Author Topic: Question for those familiar with the NPC B.B. classic  (Read 3031 times)

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
Question for those familiar with the NPC B.B. classic
« on: August 04, 2006, 12:05:10 AM »
The NPC is having a show not too far from my neck of the woods and Randy Couture is going to be there.  I am thinking of going just to get the meet and greet with "The Natural" and not actually staying for the event.  Does this mean I should get the pre-judging tickets, as opposed the actual NPC classic tickets?  Forgive my ignorance, I do not really follow body building competitions but from what I understand Randy is promoting a supplement and will probably be in a booth of some sort.  I am just looking for alternatives to spending $40.00 to see a show I have no interest in (the pre judging are around $10.00)
I just wanted to know if the pre-judging tix. will get me in to meet Randy or is that just something that comes with actual event tix?  Any info you guys have about how those things work will be helpful.
Predictions
 40/61

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
Re: Question for those familiar with the NPC B.B. classic
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2006, 11:59:54 AM »
The NPC is having a show not too far from my neck of the woods and Randy Couture is going to be there.  I am thinking of going just to get the meet and greet with "The Natural" and not actually staying for the event.  Does this mean I should get the pre-judging tickets, as opposed the actual NPC classic tickets?  Forgive my ignorance, I do not really follow body building competitions but from what I understand Randy is promoting a supplement and will probably be in a booth of some sort.  I am just looking for alternatives to spending $40.00 to see a show I have no interest in (the pre judging are around $10.00)
I just wanted to know if the pre-judging tix. will get me in to meet Randy or is that just something that comes with actual event tix?  Any info you guys have about how those things work will be helpful.

Unless the BB show has booths around it I would think he would have a table outside the venue or in an expo if they are doing one. You shouldn't have to pay to see him.

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2006, 12:36:07 PM »
That is good news, thanks for the input. I am not in the least bit familiar with how those things run, I will take a stab at it and hopefully I get to meet "Captain America", if I do I might try to ask him a few questions, so If anybody has any good questions they want me to ask him let me know.
Predictions
 40/61

Linnykins

• Getbig I
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2006, 03:39:50 PM »

The NPC shows in my area are generally held in high school gyms.  Unfortunately, everything is inside so you do have to pay to see the vendors.  The vendors are usually there setting up at prejudging and stay through the show.  It depends on what time Randy gets there, but your safest bet would be to go during the night show.  He should be pretty easy access, especially during the show, if you don't care to watch it. 

I don't know where you live, but last year in Vegas at the Olympia expo they had a cage set up and Chuck Liddell, Randy Couture and Andre Arlovski were there.  There were also quite a few guys from Ultimate Fighting Season 1 & 2 and Dana White was even walking around.  We got pics with Chuck Liddell (Randy was gone by the time we got there).  The whole expo was only $10 to get in.  I read somewhere that UFC will be there again this year.  Now that was a deal!

torquemada

• Getbig IV
  • Billycarp ruled...
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2006, 06:54:48 PM »
Most NPC shows that I've been to, the booths/vendors are outside the actual seating area.  In that case, you don't need a ticket to see the booths.

If he's working a booth, it'll probably be at the night show.  Only die-hard bb'ing fans/competitor's friends and families go to pre-judging.

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2006, 11:53:18 PM »
Man that sucks, the cheap tickets for the night show are like $40.00, That sucks since I don't plan on actually watching the competition.  Hopefully the vendors are on the outside, only time will tell.
Predictions
 40/61

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2006, 12:01:19 AM »
The NPC shows in my area are generally held in high school gyms.  Unfortunately, everything is inside so you do have to pay to see the vendors.  The vendors are usually there setting up at prejudging and stay through the show.  It depends on what time Randy gets there, but your safest bet would be to go during the night show.  He should be pretty easy access, especially during the show, if you don't care to watch it. 

I don't know where you live, but last year in Vegas at the Olympia expo they had a cage set up and Chuck Liddell, Randy Couture and Andre Arlovski were there.  There were also quite a few guys from Ultimate Fighting Season 1 & 2 and Dana White was even walking around.  We got pics with Chuck Liddell (Randy was gone by the time we got there).  The whole expo was only $10 to get in.  I read somewhere that UFC will be there again this year.  Now that was a deal!

The event is being held at a civic center/Auditorium, so I guess it is a decent sized venue.  I'm going early to assess the situation, and try to get in as cheap as possible.  BTW, I saw some pics from the Las Vegas Olympia, that's some cool shit for $10.00.
Predictions
 40/61

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2006, 03:06:15 AM »
The event is being held at a civic center/Auditorium, so I guess it is a decent sized venue.  I'm going early to assess the situation, and try to get in as cheap as possible.  BTW, I saw some pics from the Las Vegas Olympia, that's some cool shit for $10.00.

If you go the last day of the expo at the Olympia or Arnold, you can literally walk away with a years supply of supplements for FREE.  The vendors do not want to take anything back with them.  You can pickup cases at a time of stuff.

torquemada

• Getbig IV
  • Billycarp ruled...
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2006, 04:53:17 AM »
If you go the last day of the expo at the Olympia or Arnold, you can literally walk away with a years supply of supplements for FREE.  The vendors do not want to take anything back with them.  You can pickup cases at a time of stuff.

True; it's like Christmas with protein powder ;D