Author Topic: i miss....  (Read 14553 times)

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
i miss....
« on: August 01, 2006, 08:56:10 PM »
sometimes i miss the English ways dearly.....

ok i get all estrogenish as the ashes get close and i'm the ONLY one of my group excited about it  :(  all my friends are American football playing white doods..

i miss tea time...i miss crumpets..i miss afternoon naps...i miss being able to talk about Enid Blyton...i miss the original narnia...i miss the famous five...i miss faulty towers...i miss never seeing the magic faraway tree.....i miss someone screaming howazzzat on a crisp september morning...i miss getting a beating from my mates ....i miss wearing my blazer in the winter...i miss my all boys high school where you'd get beaten up on a daily basis but we were all brothers...i miss being flattered at the sight of a girl just smiling at ya.. ....i miss jodphurs...i miss the smell of horse early in the morning.....i miss highway..my horsey friend..i miss the smell of salt when i used to ride on the beach.....i miss sitting in dusty classrooms where you could see chalk dust in a beam of sunlight, where the fan would chill you to the bone and you'd get the feeling of having done something wrong even when you had not...i miss how i'd go sit in the park and smoke cigrattes and drink cheap wine when it snowed and just listen to the loud silence...i miss Mr hepworth with his steel grey eyes and halting speech , "pray what do you think i should do ya" he'd always ask me...i miss that... :(
carpe` vaginum!

YoMamaBeenLurking

• Getbig IV
  • The Black Knight
Re: i miss....
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2006, 09:32:11 PM »
I miss the days of no responsibilities, no bills, and not having having to worry about no one other than myself.  I miss late night drives in my old firebird, racing like a madman and stopping at red lights to kiss my girl.  I miss Kemp, my dog that I had to get rid of due to divorce and not being able to find a place to live that would allow pets.  I miss my mom and dad being together as they too are divorced and the only memories I have of them being happy together were prior to my teens.  I miss laying on the driveway of my house staring up at the sky counting stars.  I miss walking home on winter nights and suddenly getting hit by snowballs and hearing my dad laughing, hiding behind a tree.  I miss the feeling of scoring touchdowns, perfectly timed hits on opponents and the elation of winning the game for my team.  I miss  Iris, a friend of my mom's, the first woman I was ever turned on by...To this day I can still remember her scent and her face and I was only 3 or 4 years old at the time, playing on the couch next to her and for some reason just not being able to keep away.  I miss my grandfather that I never knew, as I've only seen him in photos holding me as a baby and he passed before I have any memories of him.  I miss going to lunch in high school, jumping into a friend's car and smoking our brains loose only to come back to class later and veg and draw and write science fiction stories.  I miss not having an enemy that I now have to always watch out for.  I miss being young and impressionable and eager to learn, as the older I get, the more desensitized I become and at times am reminded of what I miss in myself by my son.   
BKS - Guardian of Truth

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2006, 10:00:38 PM »
Helas...Oscar Wilde..

To drift with every passion till my soul
Is a stringed lute on which all winds can play,
Is it for this that I have given away
Mine ancient wisdom, and austere control?
Methinks my life is a twice-written scroll
Scrawled over on some boyish holiday
With idle songs for pipe and virelay,
Which do but mar the secret of the whole
Surely there was a time I might have trod
The sunlit heights, and from life's dissonance
Struck one clear chord to reach the ears of God:
Is that time dead? lo! with a little rod
I did but touch the honey of romance --
And must I lose a soul's inheritance?
carpe` vaginum!

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2006, 12:46:13 AM »
I miss eating high carbs! :'(

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2006, 02:24:43 AM »
U'r ruining the moment.  :P
L

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2006, 05:06:49 AM »
I miss the lack of responsibility, the joy of endless summers spent playing over the line and capture the flag, I miss the way I felt the first time my babysitter laurie let me hold her hand in the movies and rub her leg as long as nobody saw,I miss staying up all night and sleeping all day, I miss driving with my buddies with nowhere to go and nothing to do, I miss the first time a girl stuck her tongue in my ear and sitting behind the JV cheerleaders in math class. I miss my buddies from the corp, drinking on the mall hitting on girls and being called a hotty from a car full of girls as i was out running by the capital. I miss the time before sex where endless make out sessions and back seat grinding left you with the levi imprint on your mule. I miss playing computer games till 4 in the morning with no thought about class or jobs. I miss hanging with my brother with nothing on our minds but where we were going to find lunch or what movie we thought about seeing.

