Author Topic: An Evolution that Would Blow Darwin’s Mind  (Read 15175 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: An Evolution that Would Blow Darwin’s Mind
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2006, 09:27:37 AM »
Now how can you doubt the Democrat nominee, when s/he hasn't even been announced yet?
That sounds like mindless partisan politics to me. Even I'm willing to concede that a Republican could be good,
...so long as it's not Cheney, Rice, or any supporter of PNAC. Look at all the crap their warmongering has created.

ps - I said fascist not dictatorship. Stop trying to slip in bits 'n' pieces of your programming.

How can I doubt the potential Democrat nominee?  It might have something to do with this:  Mondale, Dukakis, Gore, Kerry.  A string of simply awful nominees.  Looks like they will be true to form and nominate another dud in Hillary.

And I voted for Clinton twice, which really shows how ridiculous your Repbulican assertions are.  I vote for the best candidate, regardless of party.   

Let me try posting this again:

Fascism:  "a governmental system led by a dictator having complete power, forcibly suppressing opposition and criticism, regimenting all industry, commerce, etc. and emphasizing an aggressive nationalism and often racism."

That's from Webster's.  So, yes you did say "dictatorship" by saying "fascist."  The words are synonymous.  Just fyi.     

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2006, 11:07:52 AM »
Quote from: Beach Bum
Fascism:  "a governmental system led by a dictator having complete power, forcibly suppressing opposition and criticism, regimenting all industry, commerce, etc. and emphasizing an aggressive nationalism and often racism."
I might be wrong for saying this, but....this is the precise definition I would use for the MEDIA!    >:(  They are the ones who drive much of the opinions that we hear and see on this board and amongst the general public. 

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2006, 03:24:36 PM »
I might be wrong for saying this, but....this is the precise definition I would use for the MEDIA!    >:(  They are the ones who drive much of the opinions that we hear and see on this board and amongst the general public. 

I see someone is beginning to get it.

And when you have an administration with numerous "journalists" on the payroll, controlling not only what is "reported", but also the spin to give it... who then is really in charge?
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2006, 01:18:49 AM »

I really hate the media.  They have an enormous amount of power and abuse it quite liberally (no pun intended).  They dictate what we talk about and how we view certain segments of society.  They constantly fan race flames by continually playing the race card.  For instance, why is it we know the racial makeup of juries in some cases, but not others?

If you ever want to get a real understanding of just how powerful and abusive the media can be, read "The Right to Privacy" by Ellen Alderman and Caroline Kennedy.  Very well written.  Scary stuff. 

I really started to hate the media after reading Arthur Ashe's autobiography "Days of Grace."  Essentially written from his death bed.  Wonderful and tragic story.  The man contracted AIDS from a blood transfusion.  He didn't tell his young daughter, and wasn't going to tell her.  A reporter discovered Ashe had the disease and called Ashe to let him know he was going to run the story.  Ashe begged him not to, citing his privacy and his daughter.  The reporter refused, claiming Ashe was a public figure and the public had a right to know (even though Ashe had been retired for years).  Ashe then held a hastily prepared press conference to make the announcement before the reporter could run the story.  Truly heartless.  Ashe was a class act.

Don't even get me started on the media.   :)   

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2006, 06:23:24 AM »
I see someone is beginning to get it.

And when you have an administration with numerous "journalists" on the payroll, controlling not only what is "reported", but also the spin to give it... who then is really in charge?

Jag, I would say you're 100% onboard with the cause of the "Media" party.   I would even go so far as to say you're one of their top lobbyist.

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2006, 06:30:56 AM »
I really hate the media.  They have an enormous amount of power and abuse it quite liberally (no pun intended).  They dictate what we talk about and how we view certain segments of society.  They constantly fan race flames by continually playing the race card.  For instance, why is it we know the racial makeup of juries in some cases, but not others?

If you ever want to get a real understanding of just how powerful and abusive the media can be, read "The Right to Privacy" by Ellen Alderman and Caroline Kennedy.  Very well written.  Scary stuff. 

