Author Topic: SO Whats your Supplement arsenal you getbig natties?  (Read 7745 times)

HERACLES

• Getbig IV
SO Whats your Supplement arsenal you getbig natties?
« on: July 30, 2006, 06:56:59 PM »
Im dogging the
Designer Protein 5lb'rs-killing it off in a week now, taking it 2-3 times a day,
taking ZMA 3 times a day,
L glutamine @4500mg 3x a day,
and a montivitamin.

Thats all folks. Stepped on scale Saturday morning, 217 baby, with abs coming in now...Should  lose 10-8 lbs in August,
for an appx 208-210 Mr getbig appearance.. haha..wont be anywhere near contest shape, but hey- I will be in some REALLY great shape..so far so good.   8)

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
Re: SO Whats your Supplement arsenal you getbig natties?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2006, 08:29:10 PM »
how tall?

Unknown8471

• Getbig II
  • I will never be a memery
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2006, 12:09:32 AM »
as of this point in time i am taking no supliments.
unknown

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2006, 04:58:26 AM »
Im dogging the
Designer Protein 5lb'rs-killing it off in a week now, taking it 2-3 times a day,
taking ZMA 3 times a day,
L glutamine @4500mg 3x a day,
and a montivitamin.

Thats all folks. Stepped on scale Saturday morning, 217 baby, with abs coming in now...Should  lose 10-8 lbs in August,
for an appx 208-210 Mr getbig appearance.. haha..wont be anywhere near contest shape, but hey- I will be in some REALLY great shape..so far so good.   8)

ZMA 3x a day is too much! Your body cannot absorb more than 30mg day of zinc, magnesium is better absorbed after traininig. I recommend ZMA on wake up and after training with celltech! I tried once and it resulted! Try to include 100mg of B6!
S

Swedish Viking

• Getbig IV
  • http://plunkan.blogspot.com/
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2006, 10:11:09 AM »
as of this point in time i am taking no supliments.

that makes two of us.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2006, 11:53:58 AM »
Here's my list of goodies:

GAINING SIZE:

a) Caloric/Nutrient support:  Meso-Tech/NITRO-TECH, EAS Precision Protein/MyoPro protein

b) Creatine Supplement: CELL-TECH

c) Testosterone-supporting supplements: ALC, Tribulus Terrestris, Vitamin C

d) Thermogenic supplement: EAS ThermoDynamX

I will try a second bottle of Leukic, when I get the chance and will likely be switching to a stronger thermogenic when it's time to cut up a bit (either Rev, ThermoShred, or Hydroxycut Hardcore).

HERACLES

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2006, 12:58:13 PM »
ZMA 3x a day is too much! Your body cannot absorb more than 30mg day of zinc, magnesium is better absorbed after traininig. I recommend ZMA on wake up and after training with celltech! I tried once and it resulted! Try to include 100mg of B6!

Wow..I didnt know this. It says on it take 3 times a day!  ???

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2006, 01:13:46 PM »
Here's my list of goodies:

GAINING SIZE:

a) Caloric/Nutrient support:  Meso-Tech/NITRO-TECH, EAS Precision Protein/MyoPro protein

b) Creatine Supplement: CELL-TECH

c) Testosterone-supporting supplements: ALC, Tribulus Terrestris, Vitamin C

d) Thermogenic supplement: EAS ThermoDynamX

I will try a second bottle of Leukic, when I get the chance and will likely be switching to a stronger thermogenic when it's time to cut up a bit (either Rev, ThermoShred, or Hydroxycut Hardcore).

why on earth would you have a thermo product on there when you're trying to gain size, hahaha, monster shooting yourself in the foot.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2006, 08:12:01 PM »

ZMA has B6 in it  ::)

magnesium is better absorbed after traininig. I recommend ZMA on wake up and after training with celltech!
  ::)

If you're going to offer advice, please make sure it's accurate.

Wow..I didnt know this. It says on it take 3 times a day!  ???