All that being said I would not change how my life turned out or how boring I am now as a adult..well unless I could start as outside linebacker for the Eagles...:)

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2006, 07:23:10 AM »

I miss the summers by the lake and lazing on the dock all day.  I miss discovering Virginia Woolf and Oscar Wilde and that epiphany I had the moment I knew what I wanted to be when I grew up.  I miss playing the rock in the school production of Waiting for Godot.  I miss my mother and her Grace Kelly beauty and how her touch was the best comfort in the world. I miss spending weekends mucking out stables, and having a crush on my riding instructor Wolfgang. I miss my school uniform of crisp white blouse and tartan skirt and not having to think about what to wear every day. I miss the feeling of that first time I traveled to Europe alone at age 15 and while my mother was crying at the airport, in my mind I was saying “Yessss!” I miss playing right wing for the girls’ field hockey team in high school and walking home from fall practice with my best girlfriend, kicking leaves and feeling free as a bird. I miss fighting with my sister and throwing hairbrushes at each other (wait what am I saying, we still fight) I miss that look on my high school sweetheart’s face when we met on that first day of school and discovered we had our lockers next to each other. I miss my professor who gave me books and pushed me in the right direction. Other than that, life is pretty damn good.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2006, 07:33:55 AM »
I miss the lack of responsibility the most..no meetings no saluting..no war...I miss the Soviet Union..I miss Vermont and walking to class in two feet of snow.. i miss working in bar..slinging drinks..talking to chicks...no bills.....worring onl;y about class and making sure i got to the gym...I miss only worrying about 3 other marines...about being able to say what i want..not watching  how i act..I miss the United States..i miss people who don't smell..cold weather...good food..nice people..i miss Fenway Park and Boston.. i miss Italian food..real pizza ...I miss the NFL channel and NFL sunday countdown.. i miss my dogs.....I miss the smell of a book store or a pretty girl.....I miss the bordom of traffic ......I'd say my wife but we're divorcing...but nothing is to good for the American taxpayer....ok enough.. GO PATS
L

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2006, 07:42:38 AM »
I miss the lack of responsibility the most..no meetings no saluting..no war...I miss the Soviet Union..I miss Vermont and walking to class in two feet of snow.. i miss working in bar..slinging drinks..talking to chicks...no bills.....worring onl;y about class and making sure i got to the gym...I miss only worrying about 3 other marines...about being able to say what i want..not watching  how i act..I miss the United States..i miss people who don't smell..cold weather...good food..nice people..i miss Fenway Park and Boston.. i miss Italian food..real pizza ...I miss the NFL channel and NFL sunday countdown.. i miss my dogs.....I miss the smell of a book store or a pretty girl.....I miss the bordom of traffic ......I'd say my wife but we're divorcing...but nothing is to good for the American taxpayer....ok enough.. GO PATS

damm man sorry to hear, do you at least get the dog?

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2006, 07:45:28 AM »
I miss moraly casual blondes/brunettes/red heads with big boobs and dsl's.  I miss non-bitchy, low maintanence, real, genuine women.  I miss when people gave you their word and meant it.  When people could be trusted and faced their problems and issues in person.  I miss the fact that i can't trust people (women) without a doubt.  I miss kissing, touching, holding.  I miss the smell of a clean,dressed woman.  I miss the whirly feeling in my chest when i was with someone.  I miss my dog

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2006, 07:51:34 AM »
damm man sorry to hear, do you at least get the dog?

I ge the "bad" dog..my retreiver..the one who terrorized u on the island. She gets our lab..he's the good dog..plus the cat..not bad. Its amicable so no BS court authorized visit crap.. I get o see my son when ever ......We sold our house..made good money because of the base expansion where I am at.. all in all..besides actually divorcing not bad.
L

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2006, 08:02:17 AM »
I ge the "bad" dog..my retreiver..the one who terrorized u on the island. She gets our lab..he's the good dog..plus the cat..not bad. Its amicable so no BS court authorized visit crap.. I get o see my son when ever ......We sold our house..made good money because of the base expansion where I am at.. all in all..besides actually divorcing not bad.

still sucks, plus while you far away its not fair. Good to know its going to work with the kids and no hassels. At least there is strange to look forward to when you get back.

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2006, 08:04:54 AM »
that does suck.  Wish u the best

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2006, 08:09:40 AM »
I miss knocking the SNOT outta tightends or wide receivers coming into my zone in pass coverage

or

the running back who's cutting back into me and doesn't know i'm there 'til.....SMACK!!!!

or

big hits from college football in general.  what an outlet of aggression.  i mean, where else can you totally Tee off on someone and it's legal?  

but most of all...

