Author Topic: For fox news fans... lol  (Read 5185 times)

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
For fox news fans... lol
« on: August 13, 2006, 07:57:28 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGqPxn7njqM

hahahaha, they take carefully cut out clips from an interview with a democrat on the Colbert Report to make him look bad... Fox news is the epitomy of the "fair and balanced" standard  8)
follow the arrows

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
Re: For fox news fans... lol
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2006, 08:03:30 PM »
thats not news..thats an ajenda lol...
carpe` vaginum!

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2006, 09:11:03 PM »
&NR   ;D
carpe` vaginum!

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2006, 11:32:47 PM »
thats not news..thats an ajenda lol...

Here's a blatant Liberal agenda that Ted Turner wants CNN for follow..........

http://www.boycottliberalism.com/biographies/Turner.htm

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2006, 12:40:30 AM »
Here's a blatant Liberal agenda that Ted Turner wants CNN for follow..........

http://www.boycottliberalism.com/biographies/Turner.htm

You're excusing Fox because of some comments made by Turner?  ::)  Even if you find another network editing like this, it's not an excuse for Fox News.  Both networks caught doing it would be wrong.  Your link is a red herring.  Fox pulls this crap all the time which is what makes Fox News a pure propaganda Channel.  Here O'Reilly chops up a statement made by Biden and uses the chopped up edit to make Biden look bad... What really takes the cake here is that O'Reilly then uses the idea cut from Biden's statement as his own in his lecturing of Biden and what should be done.  Again, I remember well when this happened and listened to the cut vs. pre-cut of Biden's words and the show where Oreilly uses biden's idea after cutting it.

O'REILLY: CUT IT OUT
by Eric Hananoki on June 8, 2005 - 4:38pm.
So much O'Reilly, so little time. This one is particularly egregious. The Spark Notes summary: O’Reilly took video from Senator Joe Biden’s Sunday appearance on This Week with George Stephanopoulos, edited it to misrepresent what Biden said, then advocated his now edited-out position (all the while criticizing him). Here's Biden on June 5, 2005:

Back in January I introduced a bill saying we should have an independent commission go take a look at this, not only Guantanamo but Abu Ghraib, the rest of the prison system, make a recommendation to the United States Congress and let's deal with this openly, because this has become the greatest propaganda tool that exists for recruiting of terrorists around the world. And it is unnecessary to be that, in that position. We should have an independent US commission take a look at it, make recommendations to the Congress. That bill I introduced is going to get a hearing in the judiciary committee in the next couple of weeks.
That's what Biden wants policy-wise: "an independent US commission take a look at it, make recommendations to the Congress." And he introduced the bill. More:

(Off Camera) So we should shut it down?

SENATOR JOE BIDEN: I think that should, I want a commission to make a recommendation so everybody is saying that it's not just me or others just, you know, espousing a point of view but there's a rationale for it but the end result is I think we should end up shutting it down, moving those prisoners, those that we have reason to keep, keep and those we don't, let go.

While Biden predicts the commission will end up shutting Guantanamo down, he still insists that a commission -- not himself -- decides. Here's where O'Reilly starts his distortions [June 7, 05]:

O’REILLY: As we told you last week, the detainee abuse story is being used to undermine the war on terror, at least the way the Bush administration is fighting it. Check out my column posted on billoreilly.com for details on that. Now over the weekend, Senator Joseph Biden joined the abuse chorus and called for the shutting down of Guantanamo Bay.
How O'Reilly played Biden on his TV show:

BIDEN: ...has become the greatest propaganda tool that exists for recruiting of terrorists around the world. And it is unnecessary to be in that position,

[CUT]

but the end result is I think we should end up shutting it down, moving those prisoners. Those that we have reason to keep, keep. And those we don't, let go.

