Author Topic: American Public's Knowledge of Science in the Crapper  (Read 9526 times)

Tyrone Power

Re: American Public's Knowledge of Science in the Crapper
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2006, 09:57:52 AM »
The number of Nobel prize winners doesn't mean the American public in general has a high IQ in science. It just means that America's top echelon of students happen to be smarter than the top echelon of other countries. However public in generals knowledge of science in America is incredibly low.

This top .0001% of Americans can't carry America. With the public at larges knowledge of science being that bad in America, You can only imagine the future consequences. I predict America won't be the leader in economics or science or anything else for that matter in the near future.

With countries like China and Japan and European countries so far ahead of America in scientific education, America can't afford absurd notions such as creationism to spread. The education the public of any country is I believe a matter of national security.

There is nothing which can better deserve our patronage than the promotion of science and literature. Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness.--George Washington

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2006, 11:41:37 AM »
Once again, if Americans are so dumb, then why are we producing more Nobel Prizes in science than every other country combined? The United States is THE dominant nation in science and technology. China and Japan are a joke when it comes to science. They're good at manufacturing and ripping off other people's ideas, but they suck at doing original research.

The education "crisis" in America is essentially a myth. We've got a lot of dumb blacks and Mexicans pulling everyone down, but white kids are up there with the rest of the industrialized world in terms of their science and math ability. It is pure foolishness to think otherwise.
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2006, 12:00:54 PM »
Once again, if Americans are so dumb, then why are we producing more Nobel Prizes in science than every other country combined? The United States is THE dominant nation in science and technology. China and Japan are a joke when it comes to science. They're good at manufacturing and ripping off other people's ideas, but they suck at doing original research.

The education "crisis" in America is essentially a myth. We've got a lot of dumb blacks and Mexicans pulling everyone down, but white kids are up there with the rest of the industrialized world in terms of their science and math ability. It is pure foolishness to think otherwise.

Are you saying the Japs aren't innovative?

Their mobile technology is always years ahead of the west. They lead in robotics and other such fields too plus they have the first petaflop supercomputer.

South Korea is also highly innovative, especially in computer memory and chip design.

I agree with you on China, but you sound like you're grouping Japan with them just because they both have slanty eyes!
الاسلام هو شيطانية

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2006, 12:48:36 PM »
i'll say this..High school in the US suck ass....walking out of the brit system of schooling (O-levels..and NOT the gcse crap ) i could walk into any 300level college course at MD and breeze thru it..

kids have it wayyyyy too easy with the SAT...hell a pakistani kid in the 9th grade(O-levels) can prolly pass with flying colours  :-\
carpe` vaginum!

Rome

• Getbig IV
  • Pics or GTFO!
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2006, 05:13:27 AM »
Agreed, we have the dumbest dumb shits and the smartest people on Earth in America.
Balance is what makes us great! ;D