Author Topic: microwave food kould kill you  (Read 8844 times)

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
microwave food kould kill you
« on: July 27, 2006, 07:11:11 PM »
did you know that if you microwave water then let it cool then feed it to a plant it dies. something to do with radiation or something else. i remember hearing about a girl that did a science project to prove this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A

Woten

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • jugs
Re: microwave food kould kill you
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2006, 07:13:41 PM »
did you know that if you microwave water then let it cool then feed it to a plant it dies. something to do with radiation or something else. i remember hearing about a girl that did a science project to prove this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

O'RLY?
rons acunt

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2006, 07:14:48 PM »
why don't you go try the experiment on yourself, if it doesn't kill you just shoot yourself.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

deeuu

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2006, 07:17:26 PM »

did you know................... that you cant spell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Slick Vic

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2006, 07:19:28 PM »
ummmm.... ooooookay.  ???

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2006, 07:21:07 PM »
I already took care of this subject months ago by posting a multi page report that couldn't fit in one post all because somone said to prove to them that microwaving can have long term health effects for various reasons. Apparently someone's microwave killed itself moments after reading the post ;D
I

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2006, 07:21:36 PM »

Damn! I got rid of my microwave a couple years ago because somebody told be that there is a device so radioactive inside the microwave that when you touch it, it can kill you.
just push some weight!

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2006, 07:24:03 PM »
Damn! I got rid of my microwave a couple years ago because somebody told be that there is a device so radioactive inside the microwave that when you touch it, it can kill you.

HAHAHA Funny joke ;D

Seriously that was a joke right................ ???
I

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2006, 07:35:11 PM »

HAHAHA Funny joke ;D

Seriously that was a joke right................ ???

Noo the guy that told him was repairing microwaves for 20+ years. So I am pretty sure its legid.
just push some weight!

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2006, 02:07:14 AM »
Mmmmmm....Thanx for this info.

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2006, 02:09:46 AM »
We've got some real science geniuses on this board. ::)
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2006, 04:07:54 AM »
During my personal training course, we were told not to microwave foods.

Lena

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2006, 08:08:38 AM »
I saw the same thing with the flower being given regular water and another given microwaved water...........and the the m.w flower/water DIED!! :-[
I'm still using my m/w , but maybe its time to consider stove again.....

Lena

buffbodz

• Getbig V
  • It's only a board
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2006, 08:27:54 AM »
For every article that miking food isn't good for you, there's another saying it all BS.  This one is a do not
http://www.relfe.com/microwave.html

I don't know but for now it's a necessity if I want how food at work.  Cold oatmeal doesn't make it.
6 meals lift heavy and 1/2 hr cardio

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2006, 08:32:08 AM »
For every article that miking food isn't good for you, there's another saying it all BS.  This one is a do not
http://www.relfe.com/microwave.html

I don't know but for now it's a necessity if I want how food at work.  Cold oatmeal doesn't make it.

pussy!
just push some weight!

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2006, 08:34:25 AM »
i micro wave everything. even chicken.and eggs.

no joke...try it.
d[-_-]b actin all cool

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2006, 08:35:35 AM »
i micro wave everything. even chicken.and eggs.

no joke...try it.

Will we get a nice clean shinny coat of skin like you after being exposed to radioactive waves?
just push some weight!

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2006, 08:43:35 AM »
elementary level discussion..hmm..last time I check this board is called" GOSSIP AND OPINIONS"
Get Big, or Die Trying

Kegdrainer

• Getbig IV
  • team yeah buddy
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2006, 09:23:48 AM »
i microwave water for tea all the time.  never had any ill effects from it.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2006, 09:24:03 AM »
elementary level discussion..hmm..last time I check this board is called" GOSSIP AND OPINIONS"

Thank you for the reminder chicken breast!
just push some weight!

yellowdog

• Getbig I
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2006, 10:43:01 AM »
Avoid Food Cooked at High Temperatures

Diabetics were studied to assess the difference between consuming a diet high in foods cooked at higher temperatures compared with foods cooked at lower temperatures. After six weeks, diabetics consuming the foods cooked at lower temperatures lost weight, and their blood glucose levels dropped. The group eating foods cooked at higher temperatures did not lose weight and had increased blood glucose levels. The number of calories and amounts of carbohydrates, proteins, and fats consumed were the same in both groups (Vlassara et al 2002).

Foods cooked at high temperature were fried, barbecued, broiled, or cooked in the microwave. While the worst culprits in the study were animal products, any food exposed to extreme high heat can scorch the natural sugars in food and create fat-inducing toxins. Foods often cooked in this way include many prepackaged foods that have been preserved, pasteurized, homogenized, or refined, such as white flour, cake mixes, dried milk, dried eggs, dairy products including pasteurized milk, and canned or frozen precooked meals (Vlassara et al 2002).

While it may be impossible to totally avoid foods cooked at high temperatures, it is possible to reduce exposure by changing the way food is prepared. Consider steaming, boiling, poaching, stewing, stir-frying, or using a slow cooker. These methods not only cook foods with a lower amount of heat, but they create more moisture during the cooking process. Water or moisture can help delay toxic reactions associated with higher-temperature cooking. Marinating foods in olive oil, cider vinegar, garlic, mustard, lemon juice, and dry wines can also help. Finally, consider making small dietary changes by adding more fresh fruits and raw and steamed vegetables to your diet.

In addition, eating foods cooked at lower temperatures was found to reduce the levels of other potentially harmful substances in the blood, including LDL, C-reactive protein, and pro-inflammatory cytokines. A six-week diet cooked at low temperatures caused a 33 percent reduction of LDL, while a diet cooked at high temperatures increased LDL by 32 percent (Vlassara et al 2002).

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2006, 11:22:52 AM »
This subject is so complicated I dont even know where to start explaining it.

But one of the most importent things to know is that radiation effects diffrent matters VERY diffrently.
As you all know microwaves are tuned to make thier radiation warm water the best.

This means water will be absorb all the energy the microwave shoots at it.Now the real question is what frequancy the radiation is emited out of the water and what is the frequancy the flower absord.

My guess its the same and thats why it was killed,but that means nothing regarding any other matter out there.

If anyone of you ever studied the basics of quantom physics you know what Im talking about.

HRDCOR

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2006, 03:33:24 PM »
To be honest WATER will kill you , if you did a survey on humans you would find that every human has drunk water at least once in there life's and all those humans die or will die, thus water being the common denominator in the cause of death !!!! :-\

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2006, 03:48:28 PM »
To be honest WATER will kill you , if you did a survey on humans you would find that every human has drunk water at least once in there life's and all those humans die or will die, thus water being the common denominator in the cause of death !!!! :-\

Nah...your kller jokes killed them all...so funny!  :o

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2006, 03:53:21 PM »

alexxx you are retarded...  you should throw out your radio because guess what... RADIO WAVES ARE RADIATION..... you're an idiot...