Re-read the bottle.  It probably says something like "take 3 capsules once daily, preferably on an empty stomach, 30-60 minutes prior to bedtime. For best absorption, avoid taking with foods or supplements containing calcium"

:

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2006, 02:14:36 AM »
why on earth would you have a thermo product on there when you're trying to gain size, hahaha, monster shooting yourself in the foot.

Not really!! It helps keep my waist in check, as I get bigger. Since I hit 30, I can't quite bulk up the way I once did in my early 20s, without my sides paying a heavy price.

I've been using such products (Rev, Hydroxycut, ThermoDynamX), with my mass-building routine for the last 5 months. Thus far, I've put on 15 lbs. (from 223 to 238).

I figured with a stronger product, I can whittle my waist down another inch or so and keep my size. That's why, when I'm done with my current bottle of ThermoDynamX, I will make the switch to either ThermoShred, Rev, or Hydroxycut Hardcore.

OakExpress

• Getbig II
  • Amateur Natural Bodybuilder
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2006, 03:48:57 PM »
I like using ThermoDynamix during my contest prep mainly to keep me going through the hard low carb days.  Personally I think you are wasting your money using a product like this during the off-season.  It would be much easier to add a few minutes of cardio or trim your food bit.  If you are getting fat, you are either eating too much, eating the wrong combinations of food, eating the wrong types of food.

A trick I use...
Meals 1-3 - low-fat protein, low to moderate glycemic index carbohydrate
Meals 4-6 - protein, vegetables, and healthy fat (olive oil, nuts, salmon, flax seed oil, ...)
Meal 7 - Protein Shake (no carb), Salad with balsamic vinegar or lemon juice

On 1-2 days a week, go high carb to keep your metabolism humming.  This day should be 500-1000 extra calories.

Mon - Normal (plan outlined above)
Tue - Normal
Wed - High Carb (6 carb meals)
Thu - Normal
Fri - Normal
Sat - Normal
Sun - High Carb

When I use this plan, I can put on muscle and stay relatively lean.

My advice to clients is always to ask yourself if you can get the same benefit by tweaking your workouts and nutrition.  If you can, save your money.
Romans 1:20

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2006, 02:25:43 AM »
I like using ThermoDynamix during my contest prep mainly to keep me going through the hard low carb days.  Personally I think you are wasting your money using a product like this during the off-season.  It would be much easier to add a few minutes of cardio or trim your food bit.  If you are getting fat, you are either eating too much, eating the wrong combinations of food, eating the wrong types of food.

A trick I use...
Meals 1-3 - low-fat protein, low to moderate glycemic index carbohydrate
Meals 4-6 - protein, vegetables, and healthy fat (olive oil, nuts, salmon, flax seed oil, ...)
Meal 7 - Protein Shake (no carb), Salad with balsamic vinegar or lemon juice

On 1-2 days a week, go high carb to keep your metabolism humming.  This day should be 500-1000 extra calories.

Mon - Normal (plan outlined above)
Tue - Normal
Wed - High Carb (6 carb meals)
Thu - Normal
Fri - Normal
Sat - Normal
Sun - High Carb

When I use this plan, I can put on muscle and stay relatively lean.

My advice to clients is always to ask yourself if you can get the same benefit by tweaking your workouts and nutrition.  If you can, save your money.

In years gone by, I would have agreed with you. However, given the success I've had doing this, I figure I'm on the right track. I've already done some major modifications on my diet over the past year or so. If you've seen some of my other posts on other thread, you will notice that I've cut the use of one of my favorite type of supplements: weight gainers.

Again, my waist size has stayed in check by doing this. My size and strength are almost the same as they were when I was at my heaviest bodyweight of 252 lbs. In fact, the strength component is great. With the exception of my bench press, I have matched or exceeded all of my personal bests, when it comes to the weights I use in training.

When it's time to trim the waist down a bit more, I'll make the switch to a different fat-burner, which means that I may have to deal with either an itchy scalp (ThermoShred) or red bowels (Hydroxycut Hardcore).

