Author Topic: Another Nasser video???  (Read 1656 times)

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
Another Nasser video???
« on: August 06, 2006, 06:07:49 PM »
It looks like Nasser has jsut released part 7 of his video series "Nasser on the Way".

I wonder where he's going  :-\

It should be called "How to keep your Weider contract well beyond your competitive prime"

bailey

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: Another Nasser video???
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2006, 06:43:10 PM »
Have you ever seen Nasser's Vids. I have never seen such crappy form on exercises. If he does not understand the decline In his physique he needs to look at his own Videos. We have all seen the goofs at the gym who move or lift the weight about an Inch or two, but It's kind of weird seeing such bad form on a " PRO " of Nasser's stature. I'm mean It's so bad that no one's body could ever, ever grow from such bad form, half inch movements, too heavy weights. Maybe somebody can post a clip of Nasser training  ( Back ) I mean you have to see his weighted pullups.
It's a sight to behold !!!! What I don't understand Is that Nasser is supposedly a smart man.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2006, 07:42:43 PM »
Have you ever seen Nasser's Vids. I have never seen such crappy form on exercises. If he does not understand the decline In his physique he needs to look at his own Videos. We have all seen the goofs at the gym who move or lift the weight about an Inch or two, but It's kind of weird seeing such bad form on a " PRO " of Nasser's stature. I'm mean It's so bad that no one's body could ever, ever grow from such bad form, half inch movements, too heavy weights. Maybe somebody can post a clip of Nasser training  ( Back ) I mean you have to see his weighted pullups.
It's a sight to behold !!!! What I don't understand Is that Nasser is supposedly a smart man.

I can’t disagree that Nasser has what many would call “bad form” but ultimately, so what?  Obviously, he is doing what works for him.   Would his body look dramatically better if he had perfect form?  I doubt it.

He’s not a personal trainer and anyone who buys his videos is doing so because they already like him and just want to see him.  Would anyone seriously buy a Nasser video hoping to learn something new about weight training?  Or to learn proper form?

Given the change in physiques in everyone from Tom Prince to Mike Morris to Mark McGuire I don’t think anyone is under the illusion that form has anything to do with Nasser’s physique.

They guy helped redefine MASS for his generation of pros and those that followed.

pobrecito

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2006, 07:47:07 PM »
If Yates did rows using Nasser's form - he would have used well over 700lbs

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2006, 09:42:53 PM »
lol at the fanny-pack in the Egyptian photo

bailey

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2006, 09:04:33 AM »
Bay. I agree that he built one of the most freaky competition physiques ever regardless of his form. What I'm saying Is that , It's not just a little bit of sloppy form here and there with Nasser's training.
I'm saying that His lifting in those videos is so appalling and so bad that watching It makes you shake your head in disbelief. There Is
" NO WAY ON EARTH " Anyone could build any muscle training like that. He knows what is on his videos and you would think he would lighten up the weights a little so that he doesn't look like an Idiot !
Once again It's not a "Pro " lifting a little sloppy here and there. Like you said I know some people are not buying Nasser's Videos for the training. However I am not one of those people.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2006, 10:39:20 AM »
...Once again It's not a "Pro " lifting a little sloppy here and there. Like you said I know some people are not buying Nasser's Videos for the training. However I am not one of those people.

So are you saying you ARE buying his videos to learn about training?  If that’s the case, I don’t believe you.

There are a dozen other ways for you to learn about serious training and proper form that would not involve buying a Nasser video.  I repeat, people who spend $40 on bodybuilder video are doing so because they are already familiar with the guy, like him for one reason or another, and what to see him on tape; it’s not about learning how to lift weights. 

After all, if that’s what you (or anyone else) wanted wouldn’t you buy a tape from a Mr. O winner?  How many first place titles does Nasser hold?  Not many according to musclememory.com.

The fact that you recognize Nasser has bad form is further proof that you don’t (and didn’t) need to buy is video in order to learn how to train.

Virtually ALL those bodybuilder videos are a form of income, entertainment, and adulation.  Not that there's anything wrong with that.

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2006, 12:28:53 PM »
I wonder what sissies kept on buying those fcuking nasser videos. That mothafcuker aint even competing anymore. he probably still shooting synthol up his ass, and still making those annoying "nasser on the way" piece of shyt
Get Big, or Die Trying

bailey

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2006, 12:35:40 PM »
Bay. Nasser trains at my gym. A friend of mine had his first three vids.
Being bodybuilding, I of course checked them out. That's why I was wondering after watching them why anyone would buy them..

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2006, 12:51:42 PM »
I wonder what sissies kept on buying those fcuking nasser videos. That mothafcuker aint even competing anymore. he probably still shooting synthol up his ass, and still making those annoying "nasser on the way" piece of shyt

If buying a Nasser video makes one a sissy, you might as well say the same thing about all the other video buyers out there--including the ones on this site.  Do you really believe people are buying those videos to learn about body building? ::)

Bay. Nasser trains at my gym. A friend of mine had his first three vids.
Being bodybuilding, I of course checked them out. That's why I was wondering after watching them why anyone would buy them..

Obviously, there IS a market for these videos and it’s a large one--but it’s probably not the one you’re thinking of.  Openly gay men, like me, are unlikely to buy these videos because we’re perfectly comfortable going to the neighborhood muscle (gay) bar and hooking up with a huge guy directly.  Videos are titillating when you’re (emotionally) an adolescent but once you’re an adult you don’t bother with pictures when you can have the real thing.

As I see it, the market for these vids are closeted, bicurious, and “straight” dudes who aren’t ready to acknowledge this particular appetite and have therefore convinced themselves that buying such videos is all about hard core training and body building.  Not coincidentally the last two guys I met who owned such videos were bi.

Another pool of buyers is the wimpy schmoes who never hit the gym (lazy, scared, ignorant) yet always longed to be (with) a big dude.  When you're 5'7" and 150lbs, these videos are as close as you will ever come.  Everyone has fantasies and this is theirs...

Like I said, it’s a huge market.  Make no mistake about it, there are people out there who are buying Nasser’s used articles of clothing.  Though that's a whole other fetish unto itself.  :-\