I really started to hate the media after reading Arthur Ashe's autobiography "Days of Grace."  Essentially written from his death bed.  Wonderful and tragic story.  The man contracted AIDS from a blood transfusion.  He didn't tell his young daughter, and wasn't going to tell her.  A reporter discovered Ashe had the disease and called Ashe to let him know he was going to run the story.  Ashe begged him not to, citing his privacy and his daughter.  The reporter refused, claiming Ashe was a public figure and the public had a right to know (even though Ashe had been retired for years).  Ashe then held a hastily prepared press conference to make the announcement before the reporter could run the story.  Truly heartless.  Ashe was a class act.

Don't even get me started on the media.   :)   

I remember that, Beach.   >:(  I was infuriated with that.

Sadly, I have to admit that I didn't see through the smoke screen of the media until after September 11. 

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2006, 09:25:21 AM »

Sadly, I have to admit that I didn't see through the smoke screen of the media until after September 11. 

are you another conspiracy theorist?

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2006, 09:36:19 AM »
are you another conspiracy theorist?
Definitely NOT!!!! I don't think 911 was an inside job.  And I can't believe people are falling for this conspiracy theory stuff.   ::)You know, there was alot of talk that FDR and his administration conjuring up the Pearl Harbor attacks.  ::)  Yes, let's blow up our own people for the sole benefit of money and power.   ::)

Please!!!!  Gimme a break.  I'm with you Al-Gebra.  No conspiracies...Just evil-minded people in this world. 

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2006, 09:42:38 AM »
Definitely NOT!!!! I don't think 911 was an inside job.  And I can't believe people are falling for this conspiracy theory stuff.   ::)You know, there was alot of talk that FDR and his administration conjuring up the Pearl Harbor attacks.  ::)  Yes, let's blow up our own people for the sole benefit of money and power.   ::)

Please!!!!  Gimme a break.  I'm with you Al-Gebra.  No conspiracies...Just evil-minded people in this world. 

Researching why people want to believe that an "invisible hand" is out to screw them at every turn would be an interesting project.

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2006, 10:15:20 AM »
Researching why people want to believe that an "invisible hand" is out to screw them at every turn would be an interesting project.
lol

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2006, 05:59:37 PM »

umm... Colossus, I hate to break it to you, but the US government has long admitted to not only knowing in advance about Pearl Harbour, but doing everything to ensure the attack came off. That is a matter of public record. They wanted it as the impetus to rouse the support of the American public to back the idea of America joining the war. While the rest of the world, Canadians included, were fighting WWII, American troops sat on the sidelines, and didn't join in until AFTER Pearl Harbor.
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2006, 10:21:07 PM »

I agree.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2006, 11:16:48 PM »
umm... all crimes involving one or more peoples = a conspiracy. ...carry on.   :D
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2006, 12:12:37 AM »
umm... all crimes involving one or more peoples = a conspiracy. ...carry on.   :D

Umm . . . no.  Conspiracy is an agreement by two or more persons to commit a crime, plus some overt act in furtherance of the conspiracy. 

I don't believe unnamed members of the government conspired with terrorists, including Bin Laden, to murder innocent civilians, and that unnamed members of the government are now covering up this plot, with Bin Laden's help.  There is no proof of any such conspiracy.  No one even knows who the purported players are.  I can't believe people are actually even talking about it.  What a waste of time.  I get bored during the dog days of summer too, before football season starts, but not THAT bored.   

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2006, 12:18:39 AM »
Umm . . . no.  Conspiracy is an agreement by two or more persons to commit a crime, plus some overt act in furtherance of the conspiracy.

The agreement to commit the crime in the first place is sufficient to create a conspiracy.
There need not be any overt act in furtherance of the conspiracy, the mere agreement is enough.

I don't believe unnamed members of the government conspired with terrorists, including Bin Laden, to murder innocent civilians, and that unnamed members of the government are now covering up this plot, with Bin Laden's help.  There is no proof of any such conspiracy.  No one even knows who the purported players are.  I can't believe people are actually even talking about it.  What a waste of time.  I get bored during the dog days of summer too, before football season starts, but not THAT bored.   

