Author Topic: .  (Read 6282 times)

body88

Re: Mass Monsters vs/ Swimmer/Model Look
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2006, 10:56:40 AM »
I agree. Mcfarland you had what most males would consider ideal when you where competing. But the hardcore guys thought you where small. I personally prefer the look you and mindspin carry. Not a knock on the huge dudes. Just not into the whole freak thing!

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2006, 11:01:37 AM »
All these personal vendetta's, controversy surrounding the various organizations, all the hate...forget it.  I no longer wanna be affected by it.  All this fucking bickering back and forth between everyone on here.  The best is recognized as the best and bodybuilding is about creating something breathtaking.  Not breathtaking like, "why the fuck would somebody want to do that to themselves," but breathtaking like "holy shit I'm not even thinking of anything to say because that physique literally has me in a daze."  "I'm not intimidated, I'm not envious, I'm just fucking impressed."  That's the ultimate goal here and any business voiced other than this is just airing frustrations with your own perceived shortcomings.  I for one just wanna get back to the original point and not even hear all this other garbage.          

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2006, 11:08:19 AM »
I agree. Mcfarland you had what most males would consider ideal when you where competing. But the hardcore guys thought you where small. I personally prefer the look you and mindspin carry. Not a knock on the huge dudes. Just not into the whole freak thing!

I can most certainly appreciate some of the mass monsters.  I've given props time and time again to some freaky shit...but I mean, the point I'm trying to make here is that you want people's perception of your intentions to be "yeah, I see where the fruits of this guy's efforts here would probably outweigh any other pursuit he could follow in terms of his actually reaping satisfaction from it in some way."  Like, what in the hell is Gregg Valentino thinking?  Wouldn't that guy be best served by getting the fuck away from bodybuilding?  Flex Wheeler?  Name ONE THING he'd have been doing better than he was doing bodybuilding.  He could have died the night he won his first Arnold Classic and I'd have deemed his life worth the trouble it took to live it.  I mean, seriously...this is the heart of the matter here.  It's about going out knowing you took the game higher.  Whatever game that is for you.      

~salmon~

« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2006, 11:11:17 AM »
McFarland makes the most sense when he is on Crack :P Everything he said is spot on...

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2006, 11:12:08 AM »
99.9 percent of men lift to get more women. Women like the reeves look. They do not like the freak look.

Thats why the ideal is not the freaks.

yes and these 99,9 percent need to be shot
Z

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2006, 11:20:49 AM »
You're obviously smoking crack. Where are you coming up with this Mindspin vs/ Garraeth drivel? Nice way to try and derail the thread with obfuscation.

My premise is that people (in the bbing world) prefer mass monsters over the smaller more refined look. And, it's an unfortunate fact that when people voice this opinion they get shot down more often than not.

Yeah yeah yeah it's crack talking.  OK go ahead and post Mindspin's pic and post it next to that Mustafah Muhammed mother fucker in your avatar and tell us again that we should like him better.  The premise of your argument gets more and more ridiculous.  Mindspin's not even considered amongst bodybuilding's elite...but his moderation looks a hell of a lot more mind-SETTLING than the excessive madness apparent in a physique like Mustafah's.  That shit just looks hard.  Like, that's WORK...and like Matt C said the other day quoting Homer Simpson, if something's hard it's not worth doing.  Flex Wheeler's physique gives you the impression that if you looked like that you'd be immune to the effects of gravity.  I'd put a gun to my head if I were Mustafah.  Gregg Valentino would have been alot better off doing it 5 years ago.  When I tell people I'm a bodybuilder, I sure as fuck don't try showing them pictures of Mustafah Muhammed to help justify my eventual intentions.  I show them something awesome.  

I understand that by definition, neither Garraeth nor myself will be unseated from these our respective personal perceptions...but I do want to point out that I think my personal tastes in this sport are more aligned with what a greater number of humans would tend to agree with.  Garraeth's just a fan of some ugly mother fuckers.  Ha ha ha        

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2006, 11:22:29 AM »
Now I'm sure you're smoking crack.

So you're arguing that mass monsters are bad. And here you're saying that if you show up at a show looking like "this" you're gonng win it. "NPC, IFBB, PDI, CSI Miami, whatever...you're gonna win it."

Right. Exactly. If you show up at any show looking like a mass monster, you're going to win it. Like I said earlier, if you show up looking like Bob Paris, you'll get chicks (or guys, depending on your preference) but you won't win. You'll place, but you won't be #1. The mass monster at the show will be #1.

So you equate "Flex Wheeler" with "mass monster?"  He was 218 pounds in that picture. Your logic isn't there. 

