Author Topic: this will be the last mr o compettition  (Read 6188 times)

anvil

• Getbig IV
Re: this will be the last mr o compettition
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2006, 07:44:36 AM »
The Olympia isn't going anywhere.  The gov't could care less because there isn't enough money in bodybuilding for anyone to give a shit.  If it had the kind of money and fanbase that baseball does, then someone would look into it.  Pro bodybuilders will be free to destroy their health and lives for many years to come  8)

Swedish Viking

• Getbig IV
  • http://plunkan.blogspot.com/
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2006, 09:55:24 AM »
I wouldn't doubt this in the least.  I think there will be a lot of changes in the near future regarding things of this nature.  Unfortunately, I think most of them will be for the worst.  You can't strip people of their inherent rights in an attempt to not get them to do something.  I think a better approach would be to allow the drugs to play themselves out of the game, like they already have been doing-ie:some people taking them to an extreme and a growing number of people learning from those people's lessons and creating a demand for drug free sporting.  Just my opinion.

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2006, 11:05:01 AM »
i cant imagine that the government cares about bodybuilding or even recognzies it as a sport.   why would they waste their time on it? 
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL ABBOTT (1966-2004)

I ETA PI

• Getbig III
  • TAPPA KEGGA BREW!
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2006, 11:34:34 AM »
i cant imagine that the government cares about bodybuilding or even recognzies it as a sport.   why would they waste their time on it? 

Please don't underestimate what the government will waste there time on.

benchthis

• Getbig V
  • operation deep throat
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2006, 11:36:51 AM »

second best post of the day

bcrizzy

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2006, 11:52:08 AM »
path of least resistance and the fact that bodybuilders are the biggest "obvious" abusers of the drugs

bcrizzy

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2006, 11:53:20 AM »
so so true

Adam Empire

• Getbig IV
  • Gobias Industries
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2006, 03:38:10 PM »
there is a reformation of the steroid act that will go b4 congress in the next few weeks. it will carry extremely stiff penalties for trafficking and or using steroids(even small amounts for personal use). the penalties will be so severe (years in prison for even minute amounts) that steroids will be even more expensive.the ifbb or any organization that supports steroid use will be subject to severe penalties as well.

Where is a link to read this reformation?  Who is introducing it?  If it is happening in a few weeks - it really isn't new news as these things can take a while to draft.
Motherboy (the band).

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2006, 05:00:11 PM »
The Olympia isn't going anywhere.  The gov't could care less because there isn't enough money in bodybuilding for anyone to give a shit.  If it had the kind of money and fanbase that baseball does, then someone would look into it.  Pro bodybuilders will be free to destroy their health and lives for many years to come  8)
tom prince almost died for you bitches

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2006, 05:49:36 PM »
What if the IFBB got screwed (for any reason legal or mis-management)...

"Karma."

ASC will rule and I think they will run BBing under no federation (depending on legal issues; if any)

The key to success is to establish your group as a non-profit.  I'm currently looking into this myself.   ;)

The Freakshow

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Jeremiah 29:11-13
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2006, 06:21:35 PM »
I Dugg that: http://www.digg.com/politics/U_S_CONTINUES_TO_BE_WORLD_LEADER_IN_RATE_OF_INCARCERATION

That's because the United States is too liberal and SOFT on crime! You try to do rape, rob or murder someone in another country and they straight just KILL you!

We say, come spend some time a Club Fed.

The Freakshow

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Jeremiah 29:11-13
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2006, 06:23:44 PM »
The key to success is to establish your group as a non-profit.  I'm currently looking into this myself.   ;)
[/quote]

Serious question, Why do you feel that a non-profit business would be so much more successful?

bcrizzy

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2006, 07:07:52 AM »
Where is a link to read this reformation?  Who is introducing it?  If it is happening in a few weeks - it really isn't new news as these things can take a while to draft.
link? there is no link and its not something ur going to read about until its done

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2006, 07:14:23 AM »
Even if they make a low saying that drug user should be sentenced to be dead and all the bbers turn into naturals,  I believe still there are huge monsters there...
Dont ask me why. I just feel it.

Adam Empire

• Getbig IV
  • Gobias Industries
« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2006, 07:16:07 AM »
link? there is no link and its not something ur going to read about until its done

Oh yes, secret legislation.  So how are you so in the know then?  Digging through garbage cans again?
Motherboy (the band).

bcrizzy

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2006, 11:35:38 AM »
Oh yes, secret legislation.  So how are you so in the know then?  Digging through garbage cans again?
are u really so foolish as to believe every piece of legislation is reported about b4 its voted on...............

Adam Empire

• Getbig IV
  • Gobias Industries
« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2006, 01:44:04 PM »
are u really so foolish as to believe every piece of legislation is reported about b4 its voted on...............

You ignored my question.  Are you foolish enough to think I wouldn't notice?
Motherboy (the band).