop!  Has this been for a while and I just missed it?  And with so many more figure shows on the schedule than fitness, why would they be qualifiying MORE figure girls? 

JediKnight

• Getbig IV
Re: Prize Money: West Palm Beach Pro
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2006, 06:37:07 PM »
that sure is low prize money,,,15,000 dollars,,thats it,it cost more to prep for a show

legbreaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2006, 09:19:52 PM »
If it coast more than 15,000 to prep for a figure show than you should take up a different sport.  SAside from suits and costume accessories it should cost no more than a weekly food bill and some nutritional supplements for 12 weeks....if the girls uses anything else than add a LITTLE bit more than that but it shouldn't be much.  What else do you actually spend money on?  I've competed in BB as a man and never spent more than 1000 for extras after food. 

Dina

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2006, 06:16:33 AM »
suits!

Julie Lohre

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • www.julielohre.com
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2006, 06:27:51 AM »
I recieved the invite as well, and I read it as - Top 3 in Fitness split $8,000 (usually 1st - $4000, 2nd - $3,000, 3rd - $1000) and Top 5 in Figure split $15,000.  The O invites are still just for Top 3 in both fitness & figure - they just have extended the money out to 5th for Figure.  Now, it would be nice for fitness too, but I guess there are less of us  ;)
Julie

www.JulieLohre.com

Jodi

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • INBA Professional Competitor
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2006, 06:47:38 AM »
Pro Quality Suits:  $1,000 and above each (there are two suits)
MAC make up (or top level stage make up):  $200 minimum
Bottles of stage competition tan products:  $50 minimum
Tanning sessions leading up to the show:  $300 minimum
Airfare:  $300 and up
Lodging:  $450 and up
Shoes:  $50 and up
Haircuts and highlights all year long:  $200 and up per trip
Nails:  $75 and up per trip
Waxing:  $25 and up per trip
Miscellaneous beauty products/processes to protect hair, skin, face all year long:  $100 to $200 per month minimum
Travel to and from airport (both at hometown and contest venue city):  $200 approximately (depending upon the city)
Grocery bill for the show:  $300 and up (much of the food is wasted because you always bring extra)
Grocery bill leading up to the show:  $400 per month and up
Cost of being a pro:  $200 (or did it rise?)
Supplements (legal):  $100 per month or more
Supplements (illegal):  Who knows...maybe someone can fill this space in, but I have a feeling it's more than the legal ones.
Jewelry for shows:  $100 and up
Clothing and accessories for photo shoots:  $500 and up
Emotional duress:  Can we really put a price on this?

Being eighty years old and running hands over a wrinkled body and once remembering a time when everything defied gravity and the body was harder than your dentures, even harder than your now brittle and osteoporatic bones:  Priceless.
Jodi

fdlwaide

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2006, 09:58:27 AM »
Julie,

Correct me if I am wrong but I believe on the invite it does actually say that the top 5 in figure qualify for the O.

So do the top three in figure get the same amount or more than the top three in fitness?  I know at one time fitness got more prize money...just curious!

fdlwaide

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2006, 01:22:57 PM »
Oh and ps. leg breaker...

It "coasts" me about 6 grand for my last competition.

Just a little "extra" after all my food costs.

legbreaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2006, 01:37:44 PM »
Pro Quality Suits:  $1,000 and above each (there are two suits)
MAC make up (or top level stage make up):  $200 minimum
Bottles of stage competition tan products:  $50 minimum
Tanning sessions leading up to the show:  $300 minimum
Airfare:  $300 and up
Lodging:  $450 and up
Shoes:  $50 and up
Haircuts and highlights all year long:  $200 and up per trip
Nails:  $75 and up per trip
Waxing:  $25 and up per trip
Miscellaneous beauty products/processes to protect hair, skin, face all year long:  $100 to $200 per month minimum
Travel to and from airport (both at hometown and contest venue city):  $200 approximately (depending upon the city)
Grocery bill for the show:  $300 and up (much of the food is wasted because you always bring extra)
Grocery bill leading up to the show:  $400 per month and up
Cost of being a pro:  $200 (or did it rise?)
Supplements (legal):  $100 per month or more
Supplements (illegal):  Who knows...maybe someone can fill this space in, but I have a feeling it's more than the legal ones.
Jewelry for shows:  $100 and up
Clothing and accessories for photo shoots:  $500 and up
Emotional duress:  Can we really put a price on this?

Being eighty years old and running hands over a wrinkled body and once remembering a time when everything defied gravity and the body was harder than your dentures, even harder than your now brittle and osteoporatic bones:  Priceless.