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2006, 11:25:30 AM »
If Bob Paris were doing today what he were doing back then and all factors surrounding his intentions had evolved in line with the sport, he'd STILL be winning.  So would Arnold.  A champion's a champion regardless of space and time.    

davidpaul

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2006, 11:27:30 AM »
Looks like Mcfarland - "Jesus Christ" of bodybuilding, got on the mental homes comp again. ::)

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2006, 11:28:50 AM »
Apparently more people like Mustafa. He's a bit more famous than Mindspin. (Sorry...Mindspin is a cool guy tho.)

And you're right, more people are aligned with your tastes. This is true. However, more people within the bbing world are aligned with my perspective. How can you deny this when the #1 guys are always mass monsters? Yates over Ray. Ronnie over Flex. Etc...

Well I'll give you credit and say there that you do have somewhat of a point...but consider this:  I don't think Ronnie at his best ever could have beaten Flex at the '93 Arnold.  Anybody wanna debate THIS POINT?  This should be interesting...    

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2006, 11:34:15 AM »
On this point, I disagree. I do think Bob would win some shows, but never the Olympia. And never against an Olympic mass monster.

Bob wasn't winning shows back in the day either, but he'd probably place around the same if was on a modern  protocol.

And yes,Jeff....Flex 93 Arnold was the best physique ever to set foot on a stage.

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2006, 11:38:28 AM »
Yeah, more people "know" Mustafah than Mindspin.  But obviously, I don't have to say this, but being aware of someone's existence isn't quite the only criteria one considers when trying to decide if someone's doing something "right."  There's fame and then there's infamy.  At this point I have plenty of the latter and damn it that's why I'm still here.   ;D

Mindspin's still here, too...so I'm not sure he should consider himself "done" with this shit, either.  I mean, I want to be "done" with this shit so bad...but I'm still here.  

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2006, 11:39:11 AM »
Bob wasn't winning shows back in the day either, but he'd probably place around the same if was on a modern  protocol.

Yes, that's a better way of putting it.  Thanks. 

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2006, 11:49:30 AM »
Looks like Mcfarland - "Jesus Christ" of bodybuilding, got on the mental homes comp again. ::)

What's "mental homes comp."

See, how ridiculous is it that I'd care what this guy has to say about me?  This is what I'm talking about.  But still, alot of the time opposing other's bullshit provides a nice platform to express, and I'm still pretty sure that perfect self-expression probably ranks pretty high amongst justifiable "reasons to get out of bed in the morning."  Doing so either involves aligning other's perceptions closer to yours if you're right, or yours becoming more aligned with opposing views if you are wrong.  In either case, your attempts at self-expression are probably gonna get you closer to your God.

I imagine most of you here operate under the understanding that everything said on this board's conducive to everyone involved's personal evolution.  That's how we can be so scathing at times.  This board is brutal, but we're here because we can either take it or because we know we can't and we're looking to be destroyed.  If Vince wants to post that picture of him next to the pool he gets what he must want on some level, right?  Same for me, same for you...it's all good.  We all get what we deserve. 

amc1980

• Getbig III
  • Thats a special hat, Spirit, give it baaaaack!
« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2006, 11:54:11 AM »
Is this where you start quoting rap lyrics.

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2006, 11:55:31 AM »
Is this where you starts quoting rap lyrics.

Is this where you ask me that?   ::)

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2006, 12:28:48 PM »
There is no doubt that within the bb community, and that is what garreth is talking about, mass monsters rule.  As for majority of people, or mainstream (I hate that word) Jeff is right, but that wasn't garreths point of contention.

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2006, 12:36:08 PM »
There is no doubt that within the bb community, and that is what garreth is talking about, mass monsters rule.  As for majority of people, or mainstream (I hate that word) Jeff is right, but that wasn't garreths point of contention.

Well, yeah...but Garraeth isn't really talking about the truly appreciable mass monsters.  ha ha ha 

~salmon~

« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2006, 04:57:28 PM »
You people need to define what you mean by "mass monster".  Jim Quinn was a mass monster, but didn't do shit as a pro.  His lines sucked!  Ronnie is a mass monster, his lines are awesome.

The optimal blend of size, shape & condition is what should win.  The GH/synthol physiques of today are taking us in the wrong direction.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2006, 09:51:18 AM »
The optimal blend of size, shape & condition is what should win.  The GH/synthol physiques of today are taking us in the wrong direction.

A always hear people say this, but who exactly are you speaking of?  I think Ronnie is incredible, even with a gh gut.  so who do you mean?