Just bored enough to be co-dependent huh? ...wait a minute... I resemble that remark.  :-\  gotta go  :-*
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2006, 12:24:19 AM »
The agreement to commit the crime in the first place is sufficient to create a conspiracy.
There need not be any overt act in furtherance of the conspiracy, the mere agreement is enough.

Just bored enough to be co-dependent huh? ...wait a minute... I resemble that remark.  :-\  gotta go  :-*

I give up.

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2006, 06:02:43 AM »
umm... Colossus, I hate to break it to you, but the US government has long admitted to not only knowing in advance about Pearl Harbour, but doing everything to ensure the attack came off. That is a matter of public record. They wanted it as the impetus to rouse the support of the American public to back the idea of America joining the war. While the rest of the world, Canadians included, were fighting WWII, American troops sat on the sidelines, and didn't join in until AFTER Pearl Harbor.
Please show me the documentation? I'll be honest, Jag.  Considering the source that this information will be coming from, I'm already untrusting. 

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: August 10, 2006, 08:20:42 AM »
Nah, ...not Anti-American, ...but I absolutely detest the wool that's been pulled over the eyes of many Americans, ...and I sometimes struggle to keep from having utter contempt for those who buy into the lies lock stock & barrel.

I would dare say many Americans on this board detest much of the crap that you post Jag. Is that your aim? Why not try and be constructive once in a while? It seems like your whole being is posting stuff that someone else created. At least if you are going to bash America you could come up with an original thought of your own for once instead of posting something that comes from another source.
The House that Ruth built

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #43 on: August 10, 2006, 08:26:22 AM »
umm... Colossus, I hate to break it to you, but the US government has long admitted to not only knowing in advance about Pearl Harbour, but doing everything to ensure the attack came off.

That is utter and pure nonsense. The government has NEVER admitted this. That is one of the biggest lies you have ever told. Do you think people on this board were born yesterday? ::)

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #44 on: August 10, 2006, 08:28:38 AM »
Please show me the documentation? I'll be honest, Jag.  Considering the source that this information will be coming from, I'm already untrusting. 

That just proves she will say ANYTHING to portray the USA in a bad light. It has to be one of the dumbest posts ever on Getbig and thats saying a lot.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: August 11, 2006, 09:03:28 PM »

Of course you are Colossus. To even entertain such a thought as a possibility strikes deep at the heart of everything you've always believed. To see such notions that we've long held dear shattered before our very eyes, can cause you to question what others things you may have believed that were in fact false. Of course you're going to be skeptical, at best, ...but most probably hostile to it. However, if you disregard the messenger, ...the message remains the same.

That is utter and pure nonsense. The government has NEVER admitted this.

So now you're doubting de-classified documents obtained through the Freedom of Information Act?  ::)
I really feel sorry for you bmacsys, ...as well as all other Americans who have been so skillfully, so successfully, and so thoroughly deceived by her own government.

That is one of the biggest lies you have ever told. Do you think people on this board were born yesterday? ::)

No, ...but based on the level of ignorance YOU display, ...I wouldn't at all be surprised if you were.

That just proves she will say ANYTHING to portray the USA in a bad light. It has to be one of the dumbest posts ever on Getbig and thats saying a lot.

If the TRUTH portrays the USA in a bad light, ...then Americans need to examine their government.

Freedom is NOT free, ...there is a price for it, ...and that price is eternal vigilance.
Too many of you have been asleep at the wheel for far too long. It's time to WAKE UP!

The scriptures say "You shall know the truth, ...and the truth shall set you free", ...but as long as you persist in clinging to the lie, you will forever be captive to those that would lie to you, and kill you without blinking an eye or losing any sleep.

w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: August 12, 2006, 01:17:38 AM »

I have to agree.  It would make my top ten list.   :)  Let me get this straight:  the United States government admitted to doing everything it could to ensure Japan bombed Pearl Harbor?   ???  Pretty wild stuff.