Author Topic: Al Gore "Do As I Say (Not As I Do)"  (Read 6742 times)

Eldon

• Getbig III
Al Gore "Do As I Say (Not As I Do)"
« on: August 10, 2006, 07:35:12 AM »
Gore isn't quite as green as he's led the world to believe !

http://www.usatoday.com/news/opinion/editorials/2006-08-09-gore-green_x.htm

By Peter Schweizer
Al Gore has spoken: The world must embrace a "carbon-neutral lifestyle." To do otherwise, he says, will result in a cataclysmic catastrophe. "Humanity is sitting on a ticking time bomb," warns the website for his film, An Inconvenient Truth. "We have just 10 years to avert a major catastrophe that could send our entire planet into a tailspin."

Graciously, Gore tells consumers how to change their lives to curb their carbon-gobbling ways: Switch to compact fluorescent light bulbs, use a clothesline, drive a hybrid, use renewable energy, dramatically cut back on consumption. Better still, responsible global citizens can follow Gore's example, because, as he readily points out in his speeches, he lives a "carbon-neutral lifestyle." But if Al Gore is the world's role model for ecology, the planet is doomed.

For someone who says the sky is falling, he does very little. He says he recycles and drives a hybrid. And he claims he uses renewable energy credits to offset the pollution he produces when using a private jet to promote his film. (In reality, Paramount Classics, the film's distributor, pays this.)

Public records reveal that as Gore lectures Americans on excessive consumption, he and his wife Tipper live in two properties: a 10,000-square-foot, 20-room, eight-bathroom home in Nashville, and a 4,000-square-foot home in Arlington, Va. (He also has a third home in Carthage, Tenn.) For someone rallying the planet to pursue a path of extreme personal sacrifice, Gore requires little from himself.

Then there is the troubling matter of his energy use. In the Washington, D.C., area, utility companies offer wind energy as an alternative to traditional energy. In Nashville, similar programs exist. Utility customers must simply pay a few extra pennies per kilowatt hour, and they can continue living their carbon-neutral lifestyles knowing that they are supporting wind energy. Plenty of businesses and institutions have signed up. Even the Bush administration is using green energy for some federal office buildings, as are thousands of area residents.

But according to public records, there is no evidence that Gore has signed up to use green energy in either of his large residences. When contacted Wednesday, Gore's office confirmed as much but said the Gores were looking into making the switch at both homes. Talk about inconvenient truths.

Gore is not alone. Democratic National Committee Chairman Howard Dean has said, "Global warming is happening, and it threatens our very existence." The DNC website applauds the fact that Gore has "tried to move people to act." Yet, astoundingly, Gore's persuasive powers have failed to convince his own party: The DNC has not signed up to pay an additional two pennies a kilowatt hour to go green. For that matter, neither has the Republican National Committee.

Maybe our very existence isn't threatened.

Gore has held these apocalyptic views about the environment for some time. So why, then, didn't Gore dump his family's large stock holdings in Occidental (Oxy) Petroleum? As executor of his family's trust, over the years Gore has controlled hundreds of thousands of dollars in Oxy stock. Oxy has been mired in controversy over oil drilling in ecologically sensitive areas.

Living carbon-neutral apparently doesn't mean living oil-stock free. Nor does it necessarily mean giving up a mining royalty either.

Humanity might be "sitting on a ticking time bomb," but Gore's home in Carthage is sitting on a zinc mine. Gore receives $20,000 a year in royalties from Pasminco Zinc, which operates a zinc concession on his property. Tennessee has cited the company for adding large quantities of barium, iron and zinc to the nearby Caney Fork River.

The issue here is not simply Gore's hypocrisy; it's a question of credibility. If he genuinely believes the apocalyptic vision he has put forth and calls for radical changes in the way other people live, why hasn't he made any radical change in his life? Giving up the zinc mine or one of his homes is not asking much, given that he wants the rest of us to radically change our lives.

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
Re: Al Gore "Do As I Say (Not As I Do)"
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2006, 07:40:59 AM »
gore has always been full of hot air . . . while global warming seems to be for real, i'm afraid he's not.

wonder what he drives?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2006, 11:59:50 AM »
Thank God he was never elected president. 

gumbo

• Getbig I
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2006, 12:10:51 PM »
Al Gore is a shitbum.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2006, 12:12:51 PM »
Show some respect, don't you know he invented the internet?

Without his genius none of us would be here.

body88

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2006, 03:15:36 PM »
Ha ha I bet every person that made a negative gore comment never even saw his movie ::) That is the best defense the anti gore people can come up with then good luck wit that crusade lol. Last time I checked one can live in a large home and be envirementally savvy. Al Gore is doing something. What the fuck are his critics up to? We all know the white house isnt full of a bunch of morons.  Further more this is stone hurling. Gore does the biggest service to the envirment he can. He reaches millions of people with his message. Changed my opinion on the whole subject. While I am not the most green guy out there I do try to recycle now.

