Author Topic: Do aspiring bodybuilders know about the seedier side of the business?  (Read 5671 times)

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
Most people get into lifting weights to gain some size, get stronger and to feel better about themselves and how they look. After they make some progress and start getting compliments they start thinking about doing competitions and after success with that they think about turning Pro. Obviously I simplified the process but the path is essentially accurate.

Do these people realize what being a full time bodybuilder entails? Unless you're blessed with a trust fund or a wealthy family that is willing to support you then making money usually comes down to a myriad of seedy and degrading activities such as selling drugs or doing gay for pay or doing homoerotic muscle worship modelling.

Do young bodybuilders realize they might just have to sell their souls in order to get that Pro card? And at what stage do they actually acquiesce and accept that they need to participate in activities that will forever affect their dignity?

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
stop the hating, it's a beautiful thing
Z

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
No hating, just curious as to when they realize they're going to have to stand in a room without clothes on while some rich old gay dude jerks off in the corner.

I'm also curious when they actually agree that this is an acceptable way to earn money.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
No hating, just curious as to when they realize they're going to have to stand in a room without clothes on while some rich old gay dude jerks off in the corner.

I'm also curious when they actually agree that this is an acceptable way to earn money.

lol  ;D

A)  Not everyone decides that’s aceptable to them, and they decline to do so.

B)  It’s easier to do it when you see/realize how many of your peers are doing it. 

C) If someone offered you 5-10K to pose for musclegallery.com would you?  ::)

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?

dont be jealous just because this opportunity isn't available to you
Z

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!

brainX does this, and he has no aspirations of being a pro BB.  What does that make him?

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
dont be jealous just because this opportunity isn't available to you

You're right, I never thought of it that way. I am jealous that a 58 year old gay dude hasn't asked me to be his bitch.

I feel so worthless.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
You're right, I never thought of it that way. I am jealous that a 58 year old gay dude hasn't asked me to be his bitch.

I feel so worthless.

yes. and you're missing out on $$$
Z

bigmc

• Getbig V
Have you tried advertising im sure someone somewhere will pay
T

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
brainX does this, and he has no aspirations of being a pro BB.  What does that make him?

didn't showstoppa failed at being a bodybuilder, and then he went back to his previous job. THE POLE SHAKER
Get Big, or Die Trying

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
Re: Do aspiring bodybuilders know about the seedier side of the business?
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2006, 10:50:56 AM »

didn't showstoppa failed at being a bodybuilder, and then he went back to his previous job. THE POLE SHAKER

Easy, bullfrog. I did shake my pole at your boo, you on the other hand still work as THE POLE SMOKER:  Coming to a truckstop gloryhole near you.

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2006, 11:11:57 AM »
as long as you see bodybuilding as a hobby and not a career, you'll be ok.  many people are able to work 40 hours a week at a regular job and still compete at the national level.   

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2006, 11:16:56 AM »
as long as you see bodybuilding as a hobby and not a career, you'll be ok.  many people are able to work 40 hours a week at a regular job and still compete at the national level.   

That's true, there are many poeple that look at bodybuilding as a serious hobby and excel in their chosen profession while still actively bodybuilding. I met a doctor that practiced at Brigham & Women's Hospital that was also a bodybuilder despite the incredible work load he carried at the hospital.

Depending on how driven the individual is it certainly can be done.

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2006, 11:18:33 AM »

in other words, dont ever quit your day job, never
Get Big, or Die Trying

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2006, 11:19:11 AM »
 Of course Bay gotta come in and 'gay it up'. At least Timmy-boy here didnt make the theme of this thread any more gay than it is...he posted a good post. Bay on the other hand  flocks to thread titles like this like the way flys flock to shit.

Remember Bay...wether you believe it or not...accept it or not...laugh at me or mock me or not...you're going to pay for demonic possession that you alllow to control you.

Timmy knows the truth...people who oppose this simply do because they dont WANT there to be a God who makes the rules. Nobody likes to be told what the consequences will be for their actions...
?

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2006, 11:34:08 AM »

in other words, dont ever quit your day job, never

Or in your case, try your best to secure one.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2006, 11:35:12 AM »
lol  ;D

A)  Not everyone decides that’s aceptable to them, and they decline to do so.

B)  It’s easier to do it when you see/realize how many of your peers are doing it. 

C) If someone offered you 5-10K to pose for musclegallery.com would you?  ::)

A) Clearly this thread wasn't in response to bodybuilders that decline to participate in nefarious moneymaking activities.  ::)

B) Selling your soul is selling your soul, it doesn't matter how many people are doing it, especially considering how repugnant the whole gay for pay thing is.

C) No, I wouldn't. If I'm going to sell my soul it's got to be for enough money that I don't have to ever worry about money again and $5,000 wouldn't do that. Perhaps that's difficult for you to understand considering the you put this  ::) after your question but it's the truth.