I gotta add that I did say up top that aside from suits and accessories

The suits are 1000 now?  That's ridiculous!  A few years ago a girl well known and used by the competitors was making them for under 300 or so.  Where do you get your tanning products?  I'm a 265 contest BB and maybe go through almost 2 bottles...if that of pro tan and it ALWAYS looked perfect.  Contest tanning 300 dollars?  I tan for a month before the show and pay about 75 bucks for the whole month, unlimited...any more than that and I would have been fried.  That was in Boca raton....not a cheap place.  Legal nutrition supps where just a normal part of my life anyway and I never used any fat burners or any of the B.S. fancy stuff...and always got in the best condition. Illegal supplements..I don't know, how much did it cost you for your last show?LoL...I'm just kiddin with ya I know your natural.     Eating is eating and our lifestyle so I don't add in that...it's actually cheaper than off season.  Haircuts and highlites, lol....ya gotta be kidding, what else are ya gonna do not get your hair cut?  Everyone does that.  Miscellaneous beauty products...same thing, that's ones choice and part of your normal life.  Clothing and accessories for shoots....maybe you should try to get the shoots to pay you.  I would never, ever do any shoots for free.  I've done advertising winning ads for Tk Star and many other mag spots and ads throughout my BB and always got paid to do it.....If your doing the shoots for your own personal use then you shouldn't add in the fee because it is NOT mandatory.  

legbreaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2006, 01:42:25 PM »
Oh and ps. leg breaker...

It "coasts" me about 6 grand for my last competition.

Just a little "extra" after all my food costs.

That's much to much...how did you do?  What is this a spelling class.

legbreaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2006, 01:53:26 PM »
Here on Cynthia james web site she has listed a suit like a Jen hendershott (sp) wore for 350 and an couple others like ones worn by other pro girls, Adela F and another one for 2 something.  TShe does have the 850 and up ones but obviously if ya got the goods(physique) it don't much matter does it?

Suits....expensive
Award winning physique.....only Hard work, ya can't buy it.

Mavis T.

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig Pro
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2006, 08:06:12 AM »
Spoke to John Organ, the promoter of the Palm Beach Pro Figure and Fitness Show...he said top three in Figure and top three in Fitness qualify for the Olympia.  Prize breakdown is as follows:
Figure:  1st, $6000
           2nd, $4000
           3rd, $2500
           4th, $1500
           5th, $1000

Fitness: 1st, $4000
            2nd, $2500
            3rd, $1500
mavistozzi.com

Dina

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
IFBB Palm Beach Pro Open Info
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2006, 08:16:42 PM »
IFBB Palm Beach Pro Open, Oct. 7th, 2006, to all ifbb figure and fitness pro's, ,

floridias first pro figure and fitness competition (figure 5 places $ 15,000) first place getting 6000,  and for fitness it is 3 places 8,000 total winning money for them.
olympia qualification for the following year and it is one week after the olympia. 
website,, IFBBPalmBeachPro.com
host hotel, marriott, wst palm beach 800-376-2292 $109 per night,,

to view city place and venue,, arriet himmel theater. go to www.cityplace.com contact info john organ email is bambjop@aol.com  and his home phone is 561-582-4111

Rick Lohre

• Getbig II
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2006, 11:32:34 AM »
While the prize money for Fitness is good overall, I still don't get why it is higher in Figure and pays out to top 5. 

I am happy for the women overall as this is great prize money and it is a positive progress towards bringing more to the table for the women athletes.  However I think it's a bad sign for Fitness if this becomes the trend.

There are a heck of a lot more women in Figure, but it seems as though there is a disparity in the prize money....Why not equal? 

It seems that it has always been asked in the past (myself included)..."Why are the women's prizes smaller than the Men's?"  Now I ask, "Why are the women at differing levels of prize money at this show?  Is figure that much more of a marketable sport/draw for attendance?"  If it is, so be it I guess.... :(

Just so you don't think I'm coming across all negative....

I applaud the promoter for including Fitness in the show.   ;D  There were, as of last year, very few shows to chose from in Fitness.  With Chad and Kim's recent addition...and now this one, Fitness athletes have more of a chance to compete.  Let's keep the Fitness competitions coming. 

Maybe someone can convince Mr. Manion to bring back IFBB Fitness to the Pittsburgh show???

Rick Lohre
www.lohrecreative.com

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2006, 03:41:54 PM »
I was at Bridgette's house today and saw her invite for the West Palm Beach Pro which lists the prize money for figure as $15,000 and fitness $8,000 with 5 Olympia qualifications for figure and only 3 for fitness.  Does anyone know the breakdown?  Is figure now getting more prize money than fitness?  I am so out of loop!  Has this been for a while and I just missed it?  And with so many more figure shows on the schedule than fitness, why would they be qualifiying MORE figure girls? 
Where?  When?  I am in West Palm and this is the first I heard of it.  Can you give us some details please?

