Author Topic: Creatine Experts  (Read 5759 times)

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
Creatine Experts
« on: August 06, 2006, 01:45:21 PM »
The creatine subject is always resurfacing. 
Time for a sticky.
Who wants to put something together?
:

pobrecito

• Getbig V
Re: Creatine Experts
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2006, 02:23:08 PM »
5 grams creatine monohydrate in the post-workout shake with whey and dextrose, with a 2:1 ratio of carbs to protein ;)

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2006, 03:47:04 PM »
5 grams creatine monohydrate in the post-workout shake with whey and dextrose, with a 2:1 ratio of carbs to protein ;)

Did you read that in FLEX magazine?  ::)

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2006, 04:01:23 PM »

Re: Request for GETITONY, aka John D.
« Reply #199 on: July 17, 2006, 09:07:23 PM » Quote Modify Remove 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NJ Flex the first thing I would like to say is Gaspari and Labrada, both made some really good products.The 2 products you mentioned are there only downfalls Gaspari, Super Pump 250 and Labrada Supercharge.The problem is both of these companies used Tri Creatine Malate.If you know anything about Creatine, it can only be bonded to a Monohydrate, which is water.Tri -Creatine Malate is creatine supposably bonded to Malic Acid.The problem with this is creaine Monohydrate has a PH( parts Hydrogen) of 6.5.If you acid an acid, such as Malic Acid it lowers the Ph  to the point it will get the proper reaction.In other words it they will not bond together.The only way they could be making Tricreatine Malate is to just mic Creatine Monohydrate with Malic Acid.The problem with this is once you put them in liquid or digest them the compounds completelty seperate.So what they attempted to do is useless.What you can do is make your own kick ass creatine product.Just go to bodybuilding .com, and get what you need.You will need Kre-Alkalyn, L-Arginine , Chromium, caffiene, and some Dextrose.Now take 1 teaspoon of Kre-ALkalyn , 1 teaspoon of L-Arginine, 60Mcg of chromium, and Dextrose.You can get the Higher Power brand of Chromium and caffiene pills, and there pretty cheap.Now take 1 teasppon of Kre-Alkalyn ,1 teaspoon of L-Arginine and 2 table spoons of Dextrose.To flavor it add Crystal Light of Kool-Aide.Now put all of this in a glass, and add 8 to 10 oz of water.Then take 200 mg of Caffeine  in pill form, and 60 Mcg of Chromium in pill form.Now take the caffiene and chrmoium, put them in your mouth  and wash it down with the Kre-Alkalyn ,L-Arginine ,Dextrose mix.Take these ingredients 30 minutes prior to trainingThis is a failry inexpensive thing you can do yourself and I guarantee its more effective then Super Pump 250 and Recharge.I could make it more complex, but I made it simply enough that almost anyone can do this.This blend is just about the same thing all these other companies are doing, Creatine ,caffiene ,L-Arginine ,Chroimum and some carbs to fill the muscle cell with glycogen.We make a product name Full Throttle that is very effective, but if your looking for an inexpensive creatine that is better then 90 % of  all the creatine products out there, the mixture I told you will really give you alot of bang for your buck.I think Labrada, and Gaspari make alot of good products, but as far as the Super pump 250 and the recharge, they will give you energy, and pumps, but the creatine they are using is totally useless.

Rhino

• Getbig IV
  • Jesus Christ is lord and savior
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2006, 04:59:04 PM »
I do what fits into my work, life, day ect...

I take it in the morning after breakfast. Then I hit the gym. After training, I have my post/w. carbs and protein. I usually eat yogurt and cottage cheese (works for me). Next, I go to work. I eat the rest of my food at work.

My last creatine dose is before bed, after my whey protein shake, or mixed in with it.

Sure, I know there are better ways to get more results. I have done the post/w. creatine carbs, but it was harder for me to do this as I'm always on the go. Taking my creaine at home in the morn. and at night make my life much easier. So, that's why it works for me.
X

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2006, 06:08:13 PM »
I was thinking more along the lines of

Cycling
Forms
When
How much
Taken with
:

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2006, 08:20:57 PM »
Okay Princess when it comes to creatine, its pretty simple .First of all you do not need to load on creatine .That was a marketing ploy Bill Philips came up so people would use more creatine.So for the first week everbody who loaded on creatine, had an upset stomach or it went right through them.A man under 200 lbs only need 5 grams of Kre-Alkalyn and 10 grams of any other  form of creatine.A man who weighs 200-250 lbs needs 7.5 grams of Kre-Alkayln or 15 grams of any other form of creatine.If a man weighs 250 lbs of more he can take up to 10 grams of Kre-Alkalyn or 20 grams of creatine
As far as when to take creatine 30 minutes before training on an empty stomach .This way it can get into the blood stream and increase your ATP levels.I know alot of companies tell you to take creatine after training, but it should be taken before training.Then after training take L-Glutamine .Never take creatine and L-Glutamine at the same time because they compete for the same cell receptor, and will cancel each other out.Taking creatin and L-Glutamine together is like workinbg on your car, and driving it at the same time, its foolish.They both increase cell volume, but one gives explosive energy (atp) and the other repairs broken down muscle cells.

