Author Topic: ANTI-DEPRESSANTS WHILE ON CYCLE  (Read 3149 times)

bigjohn_bluesfan

• Getbig IV
  • yeah baby
ANTI-DEPRESSANTS WHILE ON CYCLE
« on: July 29, 2006, 04:29:00 PM »
Does anyone in here TAKE ANTI-DEPRESSANTS?

I dont give a shit what people think about this, but I take prozac every day.  I was prescribed prozac long before I started steroids.

I am wondering if the prozac hampers gains while on cycle-- the reason is because I came off the prozac during last cycle but I want to keep taking it during this one. Im doingg the experiment anyway, I just wonder if any of you guys are on anything.
ah yeah Im a voodo child

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
Re: ANTI-DEPRESSANTS WHILE ON CYCLE
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2006, 04:39:40 PM »
No, I don't take any, but I do have a question. You said you didn't take them while on your last cycle, and I assume you got back on it after the cycle now during PCT, have you noticed any difference with or without it? Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to talk you out of using it or not, that's your call, but if you got by fine without it, why then would you want to get back on it?

bigjohn_bluesfan

• Getbig IV
  • yeah baby
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2006, 04:43:25 PM »
No, I don't take any, but I do have a question. You said you didn't take them while on your last cycle, and I assume you got back on it after the cycle now during PCT, have you noticed any difference with or without it? Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to talk you out of using it or not, that's your call, but if you got by fine without it, why then would you want to get back on it?

well, I got mean in the last few weeks of my 16 weeker while not on it--- but thats precisely why Im wondering, I dont know if I was mean from the gear, or the lack of prozac--- I know that I "think" the prozac makes me feel alot better---

But then again, In one study, the placebo group was close to thye same precentage better than th prozac group so who knows--supposedly only 40% prozac takers benefit from it
ah yeah Im a voodo child

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2006, 04:47:52 PM »
Well, if you need it, you need it, like I said that's up to you and your doc. Personally, I'm of the persuasion that if I can get by without someting then I am by no means going to take it. I figure I've already got enough stuff flowing through my veins when on a cycle, and when I come off a cycle I come off everything. Minus taking a good multi, when off cycle I don't take anything, i.e. pain killers, any OTC meds, nothing. I just like the idea of letting my body clear out from any unnecessary substances.

udeluz

• Getbig IV
  • CLICK...CLICK...BOOM !!!!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2006, 05:47:19 PM »
John,

I may have posted this before, but I was on Zoloft for a few years due to stress and shit... I needed it.. or so I thought, When I started to cycle I wasn't sure how it would effect my cycle so I stopped...COLD TURKEY....

I never could stand the fact that a pill was controlling my life.

Don't regret it.. Don't need it.... Never want another one again...
U

UK Gold

• Getbig IV
  • Riding on the Getbig wind
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2006, 12:41:00 PM »
Why would you do a cycle if you're on prozac? I just don't understand. Presumeably you're on it for depression or anxiety - both of which can be brought on [or worsened] by steroids. Some people can't handle the pyschological effects of the gear. Its your body and you can do what you want - but i think your being incredibly stupid.  You're messing with your brains chemistry for no reason. Is having big muscles that important to you? I really think you should have waited till you'd got off the 'happy pills' before you started on the gear. Don't take offense bro.

bigjohn_bluesfan

• Getbig IV
  • yeah baby
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2006, 06:28:21 PM »
Why would you do a cycle if you're on prozac? I just don't understand. Presumeably you're on it for depression or anxiety - both of which can be brought on [or worsened] by steroids. Some people can't handle the pyschological effects of the gear. Its your body and you can do what you want - but i think your being incredibly stupid.  You're messing with your brains chemistry for no reason. Is having big muscles that important to you? I really think you should have waited till you'd got off the 'happy pills' before you started on the gear. Don't take offense bro.

bro not at all would I take offense---- thanks for input----see, you guys think its a bigg deal----but its simple as eff---- I just take it for a mood stabilizer--- I always cut it out while Im on cycle--- I run 20 weekers and dont have hardly any side effects--- the reason for this post was because I wonder if I should just stay on the med while on cycle-- but its not a big deal---my main concern was if the med could inhibit gains

I proly dont even need the prozac but I feel way better on it--

ah yeah Im a voodo child

udeluz

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2006, 06:40:16 PM »
Try not tking it while "off" cycle

See how you feel
U

bigjohn_bluesfan

• Getbig IV
  • yeah baby
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2006, 06:54:06 PM »
Try not tking it while "off" cycle

See how you feel

I aint took it in four days and I feel fine----
ah yeah Im a voodo child

udeluz

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2006, 06:57:20 PM »
Cool bro.......

Off topic: You said you had two week of PCT left...

You doing 6 weeks?

When does Cycle 2 start?

U

bigjohn_bluesfan

• Getbig IV
  • yeah baby
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2006, 07:02:20 PM »
I am not running another cycle until October time on = time off

I will be a beast at christmas
ah yeah Im a voodo child

cincyfan

• Getbig I
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2006, 08:16:04 PM »
Im probably a little late on this but most of the scripts that I fill are for SSRIs. Taking them on cycle is not likely to cause side effects, however coming off cycle while using SSRIs is somewhat risky and PCT is extremely important. Basically what you are doing is decreasing the reuptake of serotonin to "chemically" calm you then coming off a cycle where your natural testosterone has halted. The combination of the two can lead to severe depression. Also antidepressents have a delay onset of atleast 21 days so dont use on an as needed basis or on and off. Sorry I wrote so much but like I said PCT is extremely important.

bigjohn_bluesfan

• Getbig IV
  • yeah baby
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2006, 06:14:47 AM »
Im probably a little late on this but most of the scripts that I fill are for SSRIs. Taking them on cycle is not likely to cause side effects, however coming off cycle while using SSRIs is somewhat risky and PCT is extremely important. Basically what you are doing is decreasing the reuptake of serotonin to "chemically" calm you then coming off a cycle where your natural testosterone has halted. The combination of the two can lead to severe depression. Also antidepressents have a delay onset of atleast 21 days so dont use on an as needed basis or on and off. Sorry I wrote so much but like I said PCT is extremely important.

thanks man----I wil get with you in PM to discuss it more--I really appreciate it
ah yeah Im a voodo child