Author Topic: How many pple put the reason they are in here today downto Arnold and Stallone?  (Read 2628 times)

Army of One

• Getbig V
Reading the commando thread made me realise most children of the eighties-early 90's grew up watching Arnold and Sly flicks, I know myself I was watching enter the dragon from the age of 3 onwards due to older brothers and was fed on Arnold and Sly movies and thats why im probably interested in lifting today, any others?

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
Arnold from Terminator 2.
just push some weight!

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
Sure, it probably had a huge influence.
the 80s were full of action movies with muscles.

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
Sly for sure. I idolized him as kid. Even though he only weighed 160, I still think he looked great in rocky 4. I liked Arnold as well, but never saw much use to be that big personally.
E

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
Arnold for me more than Sly, I liked Sly in cliffhanger/demolition man when he was bigger.
bodybuildersreality.com

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
Arnold for me more than Sly, I liked Sly in cliffhanger/demolition man when he was bigger.

yes he looked good then, and he was what, 50?

Sly is really the way to go, he still looks great.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
pumpster is here because of sly stallone
Z

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
I saw a clip of the 1999 Arnold Classic on TV, when Nasser won, and I went to Sam's Club with my parents and I bought 40lb dumbbell set.   I was 15.   I only worked arms and chest with the dumbbells and did chins outside. 

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
Predator & Conan !!
Arnolds best condition!! :o

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
Predator & Conan !!
Arnolds best condition!! :o
Not T1?
bodybuildersreality.com

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
  • Owner AtLarge Nutrition
Arnold definitely had an influence on my early years in the iron game.
w

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
Yep I blame Sly for where I am today.  Without his (wifes) input in my carreer I would probably still be in LA kicking ass.  But now I am in horrible Hawaii wasting my life away.  I love it

Army of One

• Getbig V
BTW onlyme I was training in a gym in NJ a few weeks ago and some guy there was a previous world arm wrestlling champ and apparently was in over the top, I was told his name but it escapes me now.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
BTW onlyme I was training in a gym in NJ a few weeks ago and some guy there was a previous world arm wrestlling champ and apparently was in over the top, I was told his name but it escapes me now.

Was he big.  What did he look like

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • THE FLAG OF THE ZAPATISTA ARMY OF LIBERATION
yep i would say arnold cuz in terminator 1 he almost looked like he could compete again for mr olympia..in its first scene when arnie come in nude,his chest looks like as if its going to explode..after watching this scene i wanted to have a chest that would look like that..definetly arnold..
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
Arnold for sure is i would say my main influence to get into BBing scene, i always liked him as an actor. When i got older i eventually stumbled into his BBing career cause i started to lift a little and i bought pumping iron cause it was the only BBing movie i knew of and i watched it over and over, eventually bought mags and came online to find out more about him and the others in the movie. Now it's my #1 hobby/thing in my life. :)
I

Slick Vic

Arnold, baby!  8)

At age 15 I knew of him as an 'actor' but not so much as a bodybuilder until I wanted to change my body as a New Year resolution. It was then I picked up an issue of Flex magazine and saw in the back pages a black & white photo of Arnold doing a side-chest shot. From that moment, it was on.  ;D

SulkingGreekGod

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Arnold!

I was 9 years old, forever being told I "couldn't do that." Rented a copy of The Terminator, cue scene where the gun shop owner says "Hey mister, you can't do that."

Arnold: "Wrong--" BOOM! (blows the guy away with a shotgun blast)

Instant idolization.