Author Topic: who do you have as the NL and AL MVP's?  (Read 6243 times)

pobrecito

• Getbig V
who do you have as the NL and AL MVP's?
« on: August 13, 2006, 09:54:35 AM »
For the AL I go with Derek Jeter.....I feel he is one of the most underrated players in the game....becuase he's not a big slugger, but he carries his team

For the NL, no contest, Pujols. 35HR, 34 strikeouts. Is there anything else to be said? Oh, and when it's all said and done I believe he will lead MLB in runs scored for the 4th year in a row despite missing 15 games

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
Re: who do you have as the NL and AL MVP's?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2006, 10:00:28 AM »
Albert Belle and Greg Maddux.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

Diesel1

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2006, 12:50:02 PM »
Babe Ruth and erm.................

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2006, 04:27:27 PM »
Orlando Cabrera has my vote for the AL!

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2006, 09:04:32 PM »
david ortiz for AL(like to see vernon wells)

body88

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2006, 06:24:05 AM »
Ortiz is the blatent mvp of the American league. He should have had it last year. He will win it for sure this year!

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2006, 06:29:19 AM »
AL Ortiz and NL Howard.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2006, 06:38:07 AM »
For the AL I go with Derek Jeter.....I feel he is one of the most underrated players in the game....

Underrated?

Do you live under a rock?

He's an excellent player but he might actually be the most overrated player in a few decades. No way in hell he should win Gold Gloves but curiously he does.

body88

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2006, 08:05:35 PM »
Underrated?

He's an excellent player but he might actually be the most overrated player in a few decades. No way in hell he should win Gold Gloves but curiously he does.

The Yankees need some type of justification to the massive amounts of cash they drop to hang with teams who spend 70 million less.

Ortiz should have won it in 05  and he will rightfully get it this year. Howard looks good for the NL mvp.

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2006, 10:25:00 PM »
The Yankees need some type of justification to the massive amounts of cash they drop to hang with teams who spend 70 million less.

no kidding. for the money they spend each  year theyre a joke.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2006, 05:31:24 AM »
For the AL I go with Derek Jeter.....I feel he is one of the most underrated players in the game....becuase he's not a big slugger, but he carries his team

For the NL, no contest, Pujols. 35HR, 34 strikeouts. Is there anything else to be said? Oh, and when it's all said and done I believe he will lead MLB in runs scored for the 4th year in a row despite missing 15 games

It sure isn't A-Rod this year! I like Jeter as the MVP right now though I think the big DH in Boston is the frontrunner.
The House that Ruth built

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2006, 05:32:52 AM »
Underrated?

Come on Effin, even Red Sox fans know that Jeter is the ultimate clutch player. The guy is a gamer.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2006, 05:35:29 AM »
no kidding. for the money they spend each  year theyre a joke.

Since 1995 they have either won the division or been the wildcard team every year. They have been in 6 World Series and won 4. How are they a joke? You sound like you don't know anything about baseball. Where do you get your baseball knowledge from? Pumpster?

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2006, 05:38:04 AM »

Ortiz should have won it in 05  and he will rightfully get it this year. Howard looks good for the NL mvp.

The Red Sox payroll is right up there with the Yankees. Also the guys who vote for the MVP don't think a guy who is a fulltime DH is a complete player.

buffbodz

• Getbig V
  • It's only a board
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2006, 10:01:02 AM »
With all the walk off wins Ortiz has had this year, not to mention leader in HR and RBI's.  That's VALUE.  He could play first with no problem, but why wast a sure slugger getting injured?
6 meals lift heavy and 1/2 hr cardio

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2006, 10:11:15 AM »
Since 1995 they have either won the division or been the wildcard team every year. They have been in 6 World Series and won 4. How are they a joke? You sound like you don't know anything about baseball. Where do you get your baseball knowledge from? Pumpster?

yes theyre good.
but what im saying is that for the money they spend every year and the talent they try and get they should win their division and world series every year.

PS....i hate the yankees so i might be a bit harsh on them  ;D

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2006, 10:59:07 AM »

The Red Sox payroll is right up there with the Yankees.

Sorry but I don't consider a difference of at least $90 million to be right up there, picking up Abraeu and the other two players without really giving up any salary was obscene.

Yes, the Red Sox spend a ton but not even close to the amount the Yankees spend. The Red Sox are at $130 Million and the Yankees are somewhere around $225 million. That's not close, it's a 73% difference.