Notice the edit there. O'Reilly effectively cut Biden's proposal: the independent commission. But listen to this:

O’REILLY: The Bush administration should set up an independent commission to investigate American detainee policy across the board. The president must take the offensive on this, or else the country's image will continue to suffer and the jihadists and their enablers will win another victory. And that's "The Memo."
So O'Reilly cuts Biden's quote, misrepresents him, and takes Biden's position, which O'Reilly cut out:

Biden: "We should have an independent US commission take a look at it, make recommendations to the Congress."

O'Reilly: "The Bush administration should set up an independent commission to investigate American detainee policy across the board."

The problem is you wouldn't know O'Reilly and Biden agree because O'Reilly selectively edited Biden to remove his legislative proposal, leaving only Biden's personal opinion. And this guy won a Peabody!

[Research by Josh Blank and Tim Bradley]

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2006, 02:37:42 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGqPxn7njqM

hahahaha, they take carefully cut out clips from an interview with a democrat on the Colbert Report to make him look bad... Fox news is the epitomy of the "fair and balanced" standard  8)

Regardless of who teh fcuk this politician is...

That's not journalism.

That's beyond shitty.

Two things:

1. Good that Youtube is up, allowing for alternative, free television.

2. Fox News has some serious problems.

Showing propaganda is never a good thing. The viewer realises somehow that the images are distorted, and looks for other sources of information.

I'm sure Fox News has lost some of their ratings in recent months, people not choosing CNN, but rather opting for PBS, the big ones, and internet.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2006, 07:21:32 AM »
You're excusing Fox because of some comments made by Turner?  ::)  Even if you find another network editing like this, it's not an excuse for Fox News.  Both networks caught doing it would be wrong.  Your link is a red herring.  Fox pulls this crap all the time which is what makes Fox News a pure propaganda Channel.  Here O'Reilly chops up a statement made by Biden and uses the chopped up edit to make Biden look bad... What really takes the cake here is that O'Reilly then uses the idea cut from Biden's statement as his own in his lecturing of Biden and what should be done.  Again, I remember well when this happened and listened to the cut vs. pre-cut of Biden's words and the show where Oreilly uses biden's idea after cutting it.

O'REILLY: CUT IT OUT
by Eric Hananoki on June 8, 2005 - 4:38pm.
So much O'Reilly, so little time. This one is particularly egregious. The Spark Notes summary: O’Reilly took video from Senator Joe Biden’s Sunday appearance on This Week with George Stephanopoulos, edited it to misrepresent what Biden said, then advocated his now edited-out position (all the while criticizing him). Here's Biden on June 5, 2005:

Back in January I introduced a bill saying we should have an independent commission go take a look at this, not only Guantanamo but Abu Ghraib, the rest of the prison system, make a recommendation to the United States Congress and let's deal with this openly, because this has become the greatest propaganda tool that exists for recruiting of terrorists around the world. And it is unnecessary to be that, in that position. We should have an independent US commission take a look at it, make recommendations to the Congress. That bill I introduced is going to get a hearing in the judiciary committee in the next couple of weeks.
That's what Biden wants policy-wise: "an independent US commission take a look at it, make recommendations to the Congress." And he introduced the bill. More:

(Off Camera) So we should shut it down?

SENATOR JOE BIDEN: I think that should, I want a commission to make a recommendation so everybody is saying that it's not just me or others just, you know, espousing a point of view but there's a rationale for it but the end result is I think we should end up shutting it down, moving those prisoners, those that we have reason to keep, keep and those we don't, let go.

While Biden predicts the commission will end up shutting Guantanamo down, he still insists that a commission -- not himself -- decides. Here's where O'Reilly starts his distortions [June 7, 05]:

O’REILLY: As we told you last week, the detainee abuse story is being used to undermine the war on terror, at least the way the Bush administration is fighting it. Check out my column posted on billoreilly.com for details on that. Now over the weekend, Senator Joseph Biden joined the abuse chorus and called for the shutting down of Guantanamo Bay.
How O'Reilly played Biden on his TV show:

BIDEN: ...has become the greatest propaganda tool that exists for recruiting of terrorists around the world. And it is unnecessary to be in that position,

[CUT]

but the end result is I think we should end up shutting it down, moving those prisoners. Those that we have reason to keep, keep. And those we don't, let go.

