Author Topic: Just when you think you've seen it all....  (Read 2852 times)

buffbodz

• Getbig V
  • It's only a board
Just when you think you've seen it all....
« on: August 15, 2006, 09:19:53 AM »
...In the door walks a huge, fat, out of shape 500lbr.  I naturally assumed He was here for some diet advice, so I asked if I he was interested in loosing some weight.  I asked in a friendly not arrogant way.  He starts telling me His blood pressure is normal and He takes 50 pills a day, mostly vitamins.  He starts giving me advice on lifting and when I asked Him to step in the gym to demonstrate, He declined, as I figured.  He sat here for about 10 minutes telling me how active he was and just couldn't stop eating at night.  I offered to write him a diet, free, I figured the publicity would be a nice shot in the arm business wise, but He declined, saying He's tried many diets and they don't work for Him.  I asked if He ever tried Hoodia?  It does wonders killing late night cravings, but no.  When I mentioned He'd be eating at least 6 meals of clean food and wouldn't have time to be hungry He still brushed it off.  Why did He even come in and why not just give the free diet a try.  I know I could have probably saved his life.  All I could was shake my head.   You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.  I'm still in a funk at the whole thing.  What would any of you done in the same situtation?
6 meals lift heavy and 1/2 hr cardio

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
Re: Just when you think you've seen it all....
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2006, 09:24:30 AM »
let darwanism take its course my friend.  :)
carpe` vaginum!

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2006, 09:32:10 AM »
Hoodia?  It does wonders killing late night cravings,

Buffbodz, does this have anything in it that would interfere w/sleep?

Also, maybe that guy is just beginning to take the first steps toward becoming healthier.  Sometimes they'll be "baby steps" but hopefully he's heading in the right direction.

I think you handled it well and hopefully he'll feel like your offer remains open if he ever comes to the point of accepting it.

Don't let it get you down.  Maybe he just needs more time.
R

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2006, 09:34:16 AM »

hehee stella is getting tubby!

carpe` vaginum!

buffbodz

• Getbig V
  • It's only a board
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2006, 09:48:18 AM »

Also, maybe that guy is just beginning to take the first steps toward becoming healthier.  Sometimes they'll be "baby steps" but hopefully he's heading in the right direction.

I think you handled it well and hopefully he'll feel like your offer remains open if he ever comes to the point of accepting it.

Don't let it get you down.  Maybe he just needs more time.

Yup He mentioned sleep apnea.  Just weird comming in and not taking advantage of my services, free.  I like Toxey's souloution though.
6 meals lift heavy and 1/2 hr cardio

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2006, 10:18:19 AM »
...In the door walks a huge, fat, out of shape 500lbr.  I naturally assumed He was here for some diet advice, so I asked if I he was interested in loosing some weight.  I asked in a friendly not arrogant way.  He starts telling me His blood pressure is normal and He takes 50 pills a day, mostly vitamins.  He starts giving me advice on lifting and when I asked Him to step in the gym to demonstrate, He declined, as I figured.  He sat here for about 10 minutes telling me how active he was and just couldn't stop eating at night.  I offered to write him a diet, free, I figured the publicity would be a nice shot in the arm business wise, but He declined, saying He's tried many diets and they don't work for Him.  I asked if He ever tried Hoodia?  It does wonders killing late night cravings, but no.  When I mentioned He'd be eating at least 6 meals of clean food and wouldn't have time to be hungry He still brushed it off.  Why did He even come in and why not just give the free diet a try.  I know I could have probably saved his life.  All I could was shake my head.   You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.  I'm still in a funk at the whole thing.  What would any of you done in the same situtation?
I would have totally ignored him in the first place. Generally speaking from experience myself, these types of people are no better then the "pip squeek" personal trainer in a gym who's clients never get results. They think they know it all. Just worry about yourself and forget others. You'll waste your time.

PB

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2006, 10:41:58 AM »
I think personally he was just trying to vent out his frustrations to someone who knows about nutrition and exercise. When people hit a road block, alot of times they need to hear encouragement and not demeaning remarks. That's for any situation.

The main thing I would have done different is ask if he's been diagnosed woth a genetic disorder and if he didn't know, to have it checked. At that point you could always accentuate on the positives of his conversation, but eventually liars box themselves into a corner.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2006, 10:43:34 AM »
Typical fat fuck who's rude and tries to show an attitude towards people who are in good shape.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2006, 05:38:47 PM »
let darwanism take its course my friend.  :)

Thats cold blooded! ;)
The House that Ruth built

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2006, 05:40:55 PM »
II would have done different is ask if he's been diagnosed woth a genetic disorder

Oldschool, why not just ask the guy why he is a blimp?  ;)
The House that Ruth built