;D

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2006, 08:06:25 AM »
casein protein.
gainer.
multivitamins/minerals.
fish oil.
creatine.
Z

texasRUSH

• Getbig IV
  • here comes the hotstepper!
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2006, 09:07:25 AM »
good food and clean water

lilwoday09smb

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2006, 10:16:06 AM »
i think sopplemesnts are a waste if you can get all the protein ect through food. however thats  a lil expensive for me right now so i use whey protein and vitamin c. if you dont eat fish 3-4 times a week i would recommend taking an omega 3 or fish oil supp

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2006, 03:37:05 PM »
All I'm taking right now is some whey protien and a multivitiman.  I sometimes use a fatburner more to get a buzz before training then anything else.  I might do some creatine in the next few weeks.
nasser=piece of shit

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2006, 08:21:28 AM »
i think sopplemesnts are a waste if you can get all the protein ect through food. however thats  a lil expensive for me right now so i use whey protein and vitamin c. if you dont eat fish 3-4 times a week i would recommend taking an omega 3 or fish oil supp

As I stated on another thread, the purpose of supplements for me is to get large concentration of nutrients, that are virtually impossible to obtain from regular food. For other protein source, I agree that regular food does the trick. For whey, however, that's a different story.

I consume at least 200 grams of whey protein per day. I'd have to drink over 8 gallons of milk to get that "the old-fashioned" way.

As for creatine, unless you feel like downing an entire side of beef (as Serge Nubret claimed he did to get his creatine back in the day), getting this substance via supplement form is the way to go.

You mentioned Vitamin C. I have an orange tree in my back yard and would probably have to pick it clean to get the amount of "C" contained in 2 pills.

Combining the best food and supplements is critical, if your goal is to grow sans anabolics. I can't remember a time where getting good supplements has been this easy.

;D

wishtobbigger

• Getbig II
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2006, 08:37:27 AM »
i am taking redline for my fat burner
switchiung between nos blast (a vitamin world special)
and cellmass
and pro crunch protein bars
along with some glutamine
so far not really much gains size wise but every week my strength goes up some 3_5lbs
so it is cheap and effective so far
BKS: the peoples champion

Tier

• Getbig III
  • Lift light with sloppy form
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2006, 04:04:56 PM »
Creatine

Multi

az

• Getbig III
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2006, 10:42:00 PM »
whey
creatine
glutamine
L-carnitine
multi
b
c
e
zinc
bcaa (powder)
triflex (joints)

Tier

• Getbig III
  • Lift light with sloppy form
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2006, 11:34:41 PM »
senzu beans  :D

OakExpress

• Getbig II
  • Amateur Natural Bodybuilder
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2006, 04:28:20 AM »
In years gone by, I would have agreed with you. However, given the success I've had doing this, I figure I'm on the right track. I've already done some major modifications on my diet over the past year or so. If you've seen some of my other posts on other thread, you will notice that I've cut the use of one of my favorite type of supplements: weight gainers.

Again, my waist size has stayed in check by doing this. My size and strength are almost the same as they were when I was at my heaviest bodyweight of 252 lbs. In fact, the strength component is great. With the exception of my bench press, I have matched or exceeded all of my personal bests, when it comes to the weights I use in training.

When it's time to trim the waist down a bit more, I'll make the switch to a different fat-burner, which means that I may have to deal with either an itchy scalp (ThermoShred) or red bowels (Hydroxycut Hardcore).

;D

Just curious, have you competed in yet?
Romans 1:20

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2006, 06:42:46 PM »
whey and vitamins

Oliver Klaushof

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2006, 06:58:24 PM »
Multivitamin, Vitamin C, Vitamin E.
"Shut the F up and train"

Nathan

• Getbig III
  • 5'11 185 lbs
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2006, 09:45:56 PM »
Multi Vitamin,2000mg Vitamin C,EFA'S,L-Glutamine.
6 full meals a day.
P