Algebra you might want to read the part of the article that states Gore drives a hybrid.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2006, 03:57:56 PM »
Why is "green energy" more expensive than regular energy?

Why aren't there tax reliefs on "green energy" so the prices are the same?`

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2006, 06:39:41 PM »
Why is "green energy" more expensive than regular energy?

Why aren't there tax reliefs on "green energy" so the prices are the same?`

YIP
Zack

we have the most deregulated economy in the developed world, so "tax credits" for green energy are not on our horizon . . . we let the "market" decide prices . . .

body88, Gore "says" he drives a hybrid . . . I'm just assuming his hybrid is like Kerry's "I own/I do not own/my wife owns a GMC SUV" . . . or like Clinton's "I did not have sex with that woman" . . . perhaps I'm wrong.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2006, 07:02:39 PM »
we have the most deregulated economy in the developed world, so "tax credits" for green energy are not on our horizon . . . we let the "market" decide prices . . .

body88, Gore "says" he drives a hybrid . . . I'm just assuming his hybrid is like Kerry's "I own/I do not own/my wife owns a GMC SUV" . . . or like Clinton's "I did not have sex with that woman" . . . perhaps I'm wrong.

I like the new guy's line... "I did not blow up my country's own buildings" lol... classic!

body88

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2006, 08:12:22 PM »

I used to live 1 street over from kerry in beacon hill. he has a grey porcshe and his wife drives a pt cruiser. There are alot of surburbans but I think that was always the secret service.

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2006, 10:48:24 PM »
I used to live 1 street over from kerry in beacon hill. he has a grey porcshe and his wife drives a pt cruiser. There are alot of surburbans but I think that was always the secret service.

i'm sure he keeps the GMC SUV at his country estate/ski lodge . . . come on now, city cars for the city.

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2006, 10:51:49 PM »
I like the new guy's line... "I did not blow up my country's own buildings" lol... classic!

240 . . . when you're over your lefty phase . . . I guess you'll realize that there's tons of things that happened during Clinton's presidency that were even more fishy . . . blowjobs were the least of them. murders/suicides/presidential pardons/bribery/soldiers hung out to dry/being blown up/bin ladin allowed to grow fat(in a manner of speaking) in the bosom of the taliban,  etc . . . . I expect you will be running with these things soon.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2006, 12:00:43 AM »
240 . . . when you're over your lefty phase . . . I guess you'll realize that there's tons of things that happened during Clinton's presidency that were even more fishy . . . blowjobs were the least of them. murders/suicides/presidential pardons/bribery/soldiers hung out to dry/being blown up/bin ladin allowed to grow fat(in a manner of speaking) in the bosom of the taliban,  etc . . . . I expect you will be running with these things soon.

oh, that is why i campaigned for bush so hard!  the body count was horrendous!  I thought Bush would bring honor back.  I didn't know we'd have 911 then a really bad cover-up/investigation. 

body88

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2006, 06:16:11 AM »
i'm sure he keeps the GMC SUV at his country estate/ski lodge . . . come on now, city cars for the city.

Could very well be. Just telling you in the 2 years I lived next to him all I ever saw was a porshe under a car cover and the pt cruiser. When he was running he was never home tho. If he was, he was driven by the secret service or whatever they are.

Eldon

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2006, 07:55:21 AM »
Could very well be. Just telling you in the 2 years I lived next to him all I ever saw was a porshe under a car cover and the pt cruiser. When he was running he was never home tho. If he was, he was driven by the secret service or whatever they are.

Maybe you don't remember.......
 but back during the Presidentail race, Kerry gave a speech saying we should all try to conserve fuel, and that he would consider a consumption tax for SUV's,  then 3 day's later, after it was found out that he had an SUV in his name ( a Chevy Suburban ) that he kept at one of his many homes,  his remark was " well, I forgot about it, as it is really my wife's SUV, ,as she is the one who drives it , not me "

For Gore and Kerry to go around preaching about how we should all conserve energy and save the environment, and yet both of them own 3 homes each , running the AC and or Heat constantly at all the homes, and also flying around on private jets,  waisting all that fuel, to give a speech about how we should conserve, is about as hypocritical as it gets.

body88

« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2006, 02:57:54 PM »
Not really. Gore drives a hybrid. I can attest that in the last 2 years kerry has not had a suburban. I lived next to him and walked by his house constantly. I cannot say he did at his other homes. He very well might have. But the fact is it is knit picking and stone throwing. Have you seen Gores movie? Where in that movie does he condom those who live in large homes? One cannot own a large home yet still be envirementally savvy? Do you expect gore and Kerry to rewrite current technology to be able to travel without jets and helicopters. Since they are environmentalists they should not be able to travel by jet since there is not other cleaner means they can choose to be efficient and on time for there many many appearences.