Notice the edit there. O'Reilly effectively cut Biden's proposal: the independent commission. But listen to this:

O’REILLY: The Bush administration should set up an independent commission to investigate American detainee policy across the board. The president must take the offensive on this, or else the country's image will continue to suffer and the jihadists and their enablers will win another victory. And that's "The Memo."
So O'Reilly cuts Biden's quote, misrepresents him, and takes Biden's position, which O'Reilly cut out:

Biden: "We should have an independent US commission take a look at it, make recommendations to the Congress."

O'Reilly: "The Bush administration should set up an independent commission to investigate American detainee policy across the board."

The problem is you wouldn't know O'Reilly and Biden agree because O'Reilly selectively edited Biden to remove his legislative proposal, leaving only Biden's personal opinion. And this guy won a Peabody!

[Research by Josh Blank and Tim Bradley]

Turner owns CNN, he sets the agenda. O'Reilly is a commentator!

Hope this helps!

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2006, 08:51:22 AM »
Int.  ::)

You're still engaging in a red-herring and a bad one at that considering Ted Turner sold his cable networks, including CNN, to Time Warner in 1996 and stepped down as vice chairman of AOL Time Warner in 2003 and as of this year won't even be on the board of directors.  Ooopie, forgot to mention that did ya???  Fox from it's commentators to it's reporting is full of misquotes, lies and whitehouse propaganda on a daily basis.  Nice try ::) or not ;) The Colbert edit is despicable and if I had seen it on CNN, I would say the same.

Hope this helps right back at ya :P

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2006, 09:04:42 AM »
Does anyone really take Bill O'Lielly seriously?  He's just an embittered old hack who flunked out while attempting to make a career in the real world of journalism... he then wrote a novel wherein the "fictional" characters resembling his real life nemesises (sp) were all murdered in some horrifying manner... Finally, he found a home at the Fox Propaganda Network where he panders to the lowest common denominator. The rest of the world just laughs and laughs...  :)

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2006, 12:20:08 PM »
Int.  ::)

You're still engaging in a red-herring and a bad one at that considering Ted Turner sold his cable networks, including CNN, to Time Warner in 1996 and stepped down as vice chairman of AOL Time Warner in 2003 and as of this year won't even be on the board of directors.  Ooopie, forgot to mention that did ya???  Fox from it's commentators to it's reporting is full of misquotes, lies and whitehouse propaganda on a daily basis.  Nice try ::) or not ;) The Colbert edit is despicable and if I had seen it on CNN, I would say the same.

Hope this helps right back at ya :P

We're not having a discussion about Ted Turner and CNN, are we?

He's been out of any kind of loop on that enterprise for years.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2006, 02:09:28 PM »
We're not having a discussion about Ted Turner and CNN, are we?

He's been out of any kind of loop on that enterprise for years.

YIP
Zack
Exactly, but Int wants desperately to win here by changing the subject.  To bad he just made himself look like a total poopoohead by saying Turner sets the agenda for CNN.  ;D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2006, 03:33:57 PM »
Does anyone really take Bill O'Lielly seriously?  He's just an embittered old hack who flunked out while attempting to make a career in the real world of journalism... he then wrote a novel wherein the "fictional" characters resembling his real life nemesises (sp) were all murdered in some horrifying manner... Finally, he found a home at the Fox Propaganda Network where he panders to the lowest common denominator. The rest of the world just laughs and laughs...  :)

Don't forget the sexual harassment lawsuit and settlement.  He's a hypocrite. 

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2006, 03:38:18 PM »
Don't forget the sexual harassment lawsuit and settlement.  He's a hypocrite. 
I don't think O'Reilly likes Hillary.

But he'll just have to do what Murdoch wants him to do.

Will be interesting to see O'Reilly back Hillary in the next months. And funny too, since I think he'll do it against his own will.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise