Author Topic: jonbenet killer caught  (Read 8497 times)

blinky

• Getbig V
jonbenet killer caught
« on: August 16, 2006, 01:41:59 PM »
just saw a story on the new that police have apparently arrested someone for killing jonbenet ramsey. missed the first part of the story as to where he/she was caught. no names released yet but might be at a press conference later today.

always though it was the mom or dad  :-\
should be interesting to see who they arrested

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
Re: jonbenet killer caught
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2006, 01:53:04 PM »
I TOLD Beach Bum they had reopened the case but he wouldn't believe me.  >:(

They caught the guy in Thailand, where else? He's a pedophile.

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2006, 02:03:27 PM »
i heard he was being brought back to the US but didnt hear from where. did you hear anything else?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2006, 02:20:01 PM »
I TOLD Beach Bum they had reopened the case but he wouldn't believe me.  >:(

They caught the guy in Thailand, where else? He's a pedophile.

I never said they didn't reopen the case.  We disagreed on the identity of the killer.  The link to the story is below.  I'm not convinced . . . yet.  I'll be eating some major crow if this guy is the killer.  I just don't see it.  IMO, it would be like looking for the real killer of Nicole Brown and Ronald Goldman.  This guy apparently confessed to elements of the crime known to the public, which isn't uncommon with some nuts.  Let's see if they can place him in Boulder on the night of the murder.  I'm not holding my breath. 

That said, I've been wrong before.  I thought Richard Jewell was guilty as sin, but that was just based on observing him answer questions.  He just looked and sounded guilty.  We'll see if I'm wrong again.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/08/16/ramsey.arrest/index.html

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2006, 02:27:23 PM »
I think saying the killer is "caught" is a little premature. This will take a while to play itself out. I do certainly hope they solve this crime being a parent of a little girl myself.
The House that Ruth built

Chamorrita

• Getbig III
  • Mens sana in corpore sano.
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2006, 02:47:09 PM »
News reports state that he is describing details of the murder that is unknown to the public.  Also, they state that he had been emailing Patsy Ramsey before her death...detailing the sexual assault.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2006, 02:50:20 PM »
News reports state that he is describing details of the murder that is unknown to the public.  Also, they state that he had been emailing Patsy Ramsey before her death...detailing the sexual assault.

I'd sure like to know what details aren't known to the public.  Everything from autopsy reports to police interviews to grand jury testimony has been in the public domain for years. 

Chamorrita

• Getbig III
  • Mens sana in corpore sano.
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2006, 02:57:13 PM »
I'd sure like to know what details aren't known to the public.  Everything from autopsy reports to police interviews to grand jury testimony has been in the public domain for years. 

I recall something about how she was strangled...ligature something or other...was  something unknown.  Dr. Lee was a guest and he mentioned that they would have to do handwriting analysis and compare it to the note that was left at the scene. 

John Karr is the guy's name.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2006, 03:07:50 PM »
I recall something about how she was strangled...ligature something or other...was  something unknown.  Dr. Lee was a guest and he mentioned that they would have to do handwriting analysis and compare it to the note that was left at the scene. 

John Karr is the guy's name.

The blow to the head is actually what killed her.  Her body was staged to make it look like she was sexually assaulted and strangled. 

The killer wrote the ransom note, so this guy's writing sample will speak volumes.  The only person who was never eliminated as the author of the ransom note (who provided samples) was Patsy Ramsey.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2006, 03:25:02 PM »
Good and Bad... Good he's caught, if he's the one who did it, FUCKING BAD BECAUSE IT'S ALL WE WILL HEAR ABOUT FOR MONTHS...  EVERY MAG COVER, EVERY NEWS UPDATE, OVER AND OVER AND OVER UNTIL I'M BEGGING FOR THE RETURN OF MS. CLEO.... >:(

Tombo

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2006, 01:47:32 AM »
yeah woopedy doo, concentrate your money on other things you fucking dingbats, all i could say now is she would probably be hot and on magazines!

DAMN YOU KILLER!

DAMN YOU TO HELL!

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2006, 05:05:39 AM »
That said, I've been wrong before.  I thought Richard Jewell was guilty as sin, but that was just based on observing him answer questions.  He just looked and sounded guilty. 

I hope you and millions of people learn from this.

Circumstances combined with wrong “intuition,” prejudice, and biogtry have tagged many innocent people as guilty.  I don’t know why so many people--who have no training in the area--think they can tell when someone is lying or guilty.  Just because you know when your friend, spouse, or child is lying doesn’t make you an expert in dissembling particularly when lives are at stake. :(

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2006, 05:09:29 AM »

Circumstances combined with wrong “intuition,” prejudice, and biogtry have tagged many innocent people as guilty.  I don’t know why so many people--who have no training in the area--think they can tell when someone is lying or guilty.  Just because you know when your friend, spouse, or child is lying doesn’t make you an expert dissembling particularly when lives are at stake. :(

well said.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2006, 05:12:59 AM »
Good and Bad... Good he's caught, if he's the one who did it, FUCKING BAD BECAUSE IT'S ALL WE WILL HEAR ABOUT FOR MONTHS...  EVERY MAG COVER, EVERY NEWS UPDATE, OVER AND OVER AND OVER UNTIL I'M BEGGING FOR THE RETURN OF MS. CLEO.... >:(

They caught the guy after 10 years and you are complaining because you will have to read about it or see it on TV? Have some compassion and stop worrying about yourself.
The House that Ruth built

Diesel1

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2006, 05:44:44 AM »
John Mark Karr, 41, told reporters: "I was with JonBenet when she died. Her death was an accident."

Looks like he's accepting his guilt

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/4800851.stm

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2006, 06:49:17 AM »
Looks like he's accepting his guilt

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/4800851.stm

wow

he says it was an accident. from what ive heard of her injuries...theres no way all those injuries were an accident. but then again what else is he gonna say

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2006, 07:15:51 AM »
wow

he says it was an accident. from what ive heard of her injuries...theres no way all those injuries were an accident. but then again what else is he gonna say 

I think the skull fracture was an accident... he (apparently there may have been someone else with him) or they, had wanted to abduct her, but then the damage was done so he (they) staged the rest.

anvil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2006, 07:24:03 AM »
John Karr, convicted sex offender and 2nd grade school teacher.  HOW THE F*** IS A CONVECTED SEX OFFENDER ALLOWED TO TEACH 2ND GRADE ANYWAY???  >:(

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2006, 09:17:36 AM »

Circumstances combined with wrong “intuition,” prejudice, and biogtry have tagged many innocent people as guilty.  I don’t know why so many people--who have no training in the area--think they can tell when someone is lying or guilty.  Just because you know when your friend, spouse, or child is lying doesn’t make you an expert in dissembling particularly when lives are at stake. :(

Dude get off your soap box.  Prejudice and bigotry had absolutely nothing to do with my mistaken belief that Richard Jewell was the Olympic Park bomber.  I simply made a mistake.  I'm actually very good at determining whether someone is lying, but I'm not always right (obviously).

Prejudice and bigotry has absolutely nothing to do with my belief that JonBenet was not killed by an intruder.  I read several books on the subject and then came to a conclusion.  I may turn out to be wrong, but it's just a tad early to make that determination.

If this guy is guilty I expect to be receiving messages from around the world from former students.   :-[

Still lots of unanswered questions including, among other things, the writing sample, how he knew about John Ramsey's $118,000 bonus, and placing him in the house the night of the murder:

"Karr's ex-wife, Lara Karr, told KGO-TV in California that she does not believe her former husband killed JonBenet because he was with her in Alabama at the time."

:-\   

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2006, 09:48:39 AM »
Dude get off your soap box.  Prejudice and bigotry had absolutely nothing to do with my mistaken belief that Richard Jewell was the Olympic Park bomber.  I simply made a mistake.  I'm actually very good at determining whether someone is lying, but I'm not always right (obviously).

I'd mock you... but you beat me to it.

Diesel1

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2006, 10:12:42 AM »
I've just heard on the radio that this John Karr character has just admitted to drugging and having sex with her

legbreaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2006, 10:58:13 AM »
I've just heard on the radio that this John Karr character has just admitted to drugging and having sex with her

That's another thing that leads to more questions because the autopsy found NO DRUGS in her system. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2006, 11:01:30 AM »
“He said it was second-degree murder. He said it was unintentional,” Suwat said. He said Karr told Thai interrogators that he picked JonBenet up at her school and brought her to the family’s basement"

that doesn't go with the facts at all.  Picked her up at school on Christmas day?

???

According to the Ramseys, they were at a party till late in the evening.  They carried JonBenet to bed, sleeping, and left her there sometime before midnight.  This guy's story smells funny already.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2006, 11:03:07 AM »
I'd mock you... but you beat me to it.

Ding!   ;D  Sort of lets the air out of your balloon, no? ;D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2006, 11:05:14 AM »
That's another thing that leads to more questions because the autopsy found NO DRUGS in her system. 

Correct.  The plot sickens.  This guy is lolo.