Types of creatine The best by far is Kre-Alkalyn because it has a ph( parts hydrogen ) of 12-14 so its at an alkalyn levle so it never converts to creatinine.A nasty by product of creatine that is toxic, and causes, bloating cramping .There are other forms of creatine , such as Creatine Malate, Creatine bonded to Malic Acid.Creatine Citrate, Creatine bonded to Citric Acid,Creatine Ester, creatine bonded to a Lipid or a fat molecule,Creatine Ethyl Ester ,Creatine bonded to Ethyl ( alcohol) Ester ( lipid or fat ),
Creatine Pyruvate, creatine bonded to Pyruvic Acid ,Micronized Creatine, creatine that has been milled to a finer powder,Evervescent creatine, creatine that is a sodium bicarbonate ,creatine Anhydrous, creatine, that has been has been dried longer so it has less water weight.Creatine Serum, creatine in a liquid for usually in aloe vera, or some form of sugar water.thats pretty much covers 99% of the cratine thats out there.

As far as taking things with creatine, depends on how extravagant you want to go.You have the basics, creatine with Dextrose, or another simple sugar.The main thing is never take creatine with protein powder.Because protein is the hardest thing to digest there for the creatine never gets into the muscle cell..If you can try to use only Kre-Alkalyn products if posible, because you dont need to use as much, and your body abosorbs it so much better.Even women can take Kre-Alkalyn and not hold water.But there are some other decent product out there like BSN no eXPLODE, Labrada Recharge, Gaspari , Super Pump 250 just to name a few.If you want Kre-Alkalyn there is ALL American Pharm. Sci Fit, Ultra Labs, Higher Power, and Extreme labs.
As far as cycling creatine, I would suggest 8 weeks on and 2 weeks off .
The most important thing to do if your taking creatine is to drink 1 to 2 gallons of water per day.This way you wont have water retention and it will be alot easier on your kidneys and liver

250Ben250

• Getbig III
  • skinman approved.
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2006, 08:07:22 PM »
GetitonNY -

I read a quote from Patrick Arnold indicating that Kre-Alkyln is buffered in part by a some sort of basic salt, and as a result could add a pretty significant amount of sodium into the diet. I currently use Sci-Fit's Kre-alkyln and I love it, but I haven't not heard the salt thing before. Any info?

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2006, 10:55:14 PM »
Ben, Kre-Alkalyn has very very little sodium , so little you cant count it as a having sodium in it.Ben let me ask you why are you on a low sodium diet? Did you know sodium is very anabolic, enhances strength, and fills you out?  The only time I cut my sodium is 3 days before a show.If your so worried about sodium, and water retention just drink alot of water, it will flush out all the sodium you take it

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2006, 04:14:13 AM »

Loading        no
Cycling        yes, 8 weeks on, 4 weeks off
Forms         plain creatin monohydrate is ok
When         in the morning and pwo
How much   5g
Taken with  warm water, followed by carbs 30 minutes later.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2006, 04:25:46 AM »
with 8 stickys allready i say no. what are you trying to do, battle the natural board over most stickys
Z

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2006, 01:28:52 PM »
with 8 stickys allready i say no. what are you trying to do, battle the natural board over most stickys

The same questions come up time after time, so it only makes sense to have a point of reference.

How much do I take?
When do I take it?
What to mix it with?
Should I cycle it?
What about Kre-alklyn, CEE,
etc. etc. etc.
 ::)
The answers don't change.

I'm not the one asking the questions. 

:

250Ben250

• Getbig III
  • skinman approved.
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2006, 07:20:50 PM »
Ben, Kre-Alkalyn has very very little sodium , so little you cant count it as a having sodium in it.Ben let me ask you why are you on a low sodium diet? Did you know sodium is very anabolic, enhances strength, and fills you out?  The only time I cut my sodium is 3 days before a show.If your so worried about sodium, and water retention just drink alot of water, it will flush out all the sodium you take it

Not too concerned with it, for me its more of a timing issue. I have actually gotten great strength/pump results from having a moderate-high amount of sodium pre-workout, believe it or not the pump was better for me than any NO product I've tried actually. But when I use this technique I do try to watch the amount/timing of sodium I take in throughout the day, I still think there's something to be said for moderating overall sodium intake...