Author Topic: ROM Machine  (Read 1848 times)

Adam Empire

• Getbig IV
  • Gobias Industries
ROM Machine
« on: July 29, 2006, 06:38:23 PM »
"Exercise in exactly 4 minutes per day!" 

Check out this thing.  I about fell out of my chair laughing at it - including the price...

http://www.fastexercise.com/

Motherboy (the band).

TheAnimal

• Getbig IV
Re: ROM Machine
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2006, 08:45:13 PM »
5. Can I exercise more than 4 minutes per day on the ROM?

This is an often asked question by people who have never used the ROM. People who have used the ROM just once for 4 minutes do not ask that question. Most people are glad when the 4 minutes are over. Doing more than 4 minutes has only marginally more benefit. For fat loss there is some merit in doing an extra 1 minute stretching sessions at several hour intervals to re-stimulate muscle metabolism. When eventually the desired body condition has been established with the ROM the frequency of use can even be reduced to only 4 minutes 4 days per week for maintenance only. The general ROM exercise routine is to do a 4 minute upper body workout one day and a 4 minute lower body workout the next day, or do both upper and lower body workouts the same day and skip the next day. Muscles need 48 hour rest for recovery. Doing both upper and lower body ROM workouts every day is overdoing it for most people, it interferes with muscle recovery and can even result in strength loss.