Author Topic: Culumbu flexing january 06  (Read 12666 times)

buffbodz

• Getbig V
  • It's only a board
Re: Culumbu flexing january 06
« Reply #75 on: August 05, 2006, 07:00:48 AM »
Hey buff, I remember seeing this too. While the other competitors were doing that robot-stepping with the fridge, Franco started shuffling/running with it and took himself out. Self-owned!? :-\

Yea Doc, they had dudes from all over the place.  Ivan Putski was nothing, but Ken Patera, who had Olympic discus throwing experience, relay showed in the tire toss.  He came in 3rd overall if my memory isn't too fried.  Katz was in his prime then and untouchable in just about everything else though.
6 meals lift heavy and 1/2 hr cardio

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #76 on: August 05, 2006, 02:59:37 PM »
I miss those old school 45's
no doubt....they look like hundies.
bodybuildersreality.com

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: August 05, 2006, 03:24:41 PM »
Those benches back then were scary.  You rack with heavyweight and bar bounced up and down and the rack would move.

I hear ya.

Seemed like anything more than 225 would start to stress out those beautiful chrome supports.

Thats the other thing.....

why was everything "chrome"?

I've always wondered if it was because back then all the cars had chrome on them

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #78 on: August 05, 2006, 05:59:48 PM »
I hear ya.

Seemed like anything more than 225 would start to stress out those beautiful chrome supports.

Thats the other thing.....

why was everything "chrome"?

I've always wondered if it was because back then all the cars had chrome on them

I don;t think they had powder coating yet.

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #79 on: August 07, 2006, 03:37:29 AM »
How can you guys make fun of a guy who is probably shorter than everyone on this board, lighter than probably most, yet he is many times stronger.  And you can really see the guys who are just over 20 years of age or younger. For anyone to make fun of how Franco or Arnold or anyone from then looks now is just funny as hell. You guys have no idea how shitty you are going to look at 50 or 60 years old and many of you will not live that long.  I too thought I was indestrucible back in my 20's and 30's but reality hit me.  I promise you 100% you too will hit reality.  Just give these guys the props they deserve and praise them for what they have done in their life.  They are old, retired and don't train like they did 30 years ago.  Give the old farts a break.

Well spoken!!!  If they could train in our days, they would smash all the  competition, cause today few can match these guys in dedication and intensity! Franco, at 65, has bigger arms than Levrone!!!! From here you can see the difference!!!
S

WillRiker

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #80 on: August 07, 2006, 01:37:41 PM »
Franco was a beast! I think that when it comes to training only Ronnie can keep up with him. Most pro's train like shit.

PS those arm are still muscular, especially considering his age.