Author Topic: TV program about bodybuilders on FitTV  (Read 3438 times)

figgs

• Getbig IV
  • from realization to infinity
TV program about bodybuilders on FitTV
« on: August 12, 2006, 12:34:17 AM »
The show highlighted two of the top competitors from a rising natural bodybuilding federation called Musclemania World Championships. Stan Mcquay was one of those competitors. By the way, isn't he an NPC competitor? Doesn't that create the possibility that he juices for the NPC and cleans up for the Musclemania?

The program also included film from IFBB contests (mostly the Olympia) and included footage of Big Ron, Jay Cutler, Markus Ruhl, Dennis James and used most of the footage of the mass monsters to show just that side of pro bodybuilding. Top names in bodybuilding made comments on the true condition of pro bodybuilding and even plainly admitted that steroids are abused in the sport. The IFBB's drug testing routine was explained during the program and other facts from this side of bodybuilding were, to my shock, discussed in great detail. Joe Weider said that he wishes the sport wasn't so infested with drug use! LOL! Joe weider allows his athletes to use steroids even though they're banned from the sport under contract. The bodybuilders only go by the rules which are enforced!

Craig Titus (!!!) and Tom Prince were shown discussing steroids and indirectly praised them. This scene was quite comedic, very understandably!

Lou Ferrigno, Frank Zane and others reminisced the golden era of bodybuilding and how it was healthier and more artisic, etc. Along with that, they were supporting the natural competition that the program covered because it was a step in the right directon for bodybuilding, a step that walked backwards.

We now have guys like those who compete it the Musclemania World Chapionships like Stan Mcquay who are working on making bodybuilding an acceptable sport to the mainstream. Check it out. And look into this federation and try to understand it's potential. It has less money involved than the PDI but it has a hell of a better chance to go mainstream.

~

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Re: TV program about bodybuilders on FitTV
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2006, 12:37:08 AM »
The show highlighted two of the top competitors from a rising natural bodybuilding federation called Musclemania World Championships. Stan Mcquay was one of those competitors. By the way, isn't he an NPC competitor? Doesn't that create the possibility that he juices for the NPC and cleans up for the Musclemania?

The program also included film from IFBB contests (mostly the Olympia) and included footage of Big Ron, Jay Cutler, Markus Ruhl, Dennis James and used most of the footage of the mass monsters to show just that side of pro bodybuilding. Top names in bodybuilding made comments on the true condition of pro bodybuilding and even plainly admitted that steroids are abused in the sport. The IFBB's drug testing routine was explained during the program and other facts from this side of bodybuilding were, to my shock, discussed in great detail. Joe Weider said that he wishes the sport wasn't so infested with drug use! LOL! Joe weider alows his athletes to use steroids even though they're banned from the sport under contract. The bodybuilders only go by the rules which are enforced!

Craig Titus (!!!) and Tom Prince were shown discussing steroids and indirectly praised them. This scene was quite comedic, very understandably!

Lou Ferrigno, Frank Zane and others reminisced the golden era of bodybuilding and how it was healthier and more artisic, etc. Along with that, they were supporting the natural competition that the program covered because it was a step in the right directon for bodybuilding, a step that walked backwards.

We now have guys like those who compete it the Musclemania World Chapionships like Stan Mcquay who are working on making bodybuilding an acceptable sport to the mainstream. Check it out. And look into this federation and try to understand it's potential. It has less money involved than the PDI but it has a hell of a better chance to go mainstream.

Dude that program is years old.

Stan Mcquay is not natural anymore.

Musclemania is full of drugs.  Its a huge joke.

figgs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2006, 12:39:00 AM »
Damn, I'm still learning it seems. How old is the program and why didn't I ever hear about it?
~

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2006, 12:42:39 AM »
Damn, I'm still learning it seems. How old is the program and why didn't I ever hear about it?
6-8 years old.

Titus is in Jail for murder and Prince is 150 lbs with broken down kidneys.

That program is funny because the current reality of everyone involved is totally different now than it was then.

figgs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2006, 12:46:50 AM »
And Joe Weider's still delusional.  ::)
~

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2006, 02:45:47 AM »
Mcquay's got a huge ego.

Slick Vic

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2006, 04:29:16 AM »
Figgs - you sound excited about seeing this program, but I gotta tell you.... the program is old to us and new to you. 

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2006, 06:25:12 AM »
Who cares if it's old? Still worth watching.

Rich2

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2006, 07:19:29 AM »
rare never-before-seen footage!!

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2006, 07:33:44 AM »
6-8 years old.

Titus is in Jail for murder and Prince is 150 lbs with broken down kidneys.

That program is funny because the current reality of everyone involved is totally different now than it was then.
No bodybuilders are still poor...some still claiming to be natural ,,,still the same

PhoenixBuff

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2006, 07:37:42 AM »

The program also included film from IFBB contests (mostly the Olympia) and included footage of Big Ron, Jay Cutler, Markus Ruhl, Dennis James and used most of the footage of the mass monsters to show just that side of pro bodybuilding. Top names in bodybuilding made comments on the true condition of pro bodybuilding and even plainly admitted that steroids are abused in the sport. The IFBB's drug testing routine was explained during the program and other facts from this side of bodybuilding were, to my shock, discussed in great detail. Joe Weider said that he wishes the sport wasn't so infested with drug use! LOL! Joe weider allows his athletes to use steroids even though they're banned from the sport under contract. The bodybuilders only go by the rules which are enforced!

Not to mention, Ferrigno charged a $20 spot for interview.

figgs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2006, 11:27:37 AM »
Yeah yeah yeah I know. I thought it was new. My friend just surprised me telling me he knew a show about BB was on FitTV and I got all giddy and went right to the TV. I have already thought that I watched every BB related program on TV so far so just naturally assumed it was new.

And yeah, it's still worth watching if you havn't seen it. Best BB program I've ever seen on TV.
~

Slick Vic

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2006, 12:41:19 PM »
it's still worth watching if you havn't seen it.
And even if you have, it's still worth watching.  ;D

Since you're into bodybuilding programs.... the pilot episode of Dog Bites Man [Comedy Central] featured a comical view of bodybuilders and the Ironman. It was actually funny.  :D

Although Getbig's very own Chick didn't think so - I think he was just bitter he wasn't on it.  ;D

caseyviator

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2006, 10:08:22 PM »
i think the whole natural thing is just such a hugh joke/scam,,,,,,n it really sucks that quote unquote normal people really believe people at the nat shows are..... as long as someone on tv tells them that

gerneral public really kinda sucks anymore,,,sad that i say that....cause i used to have alot more faith in the average person

Alex23

« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2006, 11:49:23 AM »
Most "Natural" will clean up and use GH only.... been there done that..

Stavios

« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2006, 11:50:43 AM »
sad but true

ReEvolution

• Getbig III
  • goodbye ronnie
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2006, 10:54:40 PM »
i think the whole natural thing is just such a hugh joke/scam,,,,,,n it really sucks that quote unquote normal people really believe people at the nat shows are..... as long as someone on tv tells them that

gerneral public really kinda sucks anymore,,,sad that i say that....cause i used to have alot more faith in the average person
how true.  it's unbelievable how people assume everything they hear is true.  especially about steroid use.  most people don't have a clue.
two thumbs WAY up!!!