Author Topic: What would BBing be like without Getbig.com?  (Read 4237 times)

ReEvolution

• Getbig III
  • goodbye ronnie
Re: What would BBing be like without Getbig.com?
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2006, 01:20:34 AM »
Pro BB lacks mainstream media coverage, making the internet the place to get up to date bodybuilding info.  getbig will only get bigger.
two thumbs WAY up!!!

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2006, 01:28:03 AM »
Pro BB lacks mainstream media coverage, making the internet the place to get up to date bodybuilding info.  getbig will only get bigger.

Indeed, I see outside money somehow getting onto this board without the use of ads just because of it's hardcore popularity among regulars and those who are becoming regualrs. I for one am glad I found this site when I did and eventually signed up cause I am well established and gaining in senority early so when start becoming an old head I hopefully will get some respect from motha fockers around here ;D
I

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2006, 01:57:31 AM »
For me it's hard, I am 20 and basically almost completely self taught when it come to lifting and BBing ( I got 2 mag subscription, arnolds ency, ISSA study book and even though i only have a GED i did score in the top 90-95% on all my test except reading/writing i think which was top 88% so i would say i have a fairly decent intelligence ) and it's very hard for me in my area to find anyone near my age who is on the same level as I am. I find that I only preach and give advice about lifting but never recieve anything in return but hey atleast I am being proactive. :)

Awesome. Now let's see some pictures.

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2006, 02:08:08 AM »
Indeed, I see outside money somehow getting onto this board without the use of ads just because of it's hardcore popularity among regulars and those who are becoming regualrs. I for one am glad I found this site when I did and eventually signed up cause I am well established and gaining in senority early so when start becoming an old head I hopefully will get some respect from motha fockers around here ;D

I don't give a damn about respect here. If you have to "pay your dues" to get noticed, then this board is just the same as the supposed IFBB's judging panel's views, which everyone seems to hate. I came here for training advice and to see what it was about. I don't post much, but I do respect people's opinions and suggestions. Whether they respect mine is not my problem.

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2006, 02:20:07 AM »
I don't give a damn about respect here. If you have to "pay your dues" to get noticed, then this board is just the same as the supposed IFBB's judging panel's views, which everyone seems to hate. I came here for training advice and to see what it was about. I don't post much, but I do respect people's opinions and suggestions. Whether they respect mine is not my problem.

It's not about paying any dues but rather about establishing who you are and what your all about, the more people know about your opinions the more likely they will back you up or respect your opinion when it's an educated one. I for one respect those who have been here for a good while and aren't constantly making asses out of themselves, it's all about your credibility and look how those who how very little are treated.

I

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2006, 02:29:54 AM »
The training/steroid/natural bodybuilding/bodybuilders forum are probably the best places for adult discussion. This Gossip and Opinion board is a bunch of crap. Like someone said, get rid of the "sarcasms" and "alexxx's" and this place would get alot more done.

Why's that?

Gossip and opinions is like a good bar. you meet people, some chat, some discuss, and others joke around. Some may be a little too drunk and get aggressive.
The other boards are pretty straight, and this is good. Here is the place for serious discussion. You have the bodybuilders board, history, training, nutrition, steroids, even sex and religion. Gossip is a fun place.
and for all the nutsacs, there are the alpahbet boards.
this way getbig is getbig. if you don't like sarcasm and alexxx, go and kiss ass over at mayhem.  ;D

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2006, 02:42:35 AM »
getbig.com needs to 'weed out' or ban the haters until they adopt a more civilised tone rather than hiding behind a keyboard on the internet (with themselves acting as the mouse).

Haters are in the same 'gene pool' as racists, sexists, bigots ie. outdated and in dire need of an education.

Getbig provides instant access to the latest info, photo's, pro's etc... something we could only dream of 20 years ago. Kudos to Ron and friends for making this dream come true and keeping everyone informed and up to date.

So its all positive in the main!

Whilst I would not really be lumped into the "hater" group here I disagree with what you say. 

Most of us like it the way it is here.  We're not really concerned whether you think it is 'civilised', this board happens to appeal to people with a certain appetite for a "whatever goes" discussion. 

If you disagree with the way the board is functioning then start posting and fight the good fight old chap.  You'll soon find that the ones who do post here have very little interest for your vision.   

The thing that very few people outside of these types of places understand is that there are certain people in this world who actually enjoy conflict and the freedom to say what they want.

Bodybuilding just isn't that interesting without opinions :)

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2006, 04:04:14 AM »
totally agree.
Thanks to the haters, you also get different opinions here, and also people telling things that are deleted in other boards.

getbig is the best, and the so called haters are one reason, very liberal mods are the other.

don't let this board become on of those ass kissing boards, with threads like 'xxx looks really great' and only answers like

'i agree', 'you're the best', 'i buy all your dvds' and stuff come up.

getbig is like raw benchpressing, leave the shitty shirts at home.  ;D

David Shaw

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2006, 05:26:11 AM »
David Shaw, your just a newb in terms of posting and activity, just give it time and if your a true BBing fan you will come to love site for what it is.

Hey MikeThaMachine, thanks for the reply. I've been a visitor to getbig.com from downunder for a number of years... more a 'reader' than a poster... enjoy reading the diversity of opinions / latest info regardless of the trolls and their infantile posts (although they can be quite funny at times!).

Yeah, thats getbig: Number 1, baby!

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2006, 05:32:52 AM »
enjoy reading the diversity of opinions / latest info regardless of the trolls and their infantile posts (although they can be quite funny at times!).

I am so used to crap here that i can easily block out the crap i am not tryin to read and focus on the point but there are times i like to join in on the fun and just act like an ass ;D
I

Slick Vic

« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2006, 06:01:27 AM »
do you think it has been more positive or negative and what do you think the major influence of Getbig is?
More positive or negative? I'm gonna go with both.

And as for Getbig's influence? I have seen time and time again Getbig mentioned in numerous muscle magazines. You've got Flexonline and Muscle Mayhem, but Getbig is where everyone goes to. Simply put.... Getbig is the best and most popular 'bodybuilding' message board out there - at least in my book.  ;D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2006, 06:05:25 AM »
Yeah always remember your roots ;D

I have told some peeps i know about your sites and recommended you through me if they ever need site for a good price, as long as you still have the comission going ;D

Yessir.  $25 for every person who buys a site... just tell them to gimme the paypal addy to send it to :)