Author Topic: Yesterday at the airport  (Read 2034 times)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
Yesterday at the airport
« on: August 11, 2006, 06:11:34 PM »

I flew out of Burbank yesterday and the lines were fine.  There was a surprisingly high number of travelers who weren't aware of the heightened carry-on restrictions, but other than a few women who had to abandon their makeup, most people took it all in stride...until we got to the gate.

Our plane was late arriving, but even though there was already a delay, an announcement came that all carry-on luggage had to be RE-screened before we boarded.  No big deal, right?  Well, the announcement continued and we were told that they could take a maximum of a 15-minute delay for bag screening, but that the door would have to be shut at the 15-minute mark....and that if there were still people waiting for the secondary screening, they would not be able to make the flight. 

That's bogus. 

At any rate, a lot of us decided to check our larger bags, which enabled the screening line to go that much faster, so we were able to get everyone onboard, but man, could you imagine being in the back of Group C (Southwest passengers know what I mean)?? 

All that being said, I did feel that the TSA personnel were far more diligent in their duties yesterday than they have been at any other time since 9/11.  Let's hope it continues.

pobrecito

• Getbig V
Re: Yesterday at the airport
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2006, 06:18:14 PM »
The system worked - a cowardly mass murder attempt was twarted.

Adam Empire

• Getbig IV
  • Gobias Industries
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2006, 07:31:52 PM »
Blowing up airplanes.  That's an original idea.
Motherboy (the band).

dzulboy

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Big hard and turbo charged
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2006, 07:48:32 PM »
F'ing towelheads.  We need Harry Truman, a man who knew the only way to deal with scum was dropping the big one...twice!

AMEN     not praise that gay ass god of theirs   ;D

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2006, 07:50:47 PM »

AMEN     not praise that gay ass god of theirs   ;D

Whats funny is that you both pray to the same God.
Muslims,jews and Christians all share the same god.

Its just the teaching and prophets that are different.

All gods are fuckign stupid.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2006, 07:55:01 PM »

All gods are fuckign stupid.

Don't know about the Muslims, but most Christians don't even know that they've got the same god. 

Hell, I didn't know that until about 7-8 years ago myself. 

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2006, 07:56:31 PM »
I flew out of Burbank yesterday and the lines were fine.  There was a surprisingly high number of travelers who weren't aware of the heightened carry-on restrictions, but other than a few women who had to abandon their makeup, most people took it all in stride...until we got to the gate.

Our plane was late arriving, but even though there was already a delay, an announcement came that all carry-on luggage had to be RE-screened before we boarded.  No big deal, right?  Well, the announcement continued and we were told that they could take a maximum of a 15-minute delay for bag screening, but that the door would have to be shut at the 15-minute mark....and that if there were still people waiting for the secondary screening, they would not be able to make the flight. 

That's bogus. 

I only fly out of Burbank and into it or Vegas.  I hate LAX unless I have to go there.  I'd rather drive

At any rate, a lot of us decided to check our larger bags, which enabled the screening line to go that much faster, so we were able to get everyone onboard, but man, could you imagine being in the back of Group C (Southwest passengers know what I mean)?? 

All that being said, I did feel that the TSA personnel were far more diligent in their duties yesterday than they have been at any other time since 9/11.  Let's hope it continues.

kmhphoto

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2006, 08:01:59 PM »
I just recieved an e-mail from United telling me about some changes in the carry on allowances. Considering the events of 9/11 and the fact that those planes were all boarded from within, I find it shocking that the security is less over in the US.
Electrical items can be carried on flights from the US to the UK but not vice versa!

FOR YOUR UPCOMING UNITED FLIGHT, PLEASE BE ADVISED
OF NEW TRANSPORTATION SECURITY AGENCY RULES.

Dear Kevin M Horton,

In light of heightened security, United recommends taking
the following steps to ease your travel experience.

New Transportation Security Administration rules are now
in effect.

LAPTOPS, CELL PHONES, AND IPODS
------------------------------------------------------------
For passengers leaving the U.S, electronic devices and
carry-ons are allowed. For travelers leaving the U.K. for
the U.S., all electronic devices and carry-ons are
currently prohibited.

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2006, 10:09:27 AM »

No.  Jews and Christians DO share God the Father, but "Allah" is not the same God as the Christian or Jewish God.

Hope this helps :)
R

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2006, 10:12:50 AM »
Don't know about the Muslims, but most Christians don't even know that they've got the same god. 

Hell, I didn't know that until about 7-8 years ago myself. 
Shut up, TreNugga...muslims worship a false god...Allah is a moon god made up and he never had a son and mohammed is a false prophet.

Christians worship the ONE and ONLY God...the God of Isreal. The God of Issac and Jacob.

Stick with taking pictures and being a schmoe...
?