Author Topic: USA REPORT , AND WHO WON  (Read 13664 times)

blinky

• Getbig V
Re: USA REPORT , AND WHO WON
« Reply #50 on: July 30, 2006, 11:02:58 PM »
anybody have the womens results

hifrommike

• Getbig III

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: July 31, 2006, 03:40:08 AM »
thanx

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #53 on: July 31, 2006, 04:55:12 AM »
hahah DeShaun grimes took fifteenth....looks like no trophy for the top of his minis fridge.

Ergas was going to be pro eventually, with all the name dropping ,,,he looks like garbage, so does that Omar guy..USA s were terrible!!
L

Slick Vic

« Reply #54 on: July 31, 2006, 05:08:57 AM »
I predict NOW that Steve Blechman will give either Omar or Ergas a collumn in MD Magazine now with some cheesy title like 'Mighty Mike Speaks' or 'Outrageous Omar' or some crap like that and it will only last about 6 issues then they will be dropped.

What makes this funny is that it's true.  :D

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #55 on: July 31, 2006, 07:29:01 AM »
Why even bother with weight classes anyway.  When they turn pro their aren't any...

I was just saying that the quality of both heavy weight and SHW has gone down since the intro of the SHW class, both are watered down thus the over all product is not as strong.  Anyone remember the 93 USA and all the hype surrounding the HW class that year?  It was awsome, Cormier, Demayo, Gregg Ried, Edgar Fletcher, Fancios, newman, titus..we'll never see that again.
nasser=piece of shit

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #56 on: July 31, 2006, 07:50:15 AM »
I was just saying that the quality of both heavy weight and SHW has gone down since the intro of the SHW class, both are watered down thus the over all product is not as strong.  Anyone remember the 93 USA and all the hype surrounding the HW class that year?  It was awsome, Cormier, Demayo, Gregg Ried, Edgar Fletcher, Fancios, newman, titus..we'll never see that again.
who's "Fancois"?
Jaejonna rows 125!!

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: July 31, 2006, 07:54:17 AM »
who's "Fancois"?

I can never remember how to spell his last name, you know the Mike F.  that won the arnold in 95...sorry, I was too lazy to look it up.
nasser=piece of shit

RHINO290

« Reply #58 on: July 31, 2006, 08:39:48 AM »
wow... leo does crush omar on legs.  omar has better shape, but wow... too bad these 2 guys couldn't have gotten the 2 cards.

Of course, now we know who will win next year. Thats how it works.......

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #59 on: July 31, 2006, 09:16:26 AM »

Yeah, it really seems like pro cards are being "issued" based upon years of showing up in shape and deserving one, while the generations ahead of you are rewarded for their cumulative efforts. 

Not a good way to sustain the IFBB pro ranks, if the best physiques are toiling away in obscurity for the best years of their careers.  Imagine the grief a Euro guy would have, showing up in the NPC at 27, best shape of their life, and realizing they have to work for 3 years to get a pro card, no matter how good they look.  Really does explain why so many Euro guys are going PDI.

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #60 on: July 31, 2006, 09:19:18 AM »
i like Omars physique................ ....deserving winner IMO

JDawg

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #61 on: July 31, 2006, 09:47:53 AM »
it's this paying dues bullshit     some of these guys who just go ttheir cards have been competeing amateur for 7-8 year smaybe more    and theyy looked good 4 years ago bu tthey get their cards now  when some young guy comeing up destroys them   gets 12th   cause the judges aren;t looking for him

perfect example sebastian ZONA   fucking sucks  but he has been top 5 for like 7 years

oops  edit   i almost forgot meaning they are tapped out by the time they turn pro

I just noticed this post and had to reply. 

You would have a very hard time making your case.  You have the best amateurs in the country showing up at these shows 35-40 per class.... Many just dreaming of a top 5 finish.  You have a guy (Zona) who you say has been in the top 5 for 6 or 7 years and you say he "fucking sucks"?!  Are you kidding me?!   LOL!  Perhaps you dont like his physique but thats pretty harsh!  Sound a little bitter there Dzul.  He has been in the top 5 as both a LH and a Heavy which is no easy task.  I thought he was overlooked this year at Nats....probably the hardest in the class.  There is a couple words that can go after "fucking" to describe him, like "good"  or "consistent".  But "sucks" definitely isn't one of them. 

JDawg

Mydavid

• Getbig V
  • thankd dweetir :)
« Reply #62 on: July 31, 2006, 09:57:45 AM »
Yeah, it really seems like pro cards are being "issued" based upon years of showing up in shape and deserving one, while the generations ahead of you are rewarded for their cumulative efforts. 

Not a good way to sustain the IFBB pro ranks, if the best physiques are toiling away in obscurity for the best years of their careers.  Imagine the grief a Euro guy would have, showing up in the NPC at 27, best shape of their life, and realizing they have to work for 3 years to get a pro card, no matter how good they look.  Really does explain why so many Euro guys are going PDI.

And the politics go on and on and on......

Lisa

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #63 on: July 31, 2006, 10:03:38 AM »

Oh boy...really going out on a limb here, huh jack?