Thanks fdlwaide!  :)
:D Weee

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2006, 04:12:17 PM »
It is ONLY a pro show and is held the weekend AFTER the Olympia. There will be no amatuer show attached to it. Adela and Valerie will be there but not competing. I spoke with John, the promoter, a great deal this weekend at USAs. The stage will be smaller then most pro shows as a note to the fitness competitors. He is working on all the details. Any pro who is interested should contact the IFBB office to receive a contract.

I am planning on attending this show, should be a nice addition.

Isaac
Elevate Your Image.™

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2006, 02:59:13 AM »
... but it seems as though there is a disparity in the prize money....Why not equal? 

Numbers, my man, numbers.

I remember a time not too long ago when (almost) no one wanted to defend women's pro bodybuilding when it came under attack. 

And now, the shoe is on a different foot. 

Moving on, there's no need for the figure to pay double the fitness payout.  If what you guys say about there being no amateur show is true, then the vast majority of the onstage talent will be out-of-towners.  That means 2 things:

1) no friends buying tickets
2) no family buying tickets

Since we don't have the bikini division yet (stay tuned!), the main entertainment will be the pro fitness women.  A promoter should want to draw the best fitness competitors possible, so he should sweeten the pot as much as possible for them. 

That being said, good luck to everyone.

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2006, 10:12:36 AM »
It is ONLY a pro show and is held the weekend AFTER the Olympia. There will be no amatuer show attached to it. Adela and Valerie will be there but not competing. I spoke with John, the promoter, a great deal this weekend at USAs. The stage will be smaller then most pro shows as a note to the fitness competitors. He is working on all the details. Any pro who is interested should contact the IFBB office to receive a contract.

I am planning on attending this show, should be a nice addition.

Isaac

I asked because I live by West Palm Beach and hadn't seen any flyers or anything regarding it.  Where is it to be held?

Mavis T.

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig Pro
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2006, 07:22:26 PM »
Cheri..it's at the Harriet Himmel Theater at CityPlace - Sat., Oct. 7th.

www.ifbbpalmbeachpro.com
mavistozzi.com

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2006, 07:44:23 PM »
Cheri..it's at the Harriet Himmel Theater at CityPlace - Sat., Oct. 7th.

www.ifbbpalmbeachpro.com

Thanks Mavis.  I love City Place!  :)

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2006, 11:07:25 PM »
Here is the current version of the show flyer from the promoter...

Elevate Your Image.™

fdlwaide

• Pros
  • Getbig II
Re: West Palm Beach IFBB Figure & Fitness Pro - Oct. 7th
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2006, 08:04:24 PM »
And P.S. the stage is 10x30

Which I guess is actually good news girls cause that means you could probably just practice in your bathroom and that would suffice.  Saves you that extra trip to the gym.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2006, 08:51:43 PM »
And P.S. the stage is 10x30

Which I guess is actually good news girls cause that means you could probably just practice in your bathroom and that would suffice.  Saves you that extra trip to the gym.

*CLASSIC*!!

DonDan

• Getbig II
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2006, 02:12:33 PM »
While the prize money for Fitness is good overall, I still don't get why it is higher in Figure and pays out to top 5. 

I am happy for the women overall as this is great prize money and it is a positive progress towards bringing more to the table for the women athletes.  However I think it's a bad sign for Fitness if this becomes the trend.

There are a heck of a lot more women in Figure, but it seems as though there is a disparity in the prize money....Why not equal? 

It seems that it has always been asked in the past (myself included)..."Why are the women's prizes smaller than the Men's?"  Now I ask, "Why are the women at differing levels of prize money at this show?  Is figure that much more of a marketable sport/draw for attendance?"  If it is, so be it I guess.... :(

Just so you don't think I'm coming across all negative....

I applaud the promoter for including Fitness in the show.   ;D  There were, as of last year, very few shows to chose from in Fitness.  With Chad and Kim's recent addition...and now this one, Fitness athletes have more of a chance to compete.  Let's keep the Fitness competitions coming. 

Maybe someone can convince Mr. Manion to bring back IFBB Fitness to the Pittsburgh show???

Rick Lohre
www.lohrecreative.com

Don't rock the boat Rick. Next thing you know they'll be low placing Julie. Oh and by the way, they're doing to fitness what they've been doing to FBB's. It ain't nice is it!

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2006, 11:04:14 AM »
Way to go having more prize money for figure than fitness!!!!!!!!!!

It's not like fitness routines are more entertaining than quarter turns or require greater amounts of training/preparation or anything like that ::)

Like Rick said, it is great to see the promoter having fitness and I do appreciate that so I don't mean to sound all negative....but I would have liked to have seen equal prize money.