The fact is you can knit pick all you want but they are right and you are all in denial ;D

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2006, 05:42:18 PM »
who care what they drive, they are all the same
Valhalla awaits.

Eldon

• Getbig III
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2006, 06:37:55 AM »
Body88,

Listen, the facts are the facts,
Kerry was caught bad mouthing people who own SUV's at an enviromental rally a few years back, he was asked what he would do if elected, and he said the first thing he would do would be to put forth a consumption tax on all Suv's, then 3 days later , he had to back track once it was found out he had a SUV in his name at one of his Homes. 

Here is a quote from Kerry :

Kerry declared when asked by reporters on Earth Day 2004.

FIRST John Kerry  SAID: "I don't own an SUV,''THEN  Kerry SAID: Asked whether or not his wife, Teresa, owned an SUV — on same conference call during which he denied owning an SUV — he fessed up, sorta: "The family has it. I don't have it." Back in February, however, he rattled off a list of Kerry household cars: "We have some SUVs. We have a Jeep. We have a couple of Chrysler minivans. We have a PT Cruiser up in Boston. I have an old Dodge 600 that I keep in the Senate. ... We also have a Chevy, a big Suburban."

Also, I have no problem with people living in as big of a house as they want , and as many as they want, but what is not right , if for people like Kerry to give speeches saying one thing, and then they are doing just the opposite, such as his many speeches of how to save the environment, we should all conserve energy, yet he owns  numerous Homes, running the electricity contstantly at all of them, even though all but one are empty, now how is this conserving energy ? and as for Gores hybrid,  I will be my life savings he does not drive around in a hybrid except for  photos and publicity,   you know dam well he rides around in an SUV  with his secret service,  heck I bet the guy has not driven a car himself much more than a 1000 miles in the last 5 years.
and so it is ok for Gore and Kerry to give hot air about what all we should be doing, yet they dont truly do what thye preach ?
the old sayingg comes to mind........  " do as I say, not as I do  "

And as for the jet, there is allot of fuel wasted on private jets, and I mean allot, there was an article in the Journal a few years ago, that mapped Gore's private jet travel in one week,  he went back and fourth from the west coast to the east, like 8 times in one week ( 16  flights ), to give paid speeches about  how we all should try and conserve energy. 

Now once again,  this is as hypocritical as it gets, if you cant see this, then you are a fool.

here is a copy of an artivle about Kerry and his SUV :

Kerry Says His 'Family' Owns SUV, Not He

Friday April 23, 2004 12:46 AM

PITTSBURGH (AP) - Does John Kerry, who supports higher automobile fuel economy standards, own a gas-guzzling SUV? He does, but says it belongs to the family, not to him.

During a conference call Thursday with reporters to discuss his upcoming jobs tour through West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Ohio and Michigan, the Democratic presidential candidate was asked whether he owned a Chevrolet Suburban.

``I don't own an SUV,'' said Kerry, who supports increasing existing fuel economy standards to 36 miles per gallon by 2015 in order to reduce the nation's dependence on foreign oil supplies.

Kerry also has made rising gasoline prices an issue in the campaign against President Bush. In Houston on Thursday, Kerry said the president broke a 2000 campaign pledge to ``jawbone'' oil-producing nations by pressuring them to increase their output.

Kerry thought for a second when asked whether his wife, Teresa Heinz Kerry, had a Suburban at their Ketchum, Idaho, home. Kerry said he owns and drives a Dodge 600 and recently bought a Chrysler 300M. He said his wife owns the Chevrolet SUV.

``The family has it. I don't have it,'' he said.

Kerry said it's important for his family to buy American cars and pledged to keep car manufacturing jobs in the country if elected. He said he is interested in a hybrid car, and has talked to Ford about making it the ``campaign car.''

``We're going to keep jobs in America and help the industry be more competitive with foreign manufacturers that are building those cars today,'' Kerry said.

The Massachusetts senator said he'll release more details during the jobs tour about his plans to keep jobs in the country.

``I want cars to be made in Michigan, made in America, made'' by the United Auto Workers, Kerry said.
================================================== ======

I guess the Karrot and his wife are not members of the same family.

Another arrticle about Kerry,  from the Washington Times :

http://www.washingtontimes.com/national/20040506-114222-1144r.htm