Your telling me the second best guy might get his pro card next, when the guy who wins and moves on won't be competing against him?LOLOL....

Please...tell us more about  "how it works".

Betweeen you and 240...I'm not sure who knows LESS about what goes on.

Lets hear who the both of you THINKS should have won, placed in the top 5....

Mydavid

• Getbig V
  • thankd dweetir :)
« Reply #64 on: July 31, 2006, 10:07:01 AM »
Oh boy...really going out on a limb here, huh jack?

Your telling me the second best guy might get his pro card next, when the guy who wins and moves on won't be competing against him?LOLOL....

Please...tell us more about  "how it works".

Lets hear who the both of you THINKS should have won, placed in the top 5....

I thought 240 was a PRO.

::)

Just kidding!!!

Lisa

swilkins1984

• Getbig IV
« Reply #65 on: July 31, 2006, 11:07:38 AM »
Personally, I was rooting for Jerome.  Saw him on the Fitshow and War for the Worlds.  he has a great V-taper and was really in great condition especially from the front.  The only thing you could call him on was back detail, not width and maybe hamstring/glutes.  Hey....that sounds like Jay Cutler vs. Ronnie!  Hope Jerome gets it at the Nationals or next year.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: July 31, 2006, 11:56:49 AM »

Yeah, I really dropped the ball on that Don Long scoop, huh?

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
« Reply #67 on: July 31, 2006, 12:04:05 PM »
I predict NOW that Steve Blechman will give either Omar or Ergas a collumn in MD Magazine now with some cheesy title like 'Mighty Mike Speaks' or 'Outrageous Omar' or some crap like that and it will only last about 6 issues then they will be dropped.

I also bet Omars soon to be bride...is NOT a woman of color...knowwutImsayin?

another white beaaach
Get Big, or Die Trying

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: July 31, 2006, 12:04:40 PM »
Yeah, I really dropped the ball on that Don Long scoop, huh?

Way to dodge the question, as usual....

What "scoop" was that? That he has yet to compete? That he stated himself that he had no intention of making a "comeback"? That he may very well NOT be alowed to compete? Which scoop are you referring to?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: July 31, 2006, 12:20:38 PM »
What "scoop" was that? That he has yet to compete? That he stated himself that he had no intention of making a "comeback"? That he may very well NOT be alowed to compete? Which scoop are you referring to?

I announced that Don Long was competing at the Atlantic City pro.  You insulted me, said it was idiotic, etc etc.  Then, Flexonline announced it, and you disappeared for about 4 days as the world laughed at you.

You returned a few days later, claiming you were right all along, but everyone here saw that you did nothing but put your foot in your mouth.  Even those who hate me here, agreed that you did kinda speak without doing your research.

Now it seems you're back to rewrite history.  You really do care what people on the message boards think, huh?

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: July 31, 2006, 12:25:41 PM »
I announced that Don Long was competing at the Atlantic City pro.  You insulted me, said it was idiotic, etc etc.  Then, Flexonline announced it, and you disappeared for about 4 days as the world laughed at you.

You returned a few days later, claiming you were right all along, but everyone here saw that you did nothing but put your foot in your mouth.  Even those who hate me here, agreed that you did kinda speak without doing your research.

Now it seems you're back to rewrite history.  You really do care what people on the message boards think, huh?

Way to dodge the SECOND round of questions...

Is Don competing in the AC Pro? That's news to me....

I stated that what the athlete want's and what reality dictates, may be two different things...nothing has changed that statement.

All the power to Don if the criteria the IFBB requested can be met.

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: July 31, 2006, 12:30:15 PM »

another white beaaach

what do you mean?  They did the same thing with Chris Cook and alot of other guys...they'll whore themselves out to whoever is the new "it" guy.
nasser=piece of shit

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: July 31, 2006, 12:30:58 PM »
Is Don competing in the AC Pro? That's news to me....
All the power to Don if the criteria the IFBB requested can be met.

I remember when you wrote...

240 started a thread, and you all jumped to your own conclusions....as usual.
Don's Kidney transplant didn't take as of 2 years ago due to rejection...he's been back on dialysis since.
NO, he isn't planing a comeback...

Should give light to ANYTHING 240 writes...

We all know the IFBB requires his Doc to assume FULL LIABILITY, which has never happened in the history of medicine.  So the fix is in, but hey...

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: July 31, 2006, 04:06:26 PM »
I remember when you wrote...

We all know the IFBB requires his Doc to assume FULL LIABILITY, which has never happened in the history of medicine.  So the fix is in, but hey...

What part of this didn't you understand? Don himself said he isn't planning a comeback.

The IFBB will protect themselves as any company would in these unusual circumstances...not to tough to figure that one out.

Letting someone compete with  knowledge of a  pre-existing condition would make any company/ federation a little cautious...I'm sure the D'Arezzo family wishes Tony weren't allowed to compete...and the Youngblood family as well.

ARMZ

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #74 on: July 31, 2006, 04:25:08 PM »
How about that USA..  Good show..