At least you didn't post one of your secretive Gay Mafia posts designed to make everyone think you're in the know and everyone else is an outsider even though the percentage of posters on this board that want to be an insider in the Gay Mafia is perhaps 2%.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2006, 11:39:28 AM »
C) No, I wouldn't. If I'm going to sell my soul it's got to be for enough money that I don't have to ever worry about money again and $5,000 wouldn't do that.

Interesting that you WOULD do it though.
Z

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2006, 11:43:19 AM »
Timmy knows the truth...people who oppose this simply do because they dont WANT there to be a God who makes the rules.

ah, no

figgs

• Getbig IV
  • from realization to infinity
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2006, 11:43:56 AM »
I wrote a pretty personal post about myself considering the profession in another thread, "The IFBB Rulebook-An Analysis".

No one responded though.

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=86861.200

Imagine this now. A person dedicates himself to bodybuilding 100%. Trains with the intensity enough to fall an elephant, eats according to the clock and sets a bedtime. He loves bodybuilding. LOVES bodybuilding for whatever reason. It's what makes him happy.

Unfortunately, he dreams of becoming the best bodybuilder in the world. He's been told that he was meant to achieve this sometime in his life. He knows that if he wanted he could actually become a professional bodybuilder.

He has a difficult decision to make. That is to take an illegal drug to enter a legal industry. He knows he HAS to take steroids to compete with the pros! Know why? Because EVERY OTHER PRO HE MIGHT EVER COMPETE WITH ALSO TAKES STEROIDS. OK, everyone reading this knows that already but that fact is far more significant than it's perceived by the public (because bodybuilding remains unknown).

If he is intelligent, this person will accept bodybuilding as nothing more than a lifestyle or hobby. As long as he has his options, pursuing a position on the pro ranks in bodybuilding will be something he will forever regret. Dedicating himself to what he loves to do will get him nothing in life because:
1.) He's risking his health/life
2.) He will make no money at all unless he chooses to up his doses of anabolic steroids (increasing the likelihood of reason #1).
3.) He might die living with regret over his career choice.

I'm glad to have the ability to accept all of this as a fact, as it remains to be for now, so that I'm sure to be able to explore more options to choose a respectable profession to dedicate my life to. What I'm saying is that deep in my heart I love bodybuilding and to not be able to put that part of my heart into this sport is something I have to will myself to do for my own good.

I'd like to share an excerpt from Bob Paris' Gorilla Suit, one that changed the direction of my life and put me into better perspective as to what I should do with it.

"A vision-a fantastical, imaginary movie clip-has continually run through my mind during the last year. I am climbing, climbing, climbing all alone, to the top of this enormous mountain. I fall sometimes-a lot, actually; hurt myself; get up; climb some more; fall down again. It seems as if I've been climbing this mountain forever. After a while, when I'm close enough to the top to see it through breaks in the cloud cover, I pull out my map, to see where I am and discover that I've gone up the wrong mountain. Now, this mountain that I'm on is a high one-I can tell this from the map it's every bit as high as the one I thought I was climbing. It's just not the right one. The other mountain is the one that many dream of climbing because the hand of fate has lent it greater prestige. It is easy to get them confused; the way my map is drawn the two look a great deal alike. But it's still the wrong one. And I get mad at myself, and I cuss out the mountain, and I cuss out the mapmaker, and I cuss out all the rocks I've tripped over and the crevices I've fallen into on the way up. But in spite of all that cussing, I'm still on this mountain."

It's really quite depressing from this perspective.
~

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2006, 11:53:50 AM »
Or in your case, try your best to secure one.

I wonder why you quit Chip n' dale
Get Big, or Die Trying

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2006, 11:57:38 AM »
B) Selling your soul is selling your soul, it doesn't matter how many people are doing it, especially considering how repugnant the whole gay for pay thing is.

C) No, I wouldn't. If I'm going to sell my soul it's got to be for enough money that I don't have to ever worry about money again and $5,000 wouldn't do that. Perhaps that's difficult for you to understand considering the you put this  ::) after your question but it's the truth.

Interesting that you WOULD do it though.

Owned!  By yourself no less.  :-[

Extract foot from mouth... lather... rinse.. repeat.

anvil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2006, 12:18:46 PM »
BLUTOWNED

But we know what effin was saying, and it was a good post

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2006, 12:22:18 PM »
Owned!  By yourself no less.  :-[

Extract foot from mouth... lather... rinse.. repeat.

Perhaps you need a refresher course in owning.

There isn't a human being on this board that wouldn't pose for whatever that thing you mentioned for $5,000,000.

Not one. That kind of money changes your life forever.

Shouldn't you be cooking up some Gay Mafia conspiracy that you think we all care about?

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2006, 01:27:00 PM »
Whats so seedy.  You are contributing to the IFBB (like charity) so that the Weiders and Manion can live a better lifestyle.  You should feel good about that.