Author Topic: Bob... Bob... Bob...  (Read 46019 times)

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
Bob... Bob... Bob...
« on: August 01, 2006, 07:36:57 AM »
I always thought that the criticisms of Bob as being a company stooge were overstated - mostly a convenient way to get in a dig at him. But after listening to the show, I'm a doubter no more...

Bob (and to a lesser degree Shawn) did not sound like someone in a strong arguing position, calmly pointing out the weaknesses in the arguments of his debating opponent. He sounded like someone audibly scared that his sinecure as a camp trusty is about to be lost in a prisoner revolt. [And I say this as someone who thinks that the PDI is a phantasmal projection of Wayne DeMilia's deranged ego.]

He came within an inch of braying at Lee, "What would you have without the IFBB? Nothing! It made you! And now it's going to destroy you!" And when he said, "Sure, Ben's name was on [Lee's suspension] but it was really Wayne", he assured himself of his own wing in the Self-Owning Hall of Fame.

I've got no strings
To hold me down
To make me fret, or make me frown
I had strings
But now I'm free
There are no strings on me

davidpaul

• Getbig V
Re: Bob... Bob... Bob...
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2006, 07:38:46 AM »
Bob was in Dodgeball you know ;D

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2006, 07:51:02 AM »
I always thought that the criticisms of Bob as being a company stooge were overstated - mostly a convenient way to get in a dig at him. But after listening to the show, I'm a doubter no more...

Bob (and to a lesser degree Shawn) did not sound like someone in a strong arguing position, calmly pointing out the weaknesses in the arguments of his debating opponent. He sounded like someone audibly scared that his sinecure as a camp trusty is about to be lost in a prisoner revolt. [And I say this as someone who thinks that the PDI is a phantasmal projection of Wayne DeMilia's deranged ego.]
Perfect word to describe Bob's situation Ribo. I would now add tenuous.  :)

Kegdrainer

• Getbig IV
  • team yeah buddy
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2006, 07:53:32 AM »
Bob was in Dodgeball you know ;D

bob doesnt dodge balls, he likes balls hitting him in the face.  How do you think he pays for his gear?

mikediesel

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2006, 08:01:59 AM »
Bob pulled the ultimate own1ng on himself last night. Period, end of story. Shawn is just a punk bitch, a snitch, and a tranny lover

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2006, 08:03:48 AM »
Bob should be looking at the IFBB with a critical eye not throwing his teddies out the cot everytime its criticised
T

Kegdrainer

• Getbig IV
  • team yeah buddy
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2006, 08:08:55 AM »
Bob should be looking at the IFBB with a critical eye not throwing his teddies out the cot everytime its criticised

lol. throwing his teddies out of the cot, classic

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2006, 09:05:18 AM »

He came within an inch of braying at Lee, "What would you have without the IFBB? Nothing! It made you! And now it's going to destroy you!" And when he said, "Sure, Ben's name was on [Lee's suspension] but it was really Wayne", he assured himself of his own wing in the Self-Owning Hall of Fame.

I've got no strings
To hold me down
To make me fret, or make me frown
I had strings
But now I'm free
There are no strings on me

"prisoner revolt"?? One GUY???LOLOL....you must have been listening to a different show. It was Lee that was throwing digs and trying to be funny, I was willing to go toe to toe if thats what he wanted

The real funny part is, you know nothing of how pro bodybuilding works...if you did, you would know that Ben's role in athlete relations was and is, non existant. Thats why Wayne was put in charge...much like any company.

I'm sure people have been reprimanded/ fired working for microsoft as well...and I'm sure Bill Gates' name was on the paper, you think some manager actually sat in Bill's office telling him of the details of Joe Blow showing up late for a meeting or stealing paper clips?

BTW, what would Lee have had without competing in the IFBB? According to Wayne, there are tons of great European bodybuilders, etc out there that are wallowing in obscurity...what would have made Lee any different? He has made a lot of money, signed a lot of contracts, and made himself a household name in the  world of bodybuilding...all on the IFBB stage. Why should that be glossed over?

Lee's fighting the wrong guy...I'm not against lee, and there are rules I will be challenging as I have been since day one. Unfortunately, Lee chooses to be a one man army when he should be rallying the troops to his side.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2006, 09:08:11 AM »
Shouldnt you be rallying the troops your the rep have you spoken to other pros what is their opinion
T

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2006, 09:08:27 AM »
Not really fair for Bob to fight Lee toe to toe.  Lee would be staring at Bob's beltbuckle.

thisiskeith12

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2006, 09:08:54 AM »
Microsoft is somewhat MUCH LARGER than the IFBB.

