Author Topic: help me, i'm fat  (Read 1338 times)

Steve314

• Getbig II
help me, i'm fat
« on: August 03, 2006, 12:41:17 AM »
i need to lose 20-30 lbs. i took a break from lifting for sevral months but now i'm back. i picked up some supplements like protein, glutamine, creatine, eca and even picked up an no2 product. i've been back training for a few months and my strength is coming back but the fat is here to stay. i would say that my muscle strength is about 75-80% of what it used to be. i would like to continue to gain muscle while i'm dieting which i dont think will be too hard because i'm not trying to break any plateus, just get back to where i used to be(muscle memory should play a part?). i'm trying to design a meal plan that i can live by. i work a 9-5 job so meal prep for lunch is kinda an issue, i do have a microwave and fridge at work tho.

i know i need to do cardio but how much and how often?

i can only work out once a day, either mornings or night. i know mornings are better for fat loss so if i workout mornings what should my preworkout meal look like?

should i keep my weight heavy to build/sustain muscle or should i do higher rep for better calorie burning?

should cardio be before or after lifting?

can i get an example of their cutting/fatloss diet?

i'm 215 now, goal weight is 185-190, how many calories should i be eating what what proportions of each(carbs, protein, fats)?

thanks guys, i appreciate all responses. have a great day.
Steve

furn

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Re: help me, i'm fat
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2006, 01:40:04 AM »
Hi Steve,

Yeah muscle memory will play a part of the game here, you will gain you're strenght faster than someone who never got it, that for sure!

For cardio, it depend on how you react, do you seem to lose fat fast when doing cardio?  If yes, three time a week for 30 minutes if O.k.  If no, well maybe you must do 4 time/week for 30-45 minutes.  But don't go beyond 5 time/week.

You could keep you're weight heavy.  For fat lost, light or heavy don't really change a thing, the more important thing is to continue to lift weight!

If you can train only one time a week, the best is to do you're cardio after you weight lifting.

As for the time (morning/night), well i would say you lose more fat on the morning with less on you're stomach...but there a huge debate on that...so go with what work the best for you.

For the diet, read the example in the sticky by Dmg in this section, pretty good stuff.

Well, good luck!

AlliedPowers

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2006, 07:07:06 PM »
ECA, low carbs at night, cardio, and more fruits and vegetables. good luck.

pobrecito

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2006, 07:18:35 PM »
-cyclical ketogenic diet
-ECA
-hard training

8)

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2006, 08:45:54 AM »
. i've been back training for a few months and my strength is coming back but the fat is here to stay.

The first adjustment is not to your diet, but your mind.  The fat is not there to stay, but you have to train your mind that you can control your body.  The more I learn about this sport, the more I learn that it is 90% mental.

Other than that: (1) get your fiber in (40-50g) (even if it means a few extra carbs to get there); (2) get 1.5-2 gals of water per day and (3) 9g of fish oil per day. 

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
  • "look, it's the drunk piano player."
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2006, 09:09:49 AM »
i need to lose 20-30 lbs. i took a break from lifting for sevral months but now i'm back. i picked up some supplements like protein, glutamine, creatine, eca and even picked up an no2 product. i've been back training for a few months and my strength is coming back but the fat is here to stay. i would say that my muscle strength is about 75-80% of what it used to be. i would like to continue to gain muscle while i'm dieting which i dont think will be too hard because i'm not trying to break any plateus, just get back to where i used to be(muscle memory should play a part?). i'm trying to design a meal plan that i can live by. i work a 9-5 job so meal prep for lunch is kinda an issue, i do have a microwave and fridge at work tho.

i know i need to do cardio but how much and how often?

i can only work out once a day, either mornings or night. i know mornings are better for fat loss so if i workout mornings what should my preworkout meal look like?

should i keep my weight heavy to build/sustain muscle or should i do higher rep for better calorie burning?

should cardio be before or after lifting?

can i get an example of their cutting/fatloss diet?

i'm 215 now, goal weight is 185-190, how many calories should i be eating what what proportions of each(carbs, protein, fats)?

thanks guys, i appreciate all responses. have a great day.
Steve

Dude, Eat clean, get to the gym consistently...and work hard and you'll shed the weight...there's no magic to all this no matter what people try and tell you...consistency is the key...pick the right foods, don't dick off when you are in the gym and you'll see changes over weeks and months.

footloose and fancy free