I miss my dad.   :'(  I wish I could see him hold my children just one time.  I wish he were there standing next to me the day I got married.  I wish he could see what his little boy has become, because of his tireless sacrifices and loving heart.  I wish he were here so I could confide in him the things that a man goes through in marriage, in life in general.  I miss his guidance.  I miss my dad something awful.  

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2006, 08:39:40 AM »
I miss knocking the SNOT outta tightends or wide receivers coming into my zone in pass coverage

or

the running back who's cutting back into me and doesn't know i'm there 'til.....SMACK!!!!

or

big hits from college football in general.  what an outlet of aggression.  i mean, where else can you totally Tee off on someone and it's legal?  

but most of all...

I miss my dad.   :'(  I wish I could see him hold my children just one time.  I wish he were there standing next to me the day I got married.  I wish he could see what his little boy has become, because of his tireless sacrifices and loving heart.  I wish he were here so I could confide in him the things that a man goes through in marriage, in life in general.  I miss his guidance.  I miss my dad something awful.  

damm that sucks good honest response way to bring it.Oh you can have my dad I would take nothing in trade..:)

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2006, 08:41:28 AM »
lolz

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2006, 08:45:04 AM »
i miss the days when there were no threads like this on getbig
Z

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2006, 08:55:19 AM »
i miss the days when all it took to get laid was a six pack of zima and wait for the highscool to let out

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2006, 09:13:21 AM »
i miss the days when all it took to get laid was a six pack of zima and wait for the highscool to let out

Migs, that is the gayest sounding post in history.  Zima?  Were you dating the men's soccer team?

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2006, 09:17:41 AM »
highscool chicks used to love zima.  it's a fact.  ask your sister

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2006, 09:33:11 AM »

you need to stop hanging outside the high school looking to ply the girls with your weak choice of drinks...:)

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2006, 09:43:04 AM »
sometimes i miss the English ways dearly.....

ok i get all estrogenish as the ashes get close and i'm the ONLY one of my group excited about it  :(  all my friends are American football playing white doods..

i miss tea time...i miss crumpets..i miss afternoon naps...i miss being able to talk about Enid Blyton...i miss the original narnia...i miss the famous five...i miss faulty towers...i miss never seeing the magic faraway tree.....i miss someone screaming howazzzat on a crisp september morning...i miss getting a beating from my mates ....i miss wearing my blazer in the winter...i miss my all boys high school where you'd get beaten up on a daily basis but we were all brothers...i miss being flattered at the sight of a girl just smiling at ya.. ....i miss jodphurs...i miss the smell of horse early in the morning.....i miss highway..my horsey friend..i miss the smell of salt when i used to ride on the beach.....i miss sitting in dusty classrooms where you could see chalk dust in a beam of sunlight, where the fan would chill you to the bone and you'd get the feeling of having done something wrong even when you had not...i miss how i'd go sit in the park and smoke cigrattes and drink cheap wine when it snowed and just listen to the loud silence...i miss Mr hepworth with his steel grey eyes and halting speech , "pray what do you think i should do ya" he'd always ask me...i miss that... :(

I miss the minute I lost readin this.

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2006, 09:57:27 AM »
you need to stop hanging outside the high school looking to ply the girls with your weak choice of drinks...:)
f.ck off, lol

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2006, 10:23:13 AM »

I miss the minute I lost readin this.

LMAO

liberty

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2006, 11:07:28 AM »
I miss opening day for fishing season....now its always open
I miss wrestling practice back in high school
I miss getting stoned after school with my brother before we ran back inside to watch the stooges
I miss being able to cum just by dry humping
I miss the ice cream man
I miss when my only responsibility in life was to chlorinate the pool
I miss when people wore their baseball caps correctly
I miss mtv when they played music videos where people actually played instruments
I miss when only 2 movies came out a month at the theaters
I miss the drive in theater
8-tracks,lost in space,building tree houses,fishing all day every day in the summer,when people stopped and let you cross the street,when sex was in the closet,that dark stripe at the top of a womans hose,first time dad let you light firecrackers by yourself,throwing eggs at halloween,sleeping out in the yard in a tent,when cable and phone was under 100 bucks a month........
my dad-alchohol
my brother in law-cocaine
my sis-zanex,percs,alchohol
my mom in law-4/20/06 - infection caught at the hospital

I miss woten................... ........................ ....................like testicular atrophy  ;D