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2006, 09:10:02 AM »
bitting the hands that feeds the mouth.... ???
Get Big, or Die Trying

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2006, 09:10:55 AM »
This isn't pro wrestling where the organization is supposed to choose and make the stars.  Its a sport and real competition.  The athlete is responsible for him/herself.  The organization does not make them.  And, if it doesn't work that way, then it should.  The IFBB is not responsible for Lee's (or Chick's) success, the athlete is.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2006, 09:11:35 AM »
It doesnt matter if he knows how it works, were the fans Bob if you lose the fans you lose the sport. People can only judge by what they see....
T

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2006, 09:12:37 AM »
This isn't pro wrestling where the organization is supposed to choose and make the stars.  Its a sport and real competition.  The athlete is responsible for him/herself.  The organization does not make them.  And, if it doesn't work that way, then it should.  The IFBB is not responsible for Lee's (or Chick's) success, the athlete is.

It's both. The athlete certainly has to top notch, but without the platform...hard to showcase your talents.

thisiskeith12

« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2006, 09:13:47 AM »
This isn't pro wrestling where the organization is supposed to choose and make the stars.  Its a sport and real competition.  The athlete is responsible for him/herself.  The organization does not make them.  And, if it doesn't work that way, then it should.  The IFBB is not responsible for Lee's (or Chick's) success, the athlete is.

Excellent point. If the IFBB wasn't here, there would be something else in its place. And probably a better something else!

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2006, 09:14:36 AM »
Shouldnt you be rallying the troops your the rep have you spoken to other pros what is their opinion

I've spoken to many pro's reguarding the situation...they either don't have an interest in competing somewhere else, or they don't trust/ like Wayne due to past experiences.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2006, 09:14:59 AM »
Yeah but you should be able to choose your platform without ridiculous repurcussions
T

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2006, 09:17:10 AM »
Are the other pros afraid to speak out for fear of repurcussions from the IFBB.

The debate wont be open while there are sanctions against those who express an interest to do a pdi show
T

RHINO290

« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2006, 09:18:35 AM »
This isn't pro wrestling where the organization is supposed to choose and make the stars.  Its a sport and real competition.  The athlete is responsible for him/herself.  The organization does not make them.  And, if it doesn't work that way, then it should.  The IFBB is not responsible for Lee's (or Chick's) success, the athlete is.

This is true, and the last time I checked, it was Twinlab/MD that pays Lee. As well as giving him the vehicle to be famous. The ifbb provides competition venue, truth is Lee is popular because of Lee, not the ifbb. This is all nonsense, with the same idiots talking the same shit about the pdi. I will tell you, for an organization that supposedly has nothing, will do nothing, it sure has the ifbb/npc talking alot about it. It's obvious that they are concerned about where this is all going. I guantee they would never interview me on that radio program, they could not intimidate me, and the things I would have to say, would topple mountains........

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2006, 09:19:05 AM »
Are the other pros afraid to speak out for fear of repurcussions from the IFBB.

The debate wont be open while there are sanctions against those who express an interest to do a pdi show

No, no one is afraid...they arent interested. PERIOD.

What reprocussions has Lee encountered since his announcement? None.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2006, 09:20:37 AM »

This is true, and the last time I checked, it was Twinlab/MD that pays Lee. As well as giving him the vehicle to be famous. The ifbb provides competition venue, truth is Lee is popular because of Lee, not the ifbb. This is all nonsense, with the same idiots talking the same shit about the pdi. I will tell you, for an organization that supposedly has nothing, will do nothing, it sure has the ifbb/npc talking alot about it. It's obvious that they are concerned about where this is all going. I guantee they would never interview me on that radio program, they could not intimidate me, and the things I would have to say, would topple mountains........

Your right Jack, we would never have you on the show...why would we?

It's PRO bodybuilding weekly.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2006, 09:20:44 AM »
Apart from being told he cant compete in the olympia surely that is the ultimate sanction for a top pro
T

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2006, 09:21:21 AM »
No, no one is afraid...they arent interested. PERIOD.

Bob, would you be wiling to at least consider the possibility that some guys are interested, but don't want to come to you about it?