Author Topic: calve question for mr. lee priest  (Read 3907 times)

bigmoss

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
calve question for mr. lee priest
« on: July 30, 2006, 06:47:44 PM »
lee, do you believe in extremely high repititions with seated calve raises? you have really great calf development and i was just wondering what training advice you could give for someone stuck at a plateau for growth...

recently ive increased the weight in my calve exercises, and have been doing it with these new poundages, and have been able to do high repititions with them...

an example is i went from doing 2 plates and a quarter for 50 repititions on the seated calve machine, to 3 plates and a quarter for 50 repititions...ive gone to complete failure to the point that the muscles in my heals and feet started to burn..., but i've experienced no growth at all during this, what would you recommend?

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
Re: calve question for mr. lee priest
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2006, 07:03:57 PM »
how often do you train calves?
bodybuildersreality.com

bigmoss

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2006, 07:45:01 PM »
i train calves once a week, and honestly, i have never done toe raises on the leg press actually. ive never realized that, i guess ill try it tomorrow, tomorrow is leg day.

standing calf raise i do slow, but on the seated calve raise i do it pretty fast, but not to the point where im cheating and doing partials. its like doing a fast bench press, you lower the weight as if it was in free fall and then explode it into the positive contraction. i do the same with seated calve raises, and i feel the burn, but maybe it is because i dont do slow reps. ill try that too. the thing is i use to do slow reps on the calve raises, and i would never get anywhere. like i'd do reps real slow with 2 plates but it felt like i wasnt working it, and the weird thing is my knees would start to shake when i did even the lightest weight after a certain amount. i felt i wasnt going anywhere strength wise. (ive been training for 5 years).

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2006, 07:50:24 PM »
personally once a week is not enough if you want to see a noticable improvment. Also try doing leg press calf raises one foot at a time....i find it works much better for me, especially with a super set.
bodybuildersreality.com

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2006, 05:16:30 AM »
I train calves everyday one exercise per day 7 sets.High reps leg press 2-3 plates for 20-50 reps same for standing 100 pounds 100 reps or bodyweight for 100 rep sets.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2006, 06:13:28 AM »
how much you improved your calves last few years doing that or are ju just maintaining
Z