Author Topic: Androgenic vs. Anabolic - Driving me insane help!!!  (Read 1702 times)

boonstack

• Getbig IV
  • watch out ladies... chaos is on the prowl
Androgenic vs. Anabolic - Driving me insane help!!!
« on: August 06, 2006, 08:02:46 PM »
Ok newbie here and have been doing as much possible research on juice as I can.. I bought Anabolics 2006 and am trying to absorb it, but I'm just having SOME misunderstandings--

I know "Anabolic" - means skeletal muscle growth
Androgenic - means secondary male characteristics.

Just reading an article at mesomorphosis.com saying "To get all out mass, we need to attack our system from all angles. We need steroids that are highly androgenic and highly anabolic.
I thought Androgenic properties were just a definite response to injecting anyway?? Why do you NEED Androgenic properties when all u want is muscle growth?

Well, when i think of "anabolic" steroids all that comes to mind is you inject test and it makes your muscles grow (anabolic).... but i dont get where ANDROGEN comes into play? What exactly IS Androgen? Arnold Jr. sent me a link and i somewhat understand, but if someone could give me a "FOR DUMMIES" style answer,thatd be good.

sportingsteroids

• Getbig IV
Re: Androgenic vs. Anabolic - Driving me insane help!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2006, 11:33:08 PM »
androgenic side effects  includes  oily skin, acne, body or facial hair growth, premature balding, ....proscar or propecia   should be able to minimize such side effects, as it  will limit the test to DHT conversion process .
w

Extreme Muscle

• Getbig II
  • http://chemicallyevolved.com/phpBB2/
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2006, 02:35:38 AM »
Ok newbie here and have been doing as much possible research on juice as I can.. I bought Anabolics 2006 and am trying to absorb it, but I'm just having SOME misunderstandings--

I know "Anabolic" - means skeletal muscle growth
Androgenic - means secondary male characteristics.

Just reading an article at mesomorphosis.com saying "To get all out mass, we need to attack our system from all angles. We need steroids that are highly androgenic and highly anabolic.
I thought Androgenic properties were just a definite response to injecting anyway?? Why do you NEED Androgenic properties when all u want is muscle growth?

Well, when i think of "anabolic" steroids all that comes to mind is you inject test and it makes your muscles grow (anabolic).... but i dont get where ANDROGEN comes into play? What exactly IS Androgen? Arnold Jr. sent me a link and i somewhat understand, but if someone could give me a "FOR DUMMIES" style answer,thatd be good.

anabolic: to build up/to grow/to store...summary to define anabolic.

androgenic (here I will go more indepth): ok theoreticaly speaking if all u want is anabolism of proteins you would just go for steroids with high anabolic proporties, this being true (in theory) although androgens play a big role in muscle growth. Androgen from anabolic steroids binds to the AR (androrgen receptor) and can also induce muscle growth. Androgens to put simply is the main effect in testosterone and other AAS that induces the male sex characteristics (Examples-facial hair growth,chest hair,deepend voice, aggression ECT. ECT.). also to add highly androgenic steroids will ussually make ur muscle's extremly dense and hard. they will have a more defined and vascular appearence, but highly androgenic steroids have some sides most commonly being acne and aggression as well as other typical sides u will face with any AAS.

some highly anabolic/androgenic steroids: testosterone, mastabol, methandriol di propionate, dianabol, trenbolone
some low andbolic/androgenic steroids: anavar, winstrol, primobolan

Oh and I have to mention that most steroids that are high in androgens are also highly anabolic. ussually the less andrgenis the less anabolic.

Dont quote me on this but I also think that androegns help keep the AR open there fore increaseing the anabloic effect.

sportingsteroids

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2006, 03:40:12 AM »
this read explan all
w

sportingsteroids

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2006, 03:44:09 AM »
Like all steroid receptors, the androgen receptor has several functional domains. Androgen receptors have a DNA binding domain, a hinge section, and the hormone binding domain. There is only one active form of the androgen receptor. Smaller forms represent proteolytic fragments that are not considered physiologically relevant. The androgen receptor is most closely related to the progesterone receptor, and progestins in higher dosages can block the androgen receptor.
w

sportingsteroids

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2006, 03:46:15 AM »
In some cell types testosterone interacts directly with androgen receptors while in others testosterone is converted by 5-alpha-reductase to dihydrotestosterone, an even more potent agonist for androgen receptor activation. Examples are derivatives of the Wolffian duct for the former, and derivatives of the urogenital sinus, the urogenital tubercle, and hair follicles for the latter.

The first known mechanism of action for androgen receptors was direct regulation of gene transcription. After androgen binds to an androgen receptor, restructuring with dimerization follows and the activated receptor complex enters the nucleus and binds to DNA. Androgen receptors interact with other proteins in the nucleus so as to cause alterations in gene transcription. Often the change in transcription is an activation resulting in formation of more messenger RNA that interacts with ribosomes to produce specific proteins. One of the known target genes of androgen receptor activation is insulin-like growth factor I (IGF-1). Thus, changes in levels of specific proteins in cells is one way that androgen receptors control cell behavior.

More recently, androgen recptors have been shown to have a second mode of action. As has been also found for other steroid hormone receptors such as estrogen receptors, androgen receptors can have actions that are independent of their interactions with DNA[3]. Androgen receptors interact with certain signal transduction proteins in the cytoplasm. Androgen binding to cytoplasmic androgen receptors can cause rapid changes in cell function independent of changes in gene transcription, such as changes in ion transport. Regulation of signal transduction pathways by cytoplasmic androgen receptors can indirectly lead to changes in gene transcription, for example, by leading to phosphorylation of other transcription factors.
w