Author Topic: Bad ass muscle cramps  (Read 3637 times)

udeluz

• Getbig IV
  • CLICK...CLICK...BOOM !!!!!!!!
Bad ass muscle cramps
« on: August 03, 2006, 11:57:11 AM »
While on this cycle

If I stretch real hard, like when you are yawning I cramp up.

I also get cramos in my calves so bad while Im sleeping It feels like I got hit with a fucking baseball bat, They only last a few minutes.

Anyone else get these?
U

whitewidow

Re: Bad ass muscle cramps
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2006, 12:13:00 PM »
Yeah- every once in awhile- I think its lack of potassium- I could be wrong though.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2006, 12:25:57 PM »
Yeah- every once in awhile- I think its lack of potassium- I could be wrong though.
It's that and it could be a lack of hydration as well.

udeluz

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2006, 03:04:46 PM »
I drink between 2 and 2.5 gallons a day of water
I eat alot of Greens, Melons,Nuts and Bananas but maybe its still not enough.

I am interested on the idea of lack of potassium.

I am going to get my bloodwork done next Friday, so hopefully Ill be able to see through that if I lack Potassium.

Any other idea's?
U

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2006, 03:09:08 PM »

Any other idea's?

It is most likely the potassium but another thought might be your sodium intake. A lot of guys will keep their sodium low even when bulking just because they think this will make them appear "less" bloated. This is a big mistake because sodium like many other things is vital and it should only be manipulated during the final wk before a comp. I'm not saying you're doing this, but it is just a thought...inadequate sodium can cause cramping, especially if there is a deficiency in potassium as well.

wes mantooth

• Getbig IV
  • Dorothy Mantooth is a saint!
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2006, 04:46:29 PM »
I drink between 2 and 2.5 gallons a day of water
I eat alot of Greens, Melons,Nuts and Bananas but maybe its still not enough.

I am interested on the idea of lack of potassium.

I am going to get my bloodwork done next Friday, so hopefully Ill be able to see through that if I lack Potassium.

Any other idea's?

could it be that youre drinking too much water daily? possibly flushing your system? especially if youre not getting enough sodium...

do you work outdoors?

udeluz

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2006, 05:05:23 PM »
No I work indoors.

Bro, It has to do with the gear, I never got them before

Its like how you stretch in the morning, I could do it right now and get a cramp

Have you ever yawned so hard you got a cramp in the muscle between your lower jaw bone?

Its not a big deal but was wondering if anyone else had experienced these cramps
U

!@#$%

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2006, 09:18:17 PM »
No I work indoors.

Its like how you stretch in the morning, I could do it right now and get a cramp

Have you ever yawned so hard you got a cramp in the muscle between your lower jaw bone?

Its not a big deal but was wondering if anyone else had experienced these cramps

I get the yawning one, a hamstring one and an abdominal one. I get the hamstring and yawning cramps from clen. When I stacked d-bol with M1T, I got cramps so bad in my abs that I would stay curled up in a ball not being able to move for at least 20 minutes. The pain was excruciating. No matter which way I moved it hurt.

These cramps only happened when I didn't take any potassium. When I remembered to take it, I had no problems. It took me a while to catch on, because it seemed crazy that lack of potassium could cause me so much grief, and taking some otc supplement would help me.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2006, 09:30:00 PM »
I got cramps so bad in my abs that I would stay curled up in a ball not being able to move for at least 20 minutes. The pain was excruciating. No matter which way I moved it hurt.

That reminds me of a time last year when I was at the end of a diet. I was watching TV and got up off the couch when my right quad cramped up, I reached down to massage the area and when I did that the entire right side of my back cramped up, when I straightened up the rest of my entire back cramped up, as well as the rest of my right thigh. I ended up standing in the middle of my living room floor all hunched over in a really weird postion for about 15 min or so...the pain was so bad I wanted to cry...the next day when I woke up I felt like I had just gotten my ass kicked. I've never had that happen since and hope I don't...what caused it I'm not exactly sure, but hard dieting can do some weird stuff to your body.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2006, 10:47:16 PM »
No I work indoors.

I get the exact same thing once in a while, it's your potassium levels, start taking a potassium and/or magnesium supplements, the cramps will go away

marione

• Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2006, 05:19:13 AM »

yes, cramps are usually because of low potassium and/or dehydratation.....
are you dieting as well???

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2006, 08:09:18 AM »
Had a horrible hamstring cramp the other night. it felt like it was going to tear when i was trying to extend my leg. took a good 10 minutes to return to normal and it was sore the next day.

8)

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2006, 08:14:40 AM »
While on this cycle

If I stretch real hard, like when you are yawning I cramp up.

I also get cramos in my calves so bad while Im sleeping It feels like I got hit with a fucking baseball bat, They only last a few minutes.

Anyone else get these?

I do get these. My pain threshhold has gone through the roof since I started bodybuilding. Isn't funny how bodybulding becomes such a game of dealing with pain. Sore chest, sore shoulders, pain from certain injection spots, but nothing worse then leg soreness from a hard leg workout.  You wake up feel great then you try and get up and walk. In the end my iron brothers it's all worth it, when you set that goal whether it be for strength or size and finally reach it, nothing feels better, no matter how much pain you go through.  We are a true breed in it's own.  I love every minute of it.

marione

• Getbig II
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2006, 12:37:07 AM »
I do get these. My pain threshhold has gone through the roof since I started bodybuilding. Isn't funny how bodybulding becomes such a game of dealing with pain. Sore chest, sore shoulders, pain from certain injection spots, but nothing worse then leg soreness from a hard leg workout.  You wake up feel great then you try and get up and walk. In the end my iron brothers it's all worth it, when you set that goal whether it be for strength or size and finally reach it, nothing feels better, no matter how much pain you go through.  We are a true breed in it's own.  I love every minute of it.

I totally agree /you...pain is a part of the bb lifestyle, always

sportingsteroids

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2006, 05:45:10 PM »
:)
yeah,  no pain no gain...
w