When talking about pure value to a team it's hard to argue that anyone is more valuable than Ortiz, the guy is an offensive monster. Think about this, more than 13 times this year opposing managers have intentionally walked Ortiz to face Manny. Manny is the most prolific RBI man of the last 10 years and has always been considered one of the best pure hitters in all of baseball. Yet opposing managers would rather face him than Ortiz. Now that is respect.

And I said Jeter is a great player but he's certainly overrated. There is no way he should have won multiple Gold Gloves. Hell, he's not even the best shortstop on the Yankees.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2006, 04:26:24 PM »
Sorry but I don't consider a difference of at least $90 million to be right up there, picking up Abraeu and the other two players without really giving up any salary was obscene.

Yes, the Red Sox spend a ton but not even close to the amount the Yankees spend. The Red Sox are at $130 Million and the Yankees are somewhere around $225 million. That's not close, it's a 73% difference.

When talking about pure value to a team it's hard to argue that anyone is more valuable than Ortiz, the guy is an offensive monster. Think about this, more than 13 times this year opposing managers have intentionally walked Ortiz to face Manny. Manny is the most prolific RBI man of the last 10 years and has always been considered one of the best pure hitters in all of baseball. Yet opposing managers would rather face him than Ortiz. Now that is respect.

And I said Jeter is a great player but he's certainly overrated. There is no way he should have won multiple Gold Gloves. Hell, he's not even the best shortstop on the Yankees.

I find it hard to give a DH the MVP no matter how much he hits. Jeter makes all the plays. He is no Omar Visqel but who is. A-Rod is too heavy to play short now. How can Jeter be overated when many opposing players say he is the best all around player in the AL? The Yankees have won 4 WS titles since 1996. Without him would they have? When A-Rod, Nomar and Jeter were the top shortstops in the AL many, many scouts thought Jeter was the best all around player of the three. Any way its always up for debate. Just like who was the greatest BB of alltime. As far as the salary thing- the Yankees are just playing within the confines of what MLB has set up. Yankees not deserving a gold glove- Bernie Williams. Gold gloves are a joke. Rafael Palmiero won one a few years back even though he only played about 6 games at first and spent the rest as a DH.

body88

« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2006, 06:29:52 PM »

The Red Sox payroll is right up there with the Yankees. Also the guys who vote for the MVP don't think a guy who is a fulltime DH is a complete player.

No it isn't it is 90 million less. Excluding luxury tax even. Jeter is a baller. No doubt he is a machine. But big Dh is due this year!  I am a die hard sox fan But I am also a fan of Giambi he is one of my fav players.

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2006, 09:07:40 PM »
I find it hard to give a DH the MVP no matter how much he hits. Jeter makes all the plays. He is no Omar Visqel but who is. A-Rod is too heavy to play short now. How can Jeter be overated when many opposing players say he is the best all around player in the AL? The Yankees have won 4 WS titles since 1996. Without him would they have? When A-Rod, Nomar and Jeter were the top shortstops in the AL many, many scouts thought Jeter was the best all around player of the three. Any way its always up for debate. Just like who was the greatest BB of alltime. As far as the salary thing- the Yankees are just playing within the confines of what MLB has set up. Yankees not deserving a gold glove- Bernie Williams. Gold gloves are a joke. Rafael Palmiero won one a few years back even though he only played about 6 games at first and spent the rest as a DH.

but look at how many games ortiz has won for the red sox. how many walk off HR's has he hit. i admit its tough to give a DH the MVP but he is THE dominant player on that team

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2006, 09:10:08 PM »
No it isn't it is 90 million less. Excluding luxury tax even. Jeter is a baller. No doubt he is a machine. But big Dh is due this year!  I am a die hard sox fan But I am also a fan of Giambi he is one of my fav players.

i hate the yankees so its hard for me to like giambi. but i gotta admit hes the only one so far to come back and play great after the steroid allegations

body88

« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2006, 09:12:55 PM »
i hate the yankees so its hard for me to like giambi. but i gotta admit hes the only one so far to come back and play great after the steroid allegations

I also despise the Yankees. But I am a Giambi fan. I love the rivalry I must say!

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2006, 09:27:31 PM »
im a blue jays fan so i hate them both(red sox not as much)  ;D

body88

« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2006, 10:45:21 PM »
im a blue jays fan so i hate them both(red sox not as much)  ;D

how bought trading us a few of them pitchers you got up there ;D ;D

WHAT YOU ARENT INTERESTED IN TAVARES??? HOW ABOUT CRISP?! LOL

canadian_husker

• Getbig III
  • From the outside looking in you cant understand it
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2006, 12:17:31 AM »
the baseballprospectus nerds put out a book about the red sox winning the series and in it they have a formula for fielding that shows how bad jeter is at shortstop
Go Big Red!!!