Author Topic: Question  (Read 1312 times)

rotiron

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Question
« on: August 01, 2006, 04:39:44 PM »
First off I want thank JC Lopez for the contest pictures he takes of each contestant.  They are well-done and plentiful. 

In viewing several of the contestants pictures in the Emerald Cup and the recent NY contests, I noticed some competitors who competed in both contests who looked very different from one competition to another.  For example, I noticed a competitor in the Emerald Cup who placed in the top 10 whose face did not seem to match her figure.  By that I mean, her body from the neck down looked very good, no veins showing, smooth and healthy look; however, her face appeared very gaunt, eyes sunken and overall did not appear as healthy as the rest of her body.  (I have seen several pictures of this contestant over the years and she is normally a very attractive person.)

Several short months later, she is competing in the NY contest and although she did not place, she did look so much better.  Her body appeared tighter and even slimmer than her previous competition shape and her face appeared fuller and healthier. 

What could cause such a drastic difference between facial and body appearances?  I can't imagine that drugs (which some posters like to say is responsible for changes) was a factor because her body looked very smooth and healthy looking. Can age do it?  Is getting into competition shape more difficult on the body and face when you are in your 30s as oppose to 20s?

Julie Lohre

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • www.julielohre.com
Re: Question
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2006, 06:06:18 PM »
Don't dimiss the effects of stage lighting on your face.  I have been to shows where the lighting is great and you look fabulous and others where the lighting frankly stinks and you look aweful in your face, while your body still looks fine with the coats of tan.  Also, makeup can have a HUGE effect.
Just a thought...