Author Topic: WHO HAD A BETTER CAREER ?  (Read 4144 times)

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
Re: WHO HAD A BETTER CAREER ?
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2006, 08:06:09 AM »
Shawn isn't one of the all time greats , he's not even in the top 20 of all time greatest bodybuilders !

Being great isnt about winning shows (well for me it isnt)
ND who is on the list of 20 greatest BB....
I judge my list by the peak shape of a BB

Dorian
Ronnie
Haney
Arnold

Then who ?? Im sorry but Shawn Ray makes top 5, easy top 10 of all time.
L

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2006, 08:27:01 AM »
Being great isnt about winning shows (well for me it isnt)
ND who is on the list of 20 greatest BB....
I judge my list by the peak shape of a BB

Dorian
Ronnie
Haney
Arnold

Then who ?? Im sorry but Shawn Ray makes top 5, easy top 10 of all time.

All of the Mr Olympia make the list by virtue of being the best in their hey day , so thats 10 already !

Steve Reeves
Eugine Sandow
Bill Pearl
Flex Wheeler
Lee Labrada
Bob Paris ( although not one single pro win )
Kevin Levrone
Chris Cormier
Robby Ronbinson
Vince Taylor
Mike Mentzer
Dave Draper
Danny Padilla

Hell I can go on , but some are better soley based on physiques some based on the impact they had on their era , consistancy , more wins , etc .

sculpture

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2006, 08:52:50 AM »
All of the Mr Olympia make the list by virtue of being the best in their hey day , so thats 10 already !

Steve Reeves
Eugine Sandow
Bill Pearl
Flex Wheeler
Lee Labrada
Bob Paris ( although not one single pro win )
Kevin Levrone
Chris Cormier
Robby Ronbinson
Vince Taylor
Mike Mentzer
Dave Draper
Danny Padilla

Hell I can go on , but some are better soley based on physiques some based on the impact they had on their era , consistancy , more wins , etc .

Utter bollocks. By your reasoning shawn isnt on that list since he only won 2 shows.

Its doesnt matter that he was top five at the o 12 years in a row.

That pisses on the acheivements of others, who, have may have more pro victories but most of those are made up of winning at lesser shows.

As for bob paris being on the list................. HELL NO!

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2006, 09:20:34 AM »
Utter bollocks. By your reasoning shawn isnt on that list since he only won 2 shows.

Its doesnt matter that he was top five at the o 12 years in a row.

That pisses on the acheivements of others, who, have may have more pro victories but most of those are made up of winning at lesser shows.

As for bob paris being on the list................. HELL NO!

Bob Paris rains all over Shawn's parade in terms of physique , even though he never won a pro show his physique outclasses Rays with ease .

Shawn isn't on that list because he won just 2 shows he was consistant sure but big deal so was Rich Gaspari who has more pro shows and like Ray 2 runner-ups in the Olympia and I wouldn't put him on that list

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2006, 09:24:09 AM »
Bob Paris rains all over Shawn's parade in terms of physique , even though he never won a pro show his physique outclasses Rays with ease .

Shawn isn't on that list because he won just 2 shows he was consistant sure but big deal so was Rich Gaspari who has more pro shows and like Ray 2 runner-ups in the Olympia and I wouldn't put him on that list
Well Career wise Shawn may have not won shows but has more magazine covers and endorsements than almost everyone on your additional list. But impact on era is hard to gauge... I was actually talking in terms of what they looked like. And Shawn looked better than everyone on that list easily!! (except for Levrone, Cormier,LaBrada and Vince) However out of those guys I still would have hime beating them on all thier best days.

Just my opinon
L

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2006, 09:32:42 AM »
Well Career wise Shawn may have not won shows but has more magazine covers and endorsements than almost everyone on your additional list. But impact on era is hard to gauge... I was actually talking in terms of what they looked like. And Shawn looked better than everyone on that list easily!! (except for Levrone, Cormier,LaBrada and Vince) However out of those guys I still would have hime beating them on all thier best days.

Just my opinon

Again Shawn was very good at marketing himself and he was good looking and articulate so he had a lot to work with . and physique wise you say " Ray looks better than Bill pearl " but this isn't accurate comparision for obvious reasons but I would say overall the men on that list are a lot closer to being a great bodybuilder than Ray .

Danny

• Getbig V
  • The original Superman
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2006, 09:50:00 AM »
Kevin.  ;)
"What we do in life ECHOES in